Turn based battles

Posted by WillisGreeny

It's amazing to see that so much progress has supposedly been done for turn based battle engines in RPG's. There really hasn't been a more popular type of battle engine outside of what's been made for Final Fantasy, but I'm suprised the more action oriented versions haven't been more popular.

Posted by Ant

Well, RPG fans want turn based games. And Action game fans want games with more action than that you would fine in action like RPG. So it's really not a middle ground genre that just doesn't really appeal to most people. Although Kingdom Hearts is arguably the post popular of that type of game. But if you were to make an original cast with the same type of setting it may or may not be as popular. That has yet to be seen though, since I can't really think of many other action RPG type games.

Posted by Zeta

Brave Fencer Musashi. **** yeah.

Posted by Xenos

Turn base can annoy the hell out of me at times when they have the Active Time Bar that moves so ****ing slow.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting WillisGreeny: It's amazing to see that so much progress has supposedly been done for turn based battle engines in RPG's. There really hasn't been a more popular type of battle engine outside of what's been made for Final Fantasy, but I'm suprised the more action oriented versions haven't been more popular.

I like how you hardly make any sense.

Real time>turn based.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Angelwing: I like how you hardly make any sense.

Real time>turn based.

You're right Angelwing. It seems I failed my mission to do ambiguos posting here, since you all understood me and responded. I'll try harder next time to make my point more mysterious and meaningless. Don't give up on me yet!

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Wow, you are a genius!

Posted by Fate

I prefer turn-based, although some exceptions could be made. I liked FFVIII's battle system the most, but FFXII was some pretty **** good competition.

Posted by Apathetic

If its a good game then I dont care, if its bad turn based will just annoy me. Oh and Zelda for Wii, probably the most fun Ive had fighting on rpg games in a while.

Posted by Ant

ZELDA ISN'T AN RPG. DO YOU SEE A BAR ABOVE THEIR HEAD?

Posted by Apathetic

WELL IT IS TO ME, SINCE I CAN ONLY REMEMBER ABOUT 5 CLASSIFICATIONS OF GAMES.
But enough excuses on my part, update me when did this key point make games an RPG?