ESRB

Posted by clearlytheman

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=118468

anyone else getting tired of these guys?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'd understand if they were just pulling TV ads, but internet trailers that have age gates on them? What?

Posted by clearlytheman

I think especially after manhunt 2 they are on a definite power trip and they will seriously hamper future games just wait til they attack GTA IV

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Power trip? They're just under more scrutiny and most likely feeling the pressure.

Posted by Degeneration

Age gates aren't effective anyway. It looks to me like all they do is prevent sites from getting sued by protective parents. Not our fault that your kid lied!

It's about time that the ESRB started caring more about how much is really enforced in the gaming world, and if titles like Manhunt 2 are what brought this kick in the pants about, Take Two deserves thanks.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Sure, the Age Gate is useless, but it pretty much tells everyone "Hey, there is some mature content in this video that should be viewed by 17+." So when a kid lies about his age, thats not the company's fault, it's the kids and the parents fault. It's pretty much the same thing as a parent buying a M rated game for their kid and then they complain about it, except ESRB is bitching and not parents