My Xbox DIED!!!

Posted by Tabascork

My original xbox died. It does have a modchip in it. The only thing wrong with it is the Hdd, so you can pick up any pc hdd from a store and put it in with the OS installed on it (how to do that I don't know) and it'll work again like new. I miss my xbox...

Posted by cool gamer dad

Why don't you go get one of those FREE 360 Elites? Already have, right?!

Posted by clearlytheman

it would be nice if people actually got a job instead of trying to get everything for free

Posted by cool gamer dad

Real americans get their shut for free

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=clearlytheman;615836]it would be nice if people actually got a job instead of trying to get everything for free

Hey grandpa, it's 2pm. You should be in bed!

Posted by Tabascork

Quoting Stinger: Why don't you go get one of those FREE 360 Elites? Already have, right?!

It's worth a try, right? Anyone who doesn't try has absolutely 0% chance of getting one for free (with paid subscription to Gamefly, so not really free)

Posted by Roger Smith

The only free thing in this world is AIDS.

Get it while it's hot.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Is someone complaining about free stuff? IT'S FREE!

Also, stop playing xbox. Go buy a 360. It's G[COLOR="White"]o[/COLOR]d's way of telling you to move on.

Posted by Roger Smith

Yeah, and making the 360 not compatible with all Xbox games is Microsoft's way of ****ing you in your consumer *** ^_^

Posted by Klarth

Haha, chipped Xbox. You should have gone with a softmod!

Posted by ZEN

Bah! Softmods are for cheap scrawny uber-virginized lame-arses who just want to copy games and use a trainer so they can p/own Halo on Master Ninja mode.

Modchips are for those hardcore gang bangers who want to run Linux and XBMC while nailing a supermodel.

Or close to something like that.

Do a search for a place called "XBOX-scene" for answers, or the "usual places" for backup MS bioses (if you forgot to backup your own).

NOTE: I got a Maxtor 250 GB HDD in my chipped XBOX, and the things I can make it do are pretty.

EDIT: Crongrats on witnessing my "least professional" post ever made on this forum (that I remember).

Posted by Klarth

Quoting ZEN: Bah! Softmods are for cheap scrawny uber-virginized lame-arses who just want to copy games and use a trainer so they can p/own Halo on Master Ninja mode.

Modchips are for those hardcore gang bangers who want to run Linux and XBMC while nailing a supermodel.

Or close to something like that.

I have the UXE softmod. I run XBMC as my dash and I've tried out Linux in the past. I don't play Halo. I've never had XBL. I had a threesome with a supermodel and Keira Knightley. What's your point?

Posted by clearlytheman

Quoting The X: Hey grandpa, it's 2pm. You should be in bed!

The Legend has spoken

Posted by Klarth

Quoting clearlytheman: The Legend has spoken

Suck my cock.

Posted by ZEN

Quoting netman: What's your point?

Softmods are harder to fix once they're screwed up. They're also the favored method used by the kids who just want to copy games and use trainers/cheat mods (of course that's a gross over-generalization based on past encounters with the aforementioned that should not apply to anyone who softmodded their box for reasons other than playing illegally copied games and Halo on Master Ninja mode).
SALYKIA

Fine, I confess- A softmodder screwed up my 'box once and now I truly, deeply despise them all.
Misplaced aggression, I suppose.

Posted by Klarth

I'm told that by using a Western Digital HDD in my softmodding adventure I've increased the risk of something not nice happening. However, it's been nearly two years and it still works fine.

I was also told that if the mod screwed up it'd be something up with the hard drive, so I'd be able to fix it easily what with the bios having not been touched...

Posted by phlynthe

You can flash the bios with a softmod and thusly have all the same functionality of a modchip. The only hardmods that matter are the ones like ram, processor, ide, etc.

Posted by Klarth

RAM mod seems fairly silly, considering there are only a handful of homebrew apps that can use the extra memory. I guess if you're meticulously picky about getting your CPS1/2 and MAME roms at full speed, then it's worth it, but...

Posted by Tabascork

My Hdd was 120 GB and yes modchips DO matter, unless you wanna get kicked off of Xbox Live for using the Mechassault softmod.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Is someone complaining about free stuff? IT'S FREE!

Also, stop playing xbox. Go buy a 360. It's G[COLOR="White"]o[/COLOR]d's way of telling you to move on.

lol, ya agreed

Posted by ZEN

Quoting Tabascork: My Hdd was 120 GB and yes modchips DO matter, unless you wanna get kicked off of Xbox Live for using the Mechassault softmod.

You can get kicked off for a mod chip too. Luckily newer chips have that "stealth F-drive" ability to hide your extra partition space from Microsoft.

I prefer the modchip method because it grants FTP access without the use of a dashboard.