Make Future Sound of Music a subforum of Music?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

All right, just throwing this out, but what do people think about making the blog the Future Sound of Music part of the main music board? Why I ask this is because what it offers is a pretty good service to members, that being providing music that you'd otherwise might not be able to find else where. It's popular enough and attracts enough members, but it could probably do a lot more if it were a main board where more people, especially new members, would notice it. Plus, it's not exactly a new concept, many other forums have done something similar. So, what do you think?

Posted by S

Sounds fine to me, that is as long as there isn't any clique-esque type mentality along with it. Blogs sometimes tend to carry that. I doubt it will but just food for thought.

Posted by Alastor

I guess. The request thing is handy.

Posted by Ant

eh, it's only good for that ONE thread though. Otherwise everything else could already apply to the music forum. It would make most sense to move that thread to the main forums, but then the blog would serve no purpose, so that's no gonna happen.

I'll think about it.

Wouldn't it then make sense to not condense it all into one thread? Certain bands or even members can get their own threads in which to upload things. Easier to organize and look for music. It wouldn't be that much different than the main music board, rather instead of having a topic that reads "NIGHTWISH" where you talk about the band, it could be specifically for sharing music of that band.

Posted by Ant

Well, just rename the blog to something along the lines of "Upload Section" and then yeah that would all work peachy.

But the whole point of moving it out of the blogs, and the main point of my first post, was to hopefully attract more members, even new ones, into uploading and sharing music. Because, really, not that many people bother with blogs and it's really the only legitimate one.

bee you emm pee

Posted by Hyper

i'm not big on the idea, considering the whole legality thing. it's obscured enough to stay unnoticed by *******es when confined to a blog but if it's made into a main board any riaa-cock-sucker could be like lol u guys r goin down

not going to happen

Posted by Hyper

i think this one should be more up to jesse, unfortunately :(

well, there goes my idea then

Posted by Xenos

Jesse

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Xenos: Jesse

is my name, don't ware it out!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Alastor