Bleach

Posted by Shadow

This is a great show to watch, the story/plot is nice. I just started, so I am on Episode 9. I can't believe this anime haven't been made on this section. Anyway, What do you think of the Show?

Posted by S

It's a good anime and its been mentioned before in this section I believe. I'm on chapter 27X, not sure exactly which one. I always forget the number. Are you watching it subbed or dubbed? The dub is horrible in my opinion.

Posted by Average n00b

Quoting Lunairetic: The dub is horrible in my opinion.

Agreed. I watch the subbed anime and two of my friends read the manga online. I've been watching it for just about two years now, it's awsome..

Berry and Mayuri own. <3

((Berry=Hollow Ichigo))

Posted by S

Berry, huh? Shirosake as he's called typically is the japanese equivalent I take it? I just call him Bleach. But yeah, I've been following for about a year and a half. The Rukia saga was mostly released by the time I started, and that was really an awesome hook for an anime.

Posted by Average n00b

The Bounto(sp?) arc sucked arse though. D: So I skipped that arc and paid more attention to the manga.

The most recent arc is awsome! My friends cosplaying as the Arrancar(sp?) Orihime. ^^

xD I actually cosplayed as Yachiru, actually..But it kinda failed. ^^;
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c199/EdwardElric145/Cosplaying/?action=view¤t=016_13A.jpg

But yeah, Bleach's rad. :B

Posted by S

Ditto, the whole "Scared to use Bankai" gimmick was horrible. I moved to the Manga around that time too. The recent Arc is great, you're right. I can't wait for next week's manga. Grimmjaw and Kenpachi are probably the best two villians in the series at the moment. I'm wondering if Bleach is going to show his face, and trample the king - and everyone around him, like he said he would.

Posted by Average n00b

Kenpachi is indeed awsome, I wish he'd show more though. D: I wanna see Berry again too! xD

Y'know..after a while, you tend to forget that Bleach has nothing to do with the anime. xD

*Spoiler..I think?* I laughed my arse off when Grimmjaw punched the living **** out of Ichigo. xDDD

((I suck at typing when there's a spoiler, shut up. xD))

Posted by Ant

I like the dub :(

Posted by S

Quoting Ant: I like the dub :(

Rukia is hoooooorrrrriiiible. She's the main driver in the first few sagas, and she's one of my favorite characters - so it totally just drove me psycho the first few episodes I saw. The voices seem really shallow to me on the dub.

Posted by Average n00b

Eh, I like the voice actors, I give them a lot of credit, I just think their jobs just don't suit them. Blame the cast director for the voices. xD

Yeah, Rukia sounds totally emo. D:

Posted by BelowAverage N00b

Quoting Average n00b: Yeah, Rukia sounds totally emo. D:

Agreed. As for Bleach in general, I'm pretty obsessed you could say. Currently waiting for ch. 281 to come out. I'm dressing up like Arrancar Orihime for a con. coming up pretty soon, and personally I CANNOT wait. =]

Quoting Average n00b on the phone just now.: In like every anime dub, they make the kid with the black hair sound emo. "Ooo, this kid has black hair! Let's make them emo!" *gurggle spit*

Agreed again unfortunately. Though as An00b said, we can't really blame the voice acters.. just the casting directers. And more frequent then not, they mess up the entire anime. D:

Posted by Shadow

I am on Episode 133(Waiting). Yes, your right Lunairetic, the dub does sound horrible, since I have been watching the Sub Version, because the Sub Version sounds more serious the dub, and recently, dub version tries to act more funny, to cover the violence/blood parts. Indeed, they are acting too hard to act funny. So, I recommend people watching Bleach, to start watching the Subtitle Version. You will not be disspointed, but however, there are fillers, which could be a lot annoying, but it's a great show.

Enjoy!

Posted by Unite

I don't even bother giving dubs a chance any more

Posted by Shadow

How did you bring that thought?

Posted by Average n00b

Quoting Shadow: I am on Episode 133(Waiting). Yes, your right Lunairetic, the dub does sound horrible, since I have been watching the Sub Version, because the Sub Version sounds more serious the dub, and recently, dub version tries to act more funny, to cover the violence/blood parts. Indeed, they are acting too hard to act funny. So, I recommend people watching Bleach, to start watching the Subtitle Version. You will not be disspointed, but however, there are fillers, which could be a lot annoying, but it's a great show.

Enjoy!

I skipped the whole Bounto arc. :D

Posted by Shadow

By the way, Episode 133 is out! This Episode is a good filler. so enjoy!

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Shadow: I can't believe this anime haven't been made on this section.

that's because we stopped discussing it when the filler started in Japan, and alot of us stopped watching it, lulz

Posted by Ant

so what are the filler episodes?

it started sometime after ep 60 iirc, was just ichigo and co prancing around in the human world, all i remember is some dancing on fences and no more killing monsters.

Posted by Shadow

Quoting Ant: so what are the filler episodes?

The Bunto Series, (Season 4), Episode 80 - 120, but it still doesn't stop, it goes up to Season 5, but they aren't bad fillers.

Posted by Fate

It's like Naruto. Too many fillers and the story drags on like the merchandise.

Posted by S

Quoting Fate: It's like Naruto. Too many fillers and the story drags on like the merchandise.

Zero filler in manga. Makes it so much better. I can watch the anime after I've read the current chapters and not really care because I know what's going on.

Posted by Shadow

So your saying, In General(in your opinion), Manga is better than Anime?

Posted by S

I'm saying that Manga is less likely to have filler, and in that light it is better. That way you keep up with the story, and manga is always ahead of the anime. The anime is nice for extended fight scenes and some semantics, in reference to bleach it'd be like the semantics of soul society or Hollows that weren't quite explained as well in the manga.

They both have their perks, for just raw story though, manga is better. No filler crap.

Posted by Shadow

Well how do you know the Volume came out in Manga? but in Manga, it hurts your neck to read, do you know what I am saying? unless your the reader type, it wouldn't be that funny.

Posted by S

Quoting Shadow: Well how do you know the Volume came out in Manga? but in Manga, it hurts your neck to read, do you know what I am saying? unless your the reader type, it wouldn't be that funny.

Volume? I don't know what you mean. Of their voices? Text is a good indicator, the translators are very good at what they do.

And as far as neck hurting, that's a pretty bad excuse if you ask me. But I don't even read it in comic-book format, I read it on my computer. Bleach isn't up to date here in America after all, so its fan translated and issued via computer.

Posted by Shadow

Episode 134 is out.

Posted by Average n00b

I hate fillers.

Quoting Shadow: So your saying, In General(in your opinion), Manga is better than Anime?

As far as Bleach is concerned, in my mind, yes; but that's probably because I'm just a bitter weeaboo that hates the dub and filler.

Posted by protomanv4

Quoting Average n00b: Yeah, Rukia sounds totally emo. D:

lol thats true, but I like both sub and dub.

Posted by talentz

I watch It all the time subbed got all the versions on my comp.

Posted by Arcadios

Dunno, never got into it.
Just seems like a loooooong drawn out series like Naruto and One Piece.

Posted by Fate

It's even more drawn out than Naruto. I mean, the manga is long enough for working material, you'd think they'd learn to stop jumping the gun with anime and wait a bit.

Posted by Mystic Hero

The Bleach fillers aren't as bad as the ones in Naruto. The Buntu series wasn't necesarily bad, but I felt it was completely unneeded. Throwing in a random sub story didn't sit too well with me but I dealt with it. The only ones that were a compelte waist were the summer fillers. I mean they could have just taken it off the air for a bit until they got to a reasonable chapter in the manga. If they were smart however, they should end the series right after they kill Aizen or solve that whole ordeal with the King's key. Bleach has a lot of potential to carry on with many different stories, however dragging on an anime for too long will make it seem old and redundant. I don't want it to be DBZ 2x.

Posted by Average n00b

Bounto series was definetely uneeded, I mean I liked it at first but I missed the Soul Society arc and was dying to know when Aizen would finally come back. Now I'm in love with the anime again because I love the Arrancar arc as much as I did with the Soul Society. I would read the manga online but I don't like to download manga, but my friends tell me what happens and it sounds reeeeally fun. So I'm looking foward to it and I hope that it ends after this arc.

Posted by CrystalPain

the Bunto Series was okay...
I like Bleach but I find the support chars are useless (Chad Quincy boy etc)
Well i just finished the Bunto series soo I don't know what to expect afterwards

Posted by Gang Starr

my brother says its ok but i like it

Posted by talentz

I justed started collecting the manga:currently managa vol.1
the manga is okay,It's hooked me on to It and can't wait for the next volumes.

Posted by Average n00b

Have fun! The art actually gets better and better in the manga if you haven't noticed. The faces aren't as pointy.

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]I watched up until Ichigo saved whatsherface and went back to the living world, and then I stopped caring. :3[/COLOR]