Should I get a wii???

Posted by Roxas23857

Ok so I want a wii but I don't know...is it a good idea? I know you are going to tell me that I should get one just because this is a wii forum but tell me the truth is it worth it or not?

Posted by Ant

If you don't mind waiting, which you already have for about 8 months now. Wait another 4. That's when you'll haven plenty of games worth your time and to warrant a purchase.

Posted by S

[IMG]http://fanboys-online.com/comics/20070515.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Roxas23857

Thanks guys!! This really helps. Just keep posting your thoughts.

Posted by Linko_16

Wow. Fanboys needs guest comics to be funny.

Posted by Klarth

webcomics are never funny unless they are xkcd.

I'd recommend a Wii due to being fun for a few months, then boring, then WHOA NEW GAME and it's fun again.

You know; just like any other console.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

if you like resident evil games then definatly get one. i love resident evil but i dont have the room to stand in my room for a Wii, and im not playing a Wii sitting down, that defeats the perpose (i think). but if you dont like resident evil games. don't get a Wii

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=EvilDeadGamer;615740]if you like resident evil games then definatly get one. i love resident evil but i dont have the room to stand in my room for a Wii, and im not playing a Wii sitting down, that defeats the perpose (i think). but if you dont like resident evil games. don't get a Wii
There is one ****ing Resi game for the Wii. RE4 isn't a console-deciding factor.

You also don't need to stand up. Wii Sports is the only game I stand up for.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=The X]There is one ****ing Resi game for the Wii. RE4 isn't a console-deciding factor.
This is true if you don't factor in backwards compatability. The best versions of every main series Resi game are all playable on the Wii.

Posted by Roxas23857

So I know it's been a while on this thread but yesterday I got a wii!!!
So the games I have are just wii sports and wii play which is fun because my whole family has been playing so it makes it loads more fun.

Posted by Unite

Buy one , it's dirt cheap anyways so buying one to test out is fine.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

The Wii is a mighty fine system, indeed. There's sure to be a decent showing of Pokemon games on it, too, if Battle Revolution alone isn't enough to slake your thirst for cutesy animal slaves beating the snot out of each other.

Posted by The Hate

The only problem I have with the wii is with fps games. I played my friends wii and I sucked at red steel. Im not telling you not to get fps games, just be aware thats what u have to do for them.

Posted by Ant

WARNING: DO NOT BUY POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION! IT IS A MEDIOCRE PIECE OF S[COLOR="Lime"]H[/COLOR]IT.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

BR could have been better, yes. I miss the mini-games from the Stadium series, and they should let you use your custom trainer in DS battles (and the customization could have been a little deeper, at that), but since I took some time off from the Pokemon series until Diamond and Pearl, here, I'm satisfied with it.

Posted by Fate

I'd say to buy one if you can find one just so you can have it and wait patiently for some fabulous titles. Right now, I'd say the games are okay to wait on.

Posted by Speedfreak

Get one now, there's a great lineup this year and next year is going to be phenomenal. If you wait til Christmas you'll have a lot of trouble finding one.

Posted by Ant

what's so good about next year?

Posted by Iris

I agree with Fate and Speedy. It's best to buy them now, spaced out between holidays. It'll be harder if you wait, and there's some good games that'll keep you occupied while you wait for some new titles.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Ant;635126]what's so good about next year?

Mario Kart, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest for starters, there's more but I'm not exactly a walking encyclopedia. But mainly because developers will have stopped with the cheap Wiimakes and spinoffs and will finally figure out what to do with the controller.

Posted by Fate

In theory! You forget those cheap titles make them money.