Open Challange

Posted by UncleYaris

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]Well, now that I have a character set up, I'll be glad to face anybody willing in an open challange. Any takers?

P.S Why can't I post any url links or images?
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by S

Why not? Would you like to post the arena or have the first strike?

As far as URLs go, there's a post limit. Not sure what it is though.

Posted by UncleYaris

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]I'll gladly take first strike
now, if you'd be so kind as to post the arena, we can start this thing. =)
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by S

[color=black]Swooning in the morning breeze, petals of ivory drifted into the dimly lit sky; lifting from the earth like a soft down-comforter after a long, dreamless sleep. Flowing like the ebbing sea, they filled the great azure with their soft glow; churning and swelling as they rose higher and higher into the air.

The wind blew harder now, rising in intensity at random intervals, only to die down seconds later; and with this intensity, tore the sheet apart lightly. Dissipating into its separate parts, each petal drifting away from its brother, the sheet was swept away in the flow of time. But below it, millions of its siblings still slept on the vast stretch of earth... a restless sleep, tossing to-and-fro with the wind nestling up against them in the darkness of night.

Slowly, the shape of Surtr's spark began to rise above the horizon, and before it, rested S

Posted by UncleYaris

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
[COLOR="Yellow"]"There's quite a bit of bounty on your head, Viking."[/COLOR][COLOR="Black"] The stranger said as he stepped behind him.[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]"And you have been quite hard to find."[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Black"]Sar Cathan grimaced. He had no idea who this man was nor his intentions. All he saw was the battle-scarred armour that clad his body, and his helmet which rested upon his shoulders.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]"What foul have I commited?"[/COLOR][COLOR="black"] he demanded.

The newcomener did not answer, he slowly just dropped the weapon he was carrying on the ground beside him.[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]"You don't carry any ranged weapons,"[/COLOR][COLOR="Black"]the newcomer noted.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]"Among my people, that is a sign of honour."[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]"And who are you people?"[/COLOR][COLOR="Black"]The Viking asked.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]"I am Jayke Krygr, of the planet, Lumaria,"[/COLOR][COLOR="Black"]he said.[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]"It was difficult for me to find this place, and, as I have mentioned before, you have a bounty on your head."[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Black"]Sar Cathan stared into the helmet of the man known as Krygr. As he watched, Krygr removed a steel rod resting on his biscep. He flicked a switch, and a bright cyan blade shot out of the rod. Suddenly, without warning, Krygr lept out at Sar Cathan, almost flying at him, his boots spwing out flames. Krgyr took a sweep at the Viking's midsection, only to have his attacked countered by his opponent's blade.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]"I'm impressed."[/COLOR][COLOR="Black"]Krygr said with a chuckle.[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]"Your steel doesn't melt to my blade.[/COLOR][COLOR="black"]Inside Krgyr's helmet, several words flashed by as a number reading appeared, hovering just over the image of Sar Cathan.[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]I'm going to record his power reading for future refernce. He can't be the only warrior of his people.[/COLOR][COLOR="Black"] Krygr scilently thought. He lept at his opponent again.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Black"]Sar Cathan said nothing as Krygr made several other attacks, first to the midsection, then low, before going back to the midsection and being blocked high. Krygr brought the weapon down hard on Sar Cathan's right side, and anticipated the parry. Krgyr quickly reached for the weapon on his right biscep and hit Sar Cathan on the head with it before activating the crimson blade. Sar Cathan stumbled back in shock, and turned his head to look at the bounty hunter standing there with his weapons in hand. He couldn't see it, but Krgyr's mouth turned into a large grin.[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]This is going to last five minutes...[/COLOR][COLOR="Black"] Krgyr thought. He got into a cocky defensive stance and braced himself for his opponent.[/COLOR]
[/FONT]

Posted by S

OoC: Next time, let the opponent draw their weapons before you utilize them. Sometimes players like to use their weapons as a tier system, I'm one of those players. Sar focuses on hand-to-hand combat before he draws Tyrfing. Buuut... since Tyrfing is drawn, why not?

"Is... that it," Sar inquired at the defensively poised man, "You assault an Einherjar with only that much?"

Sneering to himself, he pulled his glance away from Jayke and shook his head slightly towards the flowers beneath him. "
You'll have to do much better than that..."

Pulling his sword before him, Sar traced his fingers along the blade as his words trailed off; in their wake, a thick and translucent haze resonated from within the blade called Tyrfing. "...if you want me dead."

[color=darkred][i]

Posted by UncleYaris

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]OoC: My bad about the whole weapon thing. I thought it would be fine :/. Whats OoC mean anyways?

[COLOR="black"]Jayke snapped from his daze and timed his strike just perfectly to parry the blade as it fell with his left beam saber. Then, just as Sar's knees made contact with the Luagrian, Jayke threw down his blade towards the ground and wrapped his arms around them. Sar had a look of suprise on his face as Jayke's jetpack began to spew flames and he felt himsel be lifted upwards. Jayke, after ascending several metres, picked Sar up and flung him towards the flower fields. Jayke turned his body and began to fly at his opponent, head-first into his chest and forcing him to reach his destination, the cold, hard gound, quicker than anticipaited. As Sar's back hit the grond, Jayke flung his body forwards and flipped over Sar, landing a few feet away from his head.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]"You're stronger than I anticipaited,"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]Jayke said.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"]"A miscalcualtion on my part, I admit. However, I will not make the same mistake twice. "[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Black"] Sar stood up, shaking. As he stood up, a fist came across his head, followed by two sharp knees to his rib cage, and a hard hammer blow to his back with Jayke's clenched fists. Sar let out a grunt as he hit the ground. Jayke walked over to where his now deactived blades lied and picked them up, activating them again, and stared at Sar, who was now stuggling to get up. His hands clenched his blade, and Jayke coudl see the steel shake in his hands. Inside of his helmet, several numbers flashed by, and a power reading appeared...[/COLOR]
[/FONT]

OoC: I know you said the ground is breakable, I'm using that hole as a build-up for later.

Posted by S

OoC: OoC means Out of Context. It's used to differentiate between you're writing and us communicating. There's going to be a small delay, I'm sorry. I'm having a radical alteration of my life this weekend and won't be able to post until Monday or maybe late tomorrow. I'm sorry, I'd have liked to keep this as daily as possible but circumstances aren't permitting. I promise I'll have something up by then. Also, if you're building up for a scene change, that's cool with me, just make sure you know the scenary we're falling into. If you want me to lead into it, I can, because I have an image of it already inlaid in my head. Just let me know.

Posted by UncleYaris

Ooc: It's no problem whatsoever, you take your time with whatever you have to do and get back to me as soon as you can. I study a lot of Norse mythology so I have a very good idea of where it would end up if I did end up breaking the ground layer, I just didn't have a chance to throw any Valkyries in yet =P

As to what your doing next, suprise me. I won't tell you what to do next, just keep me on my toes and throw whatever you can at me. Thanks for the OoC definition too.

Posted by S

OoC: Sorry if I'm coming on strong, but I'm actually testing my own character too (Also, after trying to write this post in its entirety, its testing me as a writer as well. There was a lot going on at once and its very hard to articulate it.). This is the first time I've used S

Posted by UncleYaris

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Black"]Jayke's body elevated higher and higher. When his eyes opened, he saw the crescent of energy flying towards him at an incredible speed.[/color]
[COLOR="Yellow"]This ain't good." [/cOLOR][COLOR="Black"]he muttered outloud.[/color]
[COLOR="Black"]His jetpack raored to life as he quickly put his beam swords away and, in one liquid motion, drew his trusty beam rifle, strapped to his back. Jayke continued to move in the same direction, but at a much quicker velocity. He managed to keep enough room between him and the disk to fire seven rounds of his rifle. The blue energy projectiles all were steered off course at the last second before making contact with the energy, and disintegrated. [/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]"This ain't good at all..."[/color]
[COLOR="Black"]He reached towards his belt and whipped out a grenade launcher attachment and several grenade rounds, and slapped them onto his rifle. He fired several grendades at the energy, but they all blew up upon making contact having no effect on it. He put the rifle on his back and began to attempt to flee from it. It was at that moment that he realized that the disk was following him, and he couldn't shake it off. [/color][COLOR="Yellow"]"Screw this," [/color][COLOR="Black"] he said as he stopped fleeing and hovered in the air for a moment. [/color] [COLOR="Yellow"]"I don't like running away,anyways." [/color][COLOR="Black"] He drew his beam swords and took the attack head on, bringing both blades down at the same time on the cresent. The resulting explaosion shook the ground all the way down to Ygrasill's (sp?) roots. Sar stared at the dust in the air, searching for some sign of life.[/color]
[COLOR="DarkRed"]"You've learned your mistake too little, too late."[/color]
[COLOR="Black"]Suddenly, eleven electric blue laser rounds peirced the dust and flew towards Sar. Sar quickly jumped back and each one hit the ground where his feet once stood. Over the dust cloud, Jayke Krygr's jetpack spewed out flames and propelled him over it, and to the ground, standing several meters away from Sar. Jayke's gold and blue armour was charred black, smoke rising out of it. His beam swords still hummed with life, being drawn before he stepped on the fround, but hung down at his sides. Krygr took a step forward, but stumbled and was forced down on one knee.[/color]
[COLOR="Yellow"]"Your little trick there would've killed a normal man."[/color][COLOR="Black"]Jayke began. [/color][COLOR="Yellow"]"Its a good thing I'm only half human. But..." [/color] [COLOR="Black"]Jayke pointed to a control pannel on his chest. [/color][COLOR="Yellow"]"You've knocked out my shields. Good thing my armour is the best in this galaxy." [/color]
[COLOR="Black"]Without warning, his feet began to spew flames and he rushed headfirst into Sar. He swung both of his swords. Sar manged to parry off his first flury of attacks with relevent ease. The high attack was blocked and knocked aside. Sar swung at Jayke's midsection but was caught onto by Krygr's left blade. Krygr then took a swing at Sar's left arm with his right blade, and made contact. The viking screamed in pain as his flesh was burned by the energy saber. Sar stepped back, holding his arm, wincing in pain. Jayke lept back at Sar and punched him in the stomach with the steel handel of his left blade, followed by a hard punch to Sar's head, knocking him down. When he hit the ground, Sar dropped again on his knee and and stopped to catch his breath.[/color]
[COLOR="Yellow"] No more playing around [/color] [COLOR="Black"]he thought.[/color]

OoC: Your attack damaged me quite heavily, knocking ouy my shield generator (a la the Halo games) and did damaged to my body itself. I'm going to try and come out a lot stronger with my next couple attacks without being lethal, so if it's alright, can you give me the green light when the match is lengthy enough to get really violent?
[/font]

Posted by S

OoC: Remember, our characters aren't normal. Its a tad early to be showing fatigue in my opinion. This is still play for Sar, in all honesty.

OoC2: I modded you a slight bit, I hope that's okay with you. I can always change it but I felt it gave Jayke a little more flare in my post.

Picking his torso up with his arms, Sar swung himself under the kneeling Jayke, sweeping his legs out from under him. Landing on the inside of his right foot, Sar redirected the force of his spin into Jayke's skull, palming it with his left hand. Slamming into his face, Jayke's eyes were pushed to the side, his vision blurring with the haze of dead and crushed flowers passing him by. The smell of singed flesh and char filled his nostrils within the moment of sentience he could muster, but to no avail. Twisting his center of gravity and hauling Jayke's body straight into the air, Sar lifted the masked man by just his face and hucked him like a child trying to skip a stone across a lake. His aim wasn't quite right though.

His nose instantly broke on contact, however the pure force of a ninety-degree, spiraled, vault into the floor did much more damage to the earth than to Jayke, thanks to his helmet. As his mask collided with the ground, inertia took its course and Jayke rammed into his own helmet at about one-hundred-and-twenty miles per hour, which then forced the helmet into the bedrock. After his face ricocheted and was forced back up, rock erupted into the air. Next, the brunt of his body crushed into the earth with devastating force, and one can barely imagine what it looks like when parts of your body are being forced in directly opposing situations.
Apparently his neck can twist that way. It'd be a shame if it just snapped though...[color=black]

The back of Jayke's head just about touched his spine when a combination of gravity and his body screaming 'that doesn't work!' took effect and straightened him out. He twisted and writhed as the rest of his body caught up, and though that seemed like an eternity, it was more like a nanosecond. And as his descent finished, he rag dolled back up into the air from the pure power, his body still spinning cock-eyed from the arch Sar had placed on the throw.

Meeting Jayke on his ascent, Sar hurled an airborne round-house kick toward Jayke's sternum. Just now able to control his limbs, Jayke crossed his arms in front of his chest and took the brunt of the attack with his center of gravity, forcing him out of the air and to the ground. Sliding his legs under him just in time, Jayke hit the ground hard but on his feet, and without a moment's hesitation, his rocket pack took to life and with blades drawn, he struck out at Sar, who was lagging behind. Slamming into Sar, whose feet had only just tapped the broken earth beneath him, Jayke tore Sar off the ground again, S

Posted by UncleYaris

OoC: I'm assuming that your character remained levitating in the air as I crashed into Midgard. Just correct me if I am indeed wrong

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="blue"]Crashing down onto a plain in the realm of men, Jayke's body folded into two as it lapsed back and he lied there for a moment, catching his breath. Placing his arms behind his back, he sprung himself up to his feet. Kryger's visor hissed as it flew upwards into his helmet, and from the distance, his opponent saw his face for the first time. Kryger's emerald eyes looked skywards at his opponent, glazed, as he wiped the blood from his broken nose and snapped it back into place.

Suddenly, without warning, the visor slipped back into place and Jayke drew his blaster rifle from his back. Aiming at Sar, he squeezed the trigger several times, sending bursts of laster fire at his opponent. Sar avoided them easily, before he was caught off guard by the final strike, which caught him in the leg. As his body began to fall momentarily, Jayke's jetpack roared to life as he flew straight into his opponent. Lifting a knee, he brought it up the momentarily dazed Sar, crushing it into his gut. Sar exsumed a gasp of air, as Jayke turned quickly and landed a roundhouse kick to Sar's face.Flying back several feet, Jayke whipped out his blaster rifle and shot Sar several more times as he flew back, his body violently reacting to each shot. Soon the body began to fall, and Jayke followed it. He flew overtop of Sar, giving a fierce blow to his stomach forcing him to crash into the plains of Midgard faster than he was before. The earth shook at the impact, creating a crater housing the body.

Sar began to stand up, and Jayke landed on the ground in front of him. He reached to his belt and drew his beam sabers, and a flash of red and blue light gave life to his weapons.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]"Are you ready?"[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="blue"]he asked Sar. Sar said nothing as Jayke flew towards his opponent once more, swinging his blades at the viking. Sar blocked the attacks with ease, but didnt anticipate Jayke's foot sweeping across the ground. Sar found himself lying on his back again, his head bouncing painfully on the rocky ground under him. Jayke flew upwards at a 90 degree angle, turned upside down, and flew straight at Sar with both blades pointed at his torso. At impact, Sar's eyes were wide, almost popping out of his skull, as he felt the searing heat enter both sides of his ribcage. Jayke then shifted his weight around and brought his knees over top of Sar head, following through with his arms, flinging Sar's body across the plain. He followed it, and placed both palms on his chest after catching it mid air. Electric shocks surrounded Sar, painfully tearing away at his nerves, followed by a rocket blast to the torso, breaking his ribcage and sending both bodies flying in either direction. Jayke did a backflip and landed on his feet, his opponent wasn't so lucky.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]"Come on, boy."[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="blue"] Jayke said to himself in a low voice. [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"] "Lemmi see what you're made of. Entertain me a bit."[/COLOR][/FONT]

OoC: I'm assuming we are fighting in a plain of some sort, again correct me if I'm wrong.