Transformers

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Already a thread but it sucks. Discuss movie here.

Anywho, it opened tonight in Canada and I just got back from the first screening. Holy ****ing ****, it's unbelievable. Go see it in the theaters now. not only is it one of the funnier movies I've ever seen, but it's easily the best looking. The CG is by and far beyond anything done so far. The Transformers are highly complex and intricate and how they fight, drive, and fly all look stunning. Seeing Starscream attack a squadron of fighter jets well transforming back and forth between jet and robot is breathtaking. And wow, they got the characters down perfect. All Autobots are fully fleshed-out each with their own personality and behavior. Like King Kong, they're highly sympathetic due to the great CG and the way they designed the eyes and faces. Plus, they're ****ing hilarious. One of the funnier moments I've ever seen in a film takes place in Sam's backyard with the Autobots trying to hide from his parents.

Beyond all that though, it's one of the best action movies I've seen (Beats the pants off Live Free of Die Hard just to put it in perspective.) You've gotta see it on the big screen. Plus, if you were a fan of the eighties cartoon, you'll love the horrible amounts of cheese. Seriously, some parts are really, really cheesy, but they work fantastically if you appreciate the original cartoon. Go see it now.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Thank *** Michael Bay didn't screw it up. I'm gonna see it today and give my personal opinion on it later.

Posted by Moogs

I agree with every single word said in the first post. I saw the first screening last night here in Memphis. It was amazing. And like he said if you're not amazed by the action packed CG in the movie you are laughing your head off at the cheesy, yet funny moments. It was seriously 100% better than I thought it was going to be. Great Great Movie. 5 Thumbs Up!

Posted by Zeta

They didn't **** up? Awesome, I'm seeing it now.

Posted by Klarth

Rotten Tomatoes says 6/10.

Which by their standards means it's pretty good! I'll wind up seeing it in a week or so.

Posted by Echo

This movie was excellent. As a fan of the original cartoons it delivered everything I could have wanted it to. When I saw the first transformation I was just smiling from ear to ear. The fight scenes were really, really incredible, and the cheesy elements were done perfectly. Oh, and they got the original voice actor for Optimus Prime.

If you like action movies, you'll be pleased. If you were a fan of the cartoon, you will be ecstatic.

Posted by Roxas23857

*** I want to go see this movie but I don't have a car so I'll have to wait till tomorrow....man I want to see this movie so bad!!!!!

Posted by Moogs

Rotten Tomatoes is kind of hard on some movies though. I figured after seeing it they would give it a 7 or 8.

Posted by Lord of Spam

After the movie ended, me and my friends were sitting there through the credits (just to make sure, never know) and while talking, we realized that the black guy dies first (assuming you dont count bad guys getting killed, and really, who does?) when LOL SPOILERS [spoiler]Jazz gets ripped in half[/spoiler].

ITs a really, really, awesome film. The closest I could come to having a complaint with it was that all the autobots were all GM cars, and it felt like a really obvious commercial at times, but if you're not as much of a car fag as I am, chances are you wont notice.

Posted by muffla

i just got back form it and i absoloutly loved it, one of the best movies of the year. way better than spiderman

*spoliers below*
my fav part was when the cellphone turned into a robot in the box, i just loved that little rpg

Quoted post: Rotten Tomatoes says 6/10.

Which by their standards means it's pretty good! I'll wind up seeing it in a week or so.

problem with reviews I've read so far: they just don't seem to remember Transformers. They expected some sort of "deep" plot and more serious acting. If Bay did that, the movie would've been terrible. Believe it or not, Bay was the perfect choice for this movie.

Quoted post: The closest I could come to having a complaint with it was that all the autobots were all GM cars, and it felt like a really obvious commercial at times, but if you're not as much of a car fag as I am, chances are you wont notice.

Yeah, the product placement was... pretty ****ing bad. Though Bumblebee being a ****ty old camero sitting beside a ****ty old beetle had be laughing pretty **** hard. But hey, seeing a mountain dew machine go on a killing rampage more than made up for it.

Oh yeah, sit through the credits.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Just got back from it. Man was that movie ****ing awesome

It had some really, really funny parts and the finale was actually really good. I am so seeing this again, it was worth every penny I spent.

Posted by s0ul

Anyway, movie rocked me to my caramel nuget core.

Posted by Zeta

WHAT THE **** SPOILER TAGS FAGGOT >=O

Posted by s0ul

You can't blame me because you didn't go to the midnight showing.

Posted by Moogs

Bay was a great choice. And a lot of the critics I see giving this movie bad reviews have given previous Bay flicks bad reviews as well. Bastards.

Posted by UncleYaris

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]I'm gonna go see it tommorow. based on what im reading here, i wont be disappointed! :) [/COLOR][/FONT]

Quoted post: And a lot of the critics I see giving this movie bad reviews have given previous Bay flicks bad reviews as well. Bastards.

Bay kinda sucks on a critical level. But anyone going into a bay film expect a fantastic plot and great dialogue should just kill themselves.

Also, predictions for sequel: Galvatron and it'll focus mainly on the Decepticons much like this one focused on the Autobots. The fighting will get the attention of Unicron who will be featured in the third flim.

Posted by Roxas23857

Oh my *** this movie was so amazing!!! I went out of the theaters so happy that it wasn't sucky. I loved this movie and i'm going to see it like seven thousand more times. Can't wait for this movie to come to DVD as well.

Posted by Moogs

You were so happy that is was sucky? typo maybe?

Posted by Mystic Hero

I got to say it was one of the best movies I have seen this year so far. They did an excellent job with it. It was hillarious, entertaining and just fantastic all together. Bumble Bee was a riot and I'm sure Peter Cullen had a blast playing Optimus again, this time on the big screen. He sounds even cooler on the big screen imo.

Anyway, I went with a few buddies last night and the line was insanely long. Everyone in the theatre had a blast with all the shouting we did. I'd say the best part was when some guy just shouted out "Best movie ever!" and everyone else goes "HELL YES." Out of all the movies I have been to see none was noisier than the one I went to last night, but it was worth it as we had a good time while watching the movie.

Quoted post: Bumble Bee was a riot

I like how they used the radio for his voice. It was cute.

But yeah, going opening day for any comicbook/old cartoon movie is the ****ing best. Nerds are so awesome in a group. ****, when HASBRO came on screen people even erupted in applause for that. I laughed so hard. Love em.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: problem with reviews I've read so far: they just don't seem to remember Transformers. They expected some sort of "deep" plot and more serious acting. If Bay did that, the movie would've been terrible. Believe it or not, Bay was the perfect choice for this movie.

I think back to the Mario movie that was made a while back as a perfect example of an over dramatizing plot. If they would have stuck to a more cartoony and humorous tone, that movie wouldn't have seemed so over-the- top melodramatic. Plus, the dinosaurs in the plot really over complexed the hell out of the original story line.

I'm glad the Transformer movie didn't over dramatize the story, or make up too many stupid complexities to explain stuff to new viewers.

Posted by muffla

my dad thinks that they will make a second one, but im still not sure.

spoliers
[spoiler] starcream is still alive, he turned into a jet again and flew with the others, i think the mountan dew machine and the xbox one (lol) are both still alive but not too powerful, but my biggest opening is that mega tron is still mostly in one piece, if starscream (megatrons first hand man) can find a way to get another spark then there is a big possability for a sequil.[/spoiler]

Posted by UncleYaris

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]definetly one of the best movies I have ever seen. It was **** well amazing![/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by fates warning

I wanna see this movie pretty bad but im probly gonna have to wait a little so I can go with some freinds

anyways it looks really good, least from the previews.

Posted by Echo

Concerning a sequel, [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_film#Sequels"]here[/URL] is what Wikipedia says about it.

Sondwave's a given, though **** Dinobots. Just turn Magatron into Galvatron and everyone will be happy.

Quoted post:
i think the mountan dew machine and the xbox one (lol) are both still alive but not too powerful,

No, in the end credits they said how all the machines made from the Allspark were destroyed.

Posted by Lord of Spam

STAR TREK? WHAT IS THIS?

BUt yeah, sequels were obvious.

Posted by Nihilus

Yeah, I went and seen it opening night as well. I loved the movie from start to finish. They did a perfect job adapting the cartoon into the movie. The only complaint I have is that my favorite wasn't in the movie. When I was younger I liked Hot Rod, I thought the Camaro would be him, but, he was bumble bee. If I'm not mistaken Bumble Bee was actually a VW Bug. Ah well, it was a great movie.

Quoted post: If I'm not mistaken Bumble Bee was actually a VW Bug.

Yeah, which is the car Bumble bee dented in one of the earlier scenes.

Posted by Roxas23857

Ok so on my last post I mean to say...I'm so happy it wasn't sucky.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Finally got my lazyass out to see it. Had everything I'd expected; Bumble Bee, Minicons, the Allspark cube, etc.. My only beef, why did Star Scream need a facelift? And what exactly was the second trailer a preview of, before the film?

It was good, expect to see Hot Rod in the sequel (only to have him turn into Ultra Magnus, because I hate Hot Rod).

Quoted post: My only beef, why did Star Scream need a facelift?

Because everyone else got one.

Quoted post: And what exactly was the second trailer a preview of, before the film?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield

***zilla meets Blair Witch

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;618081]Because everyone else got one.

Star Scream's just not cool anymore, doesn't look anything like a cowardly ***** or hold the voice of Cobra Commander (Chris Latta). He should have just remained dead at the hands of Galvatron.

Except Starscream kicked a massive amount of *** in this movie and even looked cool. Plus, he was still as cowardly as ever.

Posted by Shade

The boy's pharamone levels suggest he wants to mate with the female.

Posted by Zeta

Saw it today. Best ****ing movie I've seen in a long time. Can't wait for the next one.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Just saw it. ****ING rocked.

Posted by Shade

I actually let out a woop when Optimus owned that one Decepticon on the freeway. The fights and the bots were done so well, I can see why it took so long to edit that movie.

Posted by poolmad911

i just got the transformers movie on bootleg
i just have to say its ****in awesome

Posted by Fate

You do the movie no justice by avoiding the big screen.

All I have to say about the movie is omgomgomg.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Two HUGE reasons why I will see the movie:
Peter
Cullen

Quoted post: You do the movie no justice by avoiding the big screen.

Truth. I can't imagine seeing it on a regular TV or even worse as a bootleg.