The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Posted by Klarth

Season 2 of Haruhi is pretty much confirmed. Three Haruhi games coming out on Wii, PS2 and PSP, and all kinds of promo stuff appearing in Jap magazines. Reportedly it's based on material from the next few novels (the second one was called The Sigh, so yeah).

http://www.haruhi.tv/

Check back on the seventh for an update (in Japanese).

[img]http://a.photos.cx/haru-989.JPG[/img]
[img]http://a.photos.cx/haru2-703.JPG[/img]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Sigh's an awesome band and Haruhi is some awesome animu show, so this has got to turn out pretty decent!

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I wanna see where they are going to go with this.

Posted by Klarth

Spoilers for synopsis of book two, which will likely share content with the anime:

[spoiler]Haruhi comes up with the idea that the SOS Brigade needs to do something for the upcoming cultural festival. Her class is doing a questionaire, which is boring in her mind. She decides to make a movie, starring Mikuru.

However, Haruhi begins to confuse the movie world with the real world, and the real world begins to become more like her movie. The pigeons in front of the shrine turn white, then into Passenger Pigeons, cherry trees blossom in autumn, Mikuru begins to shoot lasers out of her eyes, and the cat Shamisen begins to talk. By the efforts of Itsuki and Yuki, Kyon eventually convinces Haruhi to add a disclaimer at the end that the movie is a work of fiction.

Overnight, the movie apparently edits itself, and is shown. With the disclaimer, Haruhi herself realizes it is a work of fiction, and the world reverts back to normal.

- Wiki[/spoiler]

end

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Huh, that sounds pretty undramatic, considering how season 1 ended.

I want more Phoenix Wright references. And breasts!

Posted by Ant

They'll probably add onto it. As long as it maintains the same attitude as the first I'm sure I'll enjoy it just as much as the first. But the standards were set pretty high since the first was so good, hope they can live up to it.

Posted by Klarth

Yeah, the first season actually took elements from a few of the books - The movie they made (episode zero) takes place in book two, the "remote island syndrome" episode was taken from book three... However, like the anime, the novels were released achronologically. Some of the events in book three take place prior to book two.

Hurr hurr.

Posted by Xenos

Hmm ... I can't say I really like the first one much, and the summary of the second one doesn't realy appeal to me. I guess I'll be passing this over.

Quoted post: I can't say I really like the first one much

Get outta here.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Xenos;617163]Hmm ... I can't say I really like the first one much, and the summary of the second one doesn't realy appeal to me. I guess I'll be passing this over.
What didn't you like about it?

Posted by Klarth

WHY DIDN'T YOU LIKE IT XENOS :mad: LET ME ASK PROBING QUESTIONS UNTIL YOU BREAK DOWN AND SAY YOU DO :mad:

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Anime conformity *****.

Posted by Ant

she didn't like the large breasts.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'm taller than her, but she has larger breasts than me!

we need some delicious lolita to front the sos brigade :mad:

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I made my decision, I will probably only watch this just for more Yuki. Otherwise the story for the new season sounds stupid and Haruhi is so annoying.

Posted by Klarth

What I pasted will probably only be a small story arc. If they can milk that for 14 episodes I'll be very surprised.

Posted by Ant

Why do people like bland, emotionless characters like Yuki, or Rei?

because they're so deep and mysteeeeeerious

I actually have no clue...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I've always preferred Mikuru. Knows how to take orders like a ***** and screams awesomely.

Posted by Ant

I prefer the spunky attitude of Haruhi :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Haruhi would make your life hell. I just want a girl I can abuse.

Posted by Arcadios

Can't wait to see.
Since the first season got dubbed I'm wondering if they'll release the mangas and light novels.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Ant: Why do people like bland, emotionless characters like Yuki, or Rei?

Rei is awesome and was pretty original at the time.

Yuki is lame and stupid and bad.

Posted by Ant

Well yes, granted throughout the series Rei developed pretty well.

So hopefully Yuki will get a bit more in the story department come the next season.

Posted by Xenos

The characters didn't really appeal to me, neither did the story. I didn't really laugh at it when it was trying to be funny. I liked the last episode when it seemed as though something was going on at last, but it was kinda cut short ... being the last episode and all. I suppose I don't like the "randomness" in this too much, which is surprising even to me.

Posted by Apathetic

What is it about?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Actually, I hope Kyon's little sister gets a bigger role. She's adorable! :D

Posted by Ant

Quoting Apathetic: What is it about?

do a google search for haruhi. then check any site and start reading.

Am I the only one who like Kyon more than anyone else?

Quoted post: What is it about?

what is gigantic site wikipedia?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;618096]Am I the only one who like Kyon more than anyone else?

Kyon gets a lot of the best lines. I thought his commentary for the movie episode was awesome. Actually, his internal commentary on most episodes is great.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJMrL6mXTWE][IMG]http://www.yuribou.net/blog/pics/mikuru.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Movie episode was probably one of my favourites, actually.

Posted by Ant

Yeah, Kyon's a badass. But Haruhi is still my favorite.

Favorite episode though...that's a tough one. I recently rewatched the island episodes and those were fun. Oh, and the one with the space game was pretty awesome.

Posted by Shade

should I watch this show or what

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

do it now

The complete season one still has seeds in the high hundreds.

Posted by Shade

or YouTube

because for some reason video torrents don't work for me which i found out after i waited four days for all of evangelion to download and then couldn't even ****ing watch it

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

codecs, lol?

yeah, definitely codecs.

how does i use computers?

Posted by Ant

The K-lite codec pack should get you most of what you need.

Posted by Shade

Awesome.

Yeah, I have no idea what codecs are. Thanks, guys!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Just get VLC media player.

Posted by Shade

What's the difference between the basic, standard, and full versions of the K-Lite codec?

EDIT: k i figured i was just being dumb and got the full one. thanks for the guidance ant

oh yea downloading haruhi now

Posted by Klarth

Okay, turns out it's not being adapted from book two as was previously rumoured, but it's based on book four. The second season will probably be titled The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. Someone rename the thread as such.

Plot details (probably) as follows LOLSPOILERS:

[spoiler]On December 17, everything is normal — the SOS Brigade plans to have a nabe party for Christmas.

But on December 18, Kyon arrives at school to find everything has changed — Haruhi Suzumiya is missing, and her place has been taken by Ryoko Asakura. Kyon is the only one who notices anything different. Nagato is an ordinary human, and Mikuru does not recognize him. The only clue is a bookmark left by the alien version of Nagato, which leads Kyon on a quest back in time, where he interacts with the storyline from Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, trying to sort out the mystery and return to his own time line.[/spoiler]

And what is '[spoiler]Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody[/spoiler]'? More spoilers:

[spoiler]Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody (笹の葉ラプソディ, Sasa no Ha Rapusodi?)
This chapter starts on July 7. Haruhi, during the SOS Brigade's standard after-school meeting, tells everyone to write down wishes for the Tanabata festival. After the meeting concludes, Mikuru takes Kyon back in time, to the Tanabata festival three years ago. He meets Haruhi in 7th Grade, and is coerced into helping her. She orders him to draw strange signs on the field of her middle school with a chalk-drawing machine. After this, Haruhi asks Kyon's name. He replies, "John Smith".[/spoiler]

So, I'm guessing what with all the [spoiler]time-travelling[/spoiler], we'll probably see another out-of-sequence season.

http://haruhiism.com/

22-minute live action adaptation of the latter aforementioned events as a teaser. Predicting "omg that's crappy" responses, but...

Posted by Xenos

Okay, that sounds more interesting and I actually wouldn't mind watching that.

Posted by Shade

So I just watched episode one, but I doubt it had anything to do with the actual show because nobody named Haruhi was introduced or mentioned... and it was pretty much played as a badly directed screen play. But the narration was hilarious.

EDIT: Watched the first real episode. Quite enjoyable.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Shade32;618681]So I just watched episode one, but I doubt it had anything to do with the actual show because nobody named Haruhi was introduced or mentioned... and it was pretty much played as a badly directed screen play. But the narration was hilarious.

EDIT: Watched the first real episode. Quite enjoyable.

Remember that they were broadcasted anachronically.

Posted by Ant

I'm glad you're watching it in TV Broadcast order. Mindboggling why you would watch it IN order, considering the director of the show obviously put it out of order for a reason. Which is why it sucks how ONLY the special addition DVD's were put in TV order. ugh.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Ant: I'm glad you're watching it in TV Broadcast order. Mindboggling why you would watch it IN order, considering the director of the show obviously put it out of order for a reason. Which is why it sucks how ONLY the special addition DVD's were put in TV order. ugh.

If the director stated that you were intended to be shooting up smack while watching, would you do that too?

jesus yes

Posted by Ant

Quoting netman: If the director stated that you were intended to be shooting up smack while watching, would you do that too?

come on, you can't even compare the two.

but yes.

Posted by Klarth

If the director stated that you shouldn't watch it... Would you?

Posted by Ant

no

yes

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting netman: Yuki is lame and stupid and bad.

Fail, Yuki is the best character. She can kick 1000x more ass than any other character, she is an uber hax0r, she rips a mean guitar solo and she is just plain hot. Above anything, Haruhi is lame, stupid and bad.

+ Yuki's Character CD was the best out of everyone elses. Yuki singing>Haruhi singing

Posted by Shade

Just watched through episode three. And this show is so much better than I thought it would be. Itsuki's explanation at the end was very interesting.