Mind Quiz pulled from shelves.

Posted by Roger Smith

Game gets pulled cuz of a mom of a child with cerebral palsy complained the game called HER a spastic. Bollocks lol.
In the UK btw.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6173353.html

If you are offended then don't play the game. Just sell it, brake it poop on it who cares. Just don't **** it up for the other people who might like the game or might want to play the game.

Posted by gape

Well if you read the article it says that word is highly offensive in the UK. So while it was pulled because of her complaint, it was also pulled so they could edit that word out in the UK version. People couldn't know that word was in the game without playing it first, right? And what was the rating on the game? Did it include a warning for "dirty language"?

Posted by Roger Smith

That doesn't automatically apply to EVERYONE in the UK. If I was born and lived in the UK and I played that game, I'd lol at it and continue playing. I'm sure she didn't just see that and jump up and say OMFG THAT OFFENDS ME HIGHLY I'M GOING TO PUT TOGETHER A BAN OR SOMETHING EQUALLY BAD FOR THIS GAME CUZ IT OFFENDS ME SO MUCH.

But, then again maybe she was truly offended and maybe she was right to do what she did.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: That doesn't automatically apply to EVERYONE in the UK. If I was born and lived in the UK and I played that game, I'd lol at it and continue playing.

Nothing applies to everyone. If they took your opinion on everything, we wouldn't need the ESRBs or censors, but that's not the way the world works.

Posted by Roger Smith

Stop reposting what I just said.

Posted by Zeta

Why did she buy that for her mentally handicapped child, and how did she play ****ty enough to get the spastic comment?

Posted by gape

Quoted from a reply at gamespot. "In the UK the word has grown to be a really nasty term for anyone with a debilitating disability or severe learning disorder." So yes, I believe she was truly offended by it. This game isn't meant to offend people. It's just a fun quiz game. And they did the right thing by pulling it and editing it.

Quoted post: Stop reposting what I just said.

Except besides the first thing, it's nothing alike!

Posted by Roger Smith

EXCEPT THE IMPORTANT PART. lol.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Calling somebody a Spastic here is like dropping the n-bomb in the USA.

Case closed!

Posted by Klarth

Not in the southeast! Nobody's said that outside of primary school for about a decade here.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

You know what? I'm going to sue every game company on the face of the planet, because I've always found the phrase "Game Over" to be demeaning. It makes it sound like it's my fault.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Prince Shondronai;614466]You know what? I'm going to sue every game company on the face of the planet, because I've always found the phrase "Game Over" to be demeaning. It makes it sound like it's my fault.

Congratulations on missing the point of the article.

X, you've been arond long enough to know that I don't read 99% of the articles people link to around here. I just take the basic premise and run with it until it's hilarious.

Posted by Roger Smith

Which you did pretty well.

Posted by Bebop

This whole thing is retarded.

Posted by Roger Smith

Yeah, the UK is ****ing up. Not only the game get taken off the shelves, now ciggs get banned from indoor establishments.

Quoting Roger Smith: ...now ciggs get banned from indoor establishments.

Wow, I wish they'd do that in my town. Can't stand cigarette smoke.

Posted by Roger Smith

Well, ****ty as smoking is smokers have rights too. They should at least have some form of freedom.

Quoted post: Well, ****ty as smoking is smokers have rights too. They should at least have some form of freedom.

Don't be an idiot.

Quoting Roger Smith: Well, ****ty as smoking is smokers have rights too. They should at least have some form of freedom.

Disagreement. Tobacco should be as illegal as any other drug. Alcohol, too. Unfortunately, prohibition of that sort only serves to create crime syndicates, so it's not practical.

Posted by Roger Smith

True, but you can't fault them for their own choices. They are people like you and me lol. They just have a shorter life span then us :cookie:

Quoted post: True, but you can't fault them for their own choices.

Yes you can. Pedos, murderers, and criminals in general are all at fault for their choices.

Posted by Roger Smith

Oi, how did pedos and murderers get into this convo? Smoking isn't illegal so why put them in that category?

Anyway, I don't really get bothered by smokers. If they abolish smoking well hey lol that's fine with me. My parents will quit smoking(hopefully others too), live longer lives and have more free money. But if they don't well that's why they have smoking and non-smoking sections only in places. People will just have to learn how to get over if when they ban smoking in areas.

Whoever wins I win.

Quoted post: Oi, how did pedos and murderers get into this convo? Smoking isn't illegal so why put them in that category?

Because they're at fault for their choices. and lawls its illegal to smoke indoors

Posted by Roger Smith

EVERYONE is at fault for choices they make. There's always a consequence for every action. Hell, I'm at fault for choosing hentai girls over real girls but that's my choice lol, strange and wrong as it may be. Just like our Linko choosing dickgirls over girls, but we still enjoy him being around.

Though pedos murderer etc is wildly different from cigs, your point still got across.

This is turning into a rather interesting thread:cool:

No it's not.

Posted by Roger Smith

Well now it isn't dick.