I Hate it When Customers....

Posted by Arcadios

Just finish the sentence for those who are employed.

...ask for an oil change when their car has been running for an hour.

...refuse to pay the inspection fee when their car failed even though they have to pay regardless of the results.

...complain to us that they want thier old, expired inspection sticker returned when we aren't allowed to let them leave the repair shop if it's past the due date.

Posted by Omni

...ask me dumb questions and then complete ignore what I say.

...aren't watching where they're going and hit into me because they're idiots.

...tell me what do do, because I don't work for them.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

...call back after an hour asking if their dog is finished.

...tell me what kind of haircut they want for their dog only to come back later and tell me it's wrong even though I did exactly as they asked.

...don't take their dogs out for a **** before coming in.

Posted by Ant

...give me attitude for not having the shoe they want in stock.

...don't throw trash in the trash can RIGHT next to them.

...eat and leave crumbs all over the f[COLOR="Lime"]u[/COLOR]cking place.

Posted by Klarth

...arcadios is an idiot

Posted by KoH

... Look at me with hurt and angry eyes as if they want to kick my ***.

... Aren't at home when a tech. goes to their house to install cable and then call me up to ***** about how OUR system is the one at fault.

... When they finally realize what they did wrong but insist on complaining about you to upper management for being rude. In actuality, they're just too much of a ****ing child to accept that they were wrong.

I must comment though. I do love it when the customer is incredibly cool and, with a little bit of talking to, admit when they are wrong and apologize. Nothing makes my work day happier.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

... are talking on the ****ING phone when they are supposed to be making their selection.

... tell you that you made their drink wrong.

... come in at the last second right when you are about to close.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Angelwing: ...don't take their dogs out for a **** before coming in.

For one fantastic moment, I wondered vaguely why "walk" was censored.

The only thing I could mention that is broad enough to cover all situations for me is that I hate it when they blame me for crap that's completely not my fault, or when I do make a geniune mistake, they treat me like I'm some kind of jerk/retard/serial rapist/et cetera.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Asking if I can hold some crappy *** game or game system for them.

Yell at me, when we are sold out of some item.

Yell at me, when a product shipment is arriving late.

Yell at me for a sale being over.

Blah blah blah.

And this was all at my last job.

Posted by Fate

[color=skyblue]I've had plenty of customers look at a "buy one get one free" item only to come back with one item. The fact that they grab only one item isn't the annoying part, it's when they come up to me asking if they can get the one item half off. ****.

Then there's people that try to rip you off by playing dumb. I had this old Spanish lady come in with a check that could only be processed if she wrote the exact price of the purchase (most checks you can write over the amount to get cash back, but only up to $25). She had pre-written the check for $100 when she only spent about $72. Since the check couldn't be processed any other way but the exact amount (and even if it could be processed it's still over $25 cash back) we couldn't take it. She only spoke Spanish, and since my Spanish is limited it turned out to be a big argument with my words in ****ing STACCATO about why the check couldn't be processed. Also, she wrote the check in SPANISH. Guess what? The $100 number she wrote wasn't the same as the written number, which said "cien mill

Posted by UncleYaris

[COLOR="Black"]I hate it when they go into my store, open up all of the boxes and fully seeing the display ABOVE the ****ing item, and then shove it back into the boc and buy an unopened one.

drives me up the ****ing wall[/COLOR]

Posted by mis0

I really distest the "know it all" kind of customers we get because they seem to cause more work for everyone (especially the receptionists) and they're liable to start arguments about things. What irratates me about this, is we always give them detailed paperwork for major things and for minor things, a good verbal explanation of what the costs are going to be. People still manage to freak out about stuff, though. Stupid idiot customers, luckily, are actually few and far between. Our customers are for the most part, nice, and intelligent people.

Posted by Kodachi

...think they are special.

That covers pretty much everything other than..

... try to return something at best buy when they bought it at circuit city, have a circuit city bag, and are holding a circuit city receipt, then ask "SO WAIT WHERE IS THIS?" when you tell them it's a circuit city receipt.

It has happened more than 10 times now.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

I hate it when a customer is

...... my cousin that bugs me for fun

Posted by Nihilus

.....Come to us wanting air-ride suspension and aftrewards wonder why the trucks scrapes when they lay it out. Thats pretty much why it's illegal to have your switch box turned on while the vehicle is moving. Hurr!

.....Wants a million dollar paint job on a 1982 Toyota with rust holes, but, "need it done cheap".

.....And of course, when they try to tell me how to do my job.

Posted by Skitzo Control

...use crusty/sticky bills.
...attempt to pay with a check.
...get grab-tastic! Or, in some cases, don't get grab-tastic.
...ask about any "specials."
...complain about the music.
...ask about the job and any (if there are any) benefits.

Posted by Xenos

I don't have any customers per se since I work as a house maid, though I hate it when I finish cleaning the house, and then they make a complete mess out of it in a few days. Oh well, I guess that's why I have a job in the first place.

Posted by junior senior

...don't realize they're on the second floor and ask where the second floor is

Posted by Pit

hate it when customers interrupt me playing mario kart

Posted by S

...customers come in and rant and rave for an hour or more about conspiracy theories they have.

Posted by UncleYaris

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]
And I also hate customers ASKING me if there are any closed boxes. I'm like "your gonna open it when you get home anyways, whats the differnce?"

they **** me off -_-
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Tyler Durden

..call in an order to be ready when they are expected to arrive promptly within the first 20 minutes. Instead, coming in later after 45-or so minutes when their order gets cold. Then ***** at me for telling them so, and eventually cussing them out for being a complete ****ing moron for thinking I'd give a **** to watch the clock and read minds. **** being a cook..

..***** incessantly over me about their order not being ready fast, when I have about 20 other orders to complete. And they see this, still *****ing.. **** being a cook.

..did I mention I'm a cook.

Posted by Omni

What do you do for a living, DTS?

Posted by Fort Shino

...when a customer points to a certain candy, then I ask to verify the right one. They agree and I pull it out and they sass me saying 'Oh no that's not the right one!'

Posted by Trigger

...complain that they should be compensated for their loss, because we placed a barring on their service due to them failing to pay their bill after several warnings and a good leeway of time to pay the bill late with no repercussion.

...complain when we refuse access to the details of an account due to privacy laws because the customer cannot fully identify themselves as the account holder, or have failed to acquire the third-party access we would offer them to use.

...you offer to call a customer back about their problem, and ask if they have an alternative number they can be contacted on other than their affected service. More often than not they will say, "no, I only have and it's not working right now." Okay, so, what are you calling from now then - a Fisher Price Play Phone?

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Trigger: ...complain that they should be compensated for their loss, because we placed a barring on their service due to them failing to pay their bill after several warnings and a good leeway of time to pay the bill late with no repercussion.

Try having them complain that they should be compensated because they (the customer) chose to pay a third party(because our services were xx dollars more ) to do work on their computer and the third party messed their computer up.

There is absolutely no logical connection there, but I've seen it several times.

Posted by Skitzo Control

...tell you you're doing something wrong when it's some simple task that not even the most pee-brained neanderthal couldn't do wrong. "What the hell do you mean I'm mopping wrong? Get head wet, apply to ground, move left, down, right, down, left, down, etc. What more is there to it?"

...inform you of how they used to work here and they "know how things work." I had a customer tell me that he "knows how things work" here, and if anybody messed with is food, he'd "beat them down with a tee-ball bat." I asked him what he did and he said, "I was a cook." Then he laughed and told me about spitting in a bunch of people's food. I said, "Did it ever occur to you that you might be the only person messing with people's food, that YOU were the problem?" He got mad and left. I got to eat his t-bone steak, free of charge, and we called the police and reported his license plate number.:)

Posted by Xero

I hate it when customers complain to me when the bosses are running all around them.

...when they ask me if I work here when I have a bloody uniform.

...come back and bother us for 20 cents.

Posted by Pit

i hate it when customers interrupt my phone conversation with friends. like if they're something.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Omni;613379]What do you do for a living, DTS?
I sit on my ***, play video games, critique noise (music), setup shows (local band gigs), eat, sleep, ****, ****, go to college for a major in Electronics, **** around, **** around with chicks, beer, liquor, beer, more beer, oh wai- I forgot beer. I couldn't lie to you, man.. oh, and on the side I work as a cook in some family owned restaurant. Which I plan on leaving, simply 'cause I'm sick of food altogether. As, dealing with such bull**** has garnered me the sense to evolve into a vegetarian *******.

Posted by Trigger

Quoting Kodachi: Try having them complain that they should be compensated because they (the customer) chose to pay a third party(because our services were xx dollars more ) to do work on their computer and the third party messed their computer up.

There is absolutely no logical connection there, but I've seen it several times.

We get that sort of thing all the time.

Posted by Aesthetic

...buy a NON-REFUNDABLE pre-paid phone card and ask for T-Mobile or some ****, then come back an hour later saying they said Verizon. AND when she asks for the manager, saying she's going to get me in a ****load of trouble, he comes over and verifies that she did, in fact, ask for T-Mobile, whether it was just a blonde moment or not. That makes her walk out the door, all the while muttering **** like, "stupid mother****ing incompetent short ***** can't get my **** right what the **** ****ing stupid-*** companies and their-" *door shuts*

...when it's Senior Discount Day and the 90-year-old lady I'm waiting on asks me to do the discount after already seeing the discounted price, then promptly yelling at me in a very loud, old lady voice, "WHAT, SO YOU'RE SAYING I LOOK LIKE A SENIOR?"

...when it's Senior Discount Day and the oldies come up to the register and very clearly and very loudly state, simply, "SENIOR." no rly but i thought you were a JUNIOR

...when it's Senior Discount Day and they ask if they look old enough to get the discount: "Haha, like I don't look old enough. Of course I look old enough, look at me!" and then they stare me down until I come up with a clever, witty reply that comes off as both respectful and polite, like, "Yeah, look at you." cha-ching

Old people are mean :(

Posted by Iris

...mess up their own orders but blame me or the chef for it.

...don't leave tips even if service and food was fine.

...call at me eventhough I'm working with another table.

...ask how each and every meal taste.

...ask for me to mess with the air conditioning.

...walk out on bills or assume the person they're with would pay.

...ask for different shakers or other condiment dispensers for no good reason.

...ask for a 3 inch stack of napkins.

Posted by Klarth

[quote]
...don't leave tips even if service and food was fine.
Is it not a legal obligation to leave tip in the US?

Posted by Iris

It's not illegal to not leave a tip in the US. Is it illegal anywhere?

Posted by Aesthetic

...give me funny looks when I'm being polite to them. Look, I know this is America and all, but some people are still nice! Sure, it's apart of our job and all that, but this is the third job in a row I've had where I'm the only employee who genuinely tries to please the customer. So sue me

...makes me inflate 24 different colors of latex balloons before going, "I think I'll just go with a mylar."

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Iris: It's not illegal to not leave a tip in the US. Is it illegal anywhere?

Everywhere I've been in South America will stop people from leaving the restaurant if they haven't left a tip. Not sure about over here.

Posted by Death-By-Minnow

... drive away from the drive-through window without everything they ordered, come back 20 minutes later to bitch at us about it, and insist we "make up for our stupidity."

That's from my old job at McD's

Posted by Sable Wind

[quote=netman;623348]Everywhere I've been in South America will stop people from leaving the restaurant if they haven't left a tip. Not sure about over here.

You know, in Europe I've noticed it's typical that either the tip is included, or it's not customary to tip. While in the US we're like "TIP OR DIE >:O"

Posted by Iris

Well, we'll ask if the service could've been better if we notice they didn't leave a tip, but we can't harass them about it. Still, there's always those *******s who leave a penny tip just to spite you.

Granted, people occasionally leave really big tips. Once or twice, I've waited for people who know the manager/owner and had their bills reduced or completely taken off. They tipped like $40 to compensate for it. <3

Posted by KoH

... for one reason or another think that I'm personally at fault because a tech. didn't show up at their house on time to install cable.

... cry and sob on the phone to me because of the above reason.

Posted by Omni

...think the customer always being right goes into realms that make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Those people suck.

Posted by maian

...I tell them the price, and they ask for the price of each product individually, thinking I must have got it wrong. After said price reading, they still think the price is wrong and pay with much disgust.

...Ask for a bigger pretzel.

...Change their order after paying with a credit card.

Posted by Ant

do you give them a bigger pretzel when they ask for it? ;)

Posted by Fate

I hate it when customers change commission quotes. For those of you who don't know, quotes are given to people when they want to buy something and a salesman gives them the price on a barcoded paper. The barcode is proof that this particular salesman gave them the quote so he could get commission. All items are in the barcode and cannot be removed on my computer without canceling the entire quote, which means no commission. In order to fix this, I've got to go through the right channels of people just to get the right version updated on the barcode I was given. This takes time to do and some customers get upset when I have to take time to get the right quote. What a pain.

Also, customers that pay with checks. Yuck.

Posted by S

...someone calls in with an ad/obituary/legal that "needs" to be run in the Thursday paper at 4:30 PM on a Wednesday, when the paper has already been finalized. I love telling them no, half the time, though. Customer service is not part of my job, thank ***.

Posted by Bebop

"Can I have a small popcorn and a small drink please?"
"If you go for the medium combo it actually works out cheaper, so youd be getting more for less?"
"No thats ok. I cant eat that much."

NOT THE POINT!

Posted by Hyper

as a customer, i hate it when people try to up-sell popcorn and drinks at movies. i know what i want, thank you. in fact, as a customer, i pretty much despise it when someone tries to save me money, because they almost always screw up my order. if you're gonna save me some money, great, but don't tell me you're changing around my order, just do it and verify everything is correct with me.

as a cashier, i hate it when people change their order after i've all ready rung it up, or not notify me they wish to pay a different amount than what they've handed me after I've all ready rung it up, even after i've verified the amount they've given me, if they want a small sized order but don't say small until after i've rung it up, complain that the price is higher than it was last time they were here (even when i took their order last time and it was exactly the same), when i say "hi welcome to fazolis I'll be with you in just a moment" for drive-thru customers and they start to order anyway, when they bring messy trays up to the front even though there's piles of messy trays right next to the trash can they just threw their stuff away in, when they don't talk loud or clear enough and wonder why i'm leaning in, when they get the food they ordered, take one bite, and say "i dont like this, i want a refund" when the food is perfectly fine and it comes down to their opinion, when they take matters into their own hands about opening window shades or offering a professional opinion about why the bathroom smells like ****, when people are baffled when i explain they can get a combo as if they don't know what a combo is even though it's advertised on the front of the register and dead center on the big menu in large, illustrated print, when they come in drunk or all ****ed up on something and intentionally make everyone feel uncomfortable, demanding they get something free before they leave, and making huge ****ing messes all over the place.

tl;dr? i ****ing hate most customers.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Hyper: pretty much despise it when someone tries to save me money,

Lol

I hate it when I have to tell kids to behave/shut up out of respect/complaints for other guests because their own parents wont.

Posted by Average n00b

Quoting Iris: It's not illegal to not leave a tip in the US. Is it illegal anywhere?

Actually some people are kinda *****y if a customer doesn't
a) Tip at all
b) Tip enough.

Of course my parents tip and stuff, when I dine with my friends we usually tip aswell. But this one time my friends and I went to this crappy pizza place and left a 5 dollar bill (Three of us including me) When we walked out a chef came out, grabbed onto my friends shoulder and yelled at us for not paying enough of the tip. There were NO signs saying anything about paying a certain amount. D:

--

But yeah, a lot of customers are rude at the dining table. D:

Posted by Fate

I hate it when customers undertip. Good waiters/waitresses baffle me so I don't know how to tip them. I get kind of confused and overtip. As long as it's over 20% for the good ones I feel fine.

Posted by Bebop

Dont beleive in tipping for the sake of tipping. Defeats the whole point of what a tip is supposed to be.

Posted by Fate

You probably didn't understand my post then. "Undertip" would imply that the waiter/waitress deserves a certain amount but you don't even give them that.

Posted by Bebop

It wasnt in direct response to your post. The thread turned to tipping and I put my stance across.

Posted by Aesthetic

I hate it when I'm in training to be a server and the tips I earn are taken by my trainer. :(

it all works out, i suck right now anyway!

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Aesthetic: I hate it when I'm in training to be a server and the tips I earn are taken by my trainer. :(

it all works out, i suck right now anyway!

that's not cool. report your trainer to the manager. unless that's company policy in which case that really sucks :(

Posted by Pit

I hate it when parents leave their kids at my store and ask them if they're still there like if im they're ****ing babysitter

Posted by Fate

My store closes the doors to the store when it's time to close. There's a sign outside that says we close at nine. Some people still have to ask me if we're closed even though the doors are SLAMMING SHUT. Also, since we are closed, I hate it even more when people take their sweet-*** time and shop around when we announce every five minutes after 8:40 that the store will be closing. AND since a group of stupid people decided it was a good idea to walk around with a shopping cart at 8:45 and finish at about the same time we close, they still get angry when they have to wait in line. To further **** me off, new customers decide to pay with checks.

New check processing goes a lot like this at my store, but when it's at this time of night...:
1. Make sure check is good. Which means
2. Everything on the check is written correctly and in English. I have to write down phone numbers and a driver's license on the check. After that
3. I have to put my clerk information in the tiniest writing to say that I verified it. And then
4. I have to call the bank to verify positive check history and funds. But
5. It's ****ing 9:00 in the ****ing PM. There are no banks open. It would appear like only major banks allow merchants to verify funds through the automated teller. Otherwise, it's a no go. So
6. If I'm lucky the funds can be verified. But since people these days like to go to little banks to get little perks and ****, I can't verify funds. So then
7. I have to fill out this large questionnaire about the **** check, including a little checkbox that asks if the funds were verified. We obviously that's a no so
8. It goes through my manager. She has to double-check everything and redo everything I just did for added security. Normally she wouldn't have to but since the circumstances call for it...
9. She calls. Gets the same results. The blame is suddenly shifted onto her when she approves the check in frustration of the line and **** to do. I'm home free! But
10. I've still got to deal with the customer. So now that the check is approved, I have to input the entire DL in my computer so the check can be registered to it. If the check is larger than $500, not unheard of in an electronics store, I have to make a photocopy of the check with the DL. Then I've got to
11. Process the **** check. Slide, update, sign, photocopy, staple. Keep store receipt and hunt for possible rebates. Tell the customer that the process is easier the second time because no verification has to be done. Somehow slip in that we closed half an hour ago. Wish them a mother****ing good night.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

...when I ring people up for beer and they complain that it's expensive when I know we sell at state mininum and have the lowest price around.

...tell me the price of a certain pack of cigarettes is wrong when it's something like Marlboros and I sell it all night long and know how much it is in my sleep, and then when I prove them wrong they tell me how the "other cashier" charged them less last time; apparently oblivious that I'm not "the other cashier".

...go "OMG ur gonna card me?!" when I was to see their I.D. even though we've got the "WE CARD" signs on the door and the counter, then get even MORE upset when I make it very clear than the "cause a scene in the store" approach won't work on me.

...haul their humongous 50 pound purse up onto the counter to dig through and find 67 cents so they don't have to get change while 3 people are behind them in line, then fail to find the change after a good minute or two and tell me to just take it out of the $5.

...tell me "My mom is in the car and can tell you how old I am" when they're very blatantly 15 and trying to get cigarettes, and then when their hick parent comes in and tries to buy it for them I refuse under the condition of an illegal third-party-sale and they have a period right there on my floor.

...come in with no shirt/shoes .

...come in packs of 4 or 5 shady looking teenagers then buy one can of Coke because they were planning to shoplift and didn't count on me leaning over the counter staring at them the whole time.

...try to pay for a bag of Skittles with a credit card.

...ask me which number ticket a selection for the lottery instants is currently on, and when I tell them ""87", they ask if they can have numbers 52, 71, 12 and 25.

...casually hand me a credit card for their $50 in lottery tickets without batting an eye.

...bring their 5 year old kid in while they buy their dirty thirty and carton of cigarettes and then scold the kid for asking if he can get a 25 cent sucker. I usually just give it to them because I feel bad for the kid.

...pump their gas before paying (you're allowed at my station) then sit in their car for 5 minutes before bothering to come in and pay, causing me to write down their plate numbers and put the sheriff's number into the phone with my finger on DIAL as I wait for them to take off.

...ask to come BEHIND THE COUNTER to look at the lottery tickets, because "I don't know what I want unless I see it" even though we've got every ticket listed on the front of the counter.

...get upset when I inform them politely that their kid just pocketed 5 candybars because I'm "accusing them of shoplifting".

...buy a pack of gum, try to pay with a credit card AND ask if they can get $25 cash-back.

...pay for a $5 item in pennies and nickles with a line behind them.

etc etc etc

If you've seen the original Clerks movie, you've got the idea of my workplace.

Posted by Bebop

Wait, you hate it when people put petrol in their tank before paying? What the hell? Thats the order its done in any sane land. How else is it done????? :(:(:(:(:(:(

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Bebop: Wait, you hate it when people put petrol in their tank before paying? What the hell? Thats the order its done in any sane land. How else is it done????? :(:(:(:(:(:(

I've always either prepaid or pay-as-I-pump with a card.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting Bebop: Wait, you hate it when people put petrol in their tank before paying? What the hell? Thats the order its done in any sane land. How else is it done????? :(:(:(:(:(:(

I only hate it when they get in their car and sit there for 5 minutes when they're finished because then I think they're going to take off (have had it happen).

They can easily come pay me and be done with it before taking a nap/listening to the radio/beating off etc.

Forgot to mention; I work in a station with old pumps, so no credit card option out there, sorry.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I hate it when customers hit and run

and call when I send something to the wrong person in a different country, it's not always my fault ;_;

Posted by mis0

I know that here every single gas station requires people to prepay. With large open roads and the fact we only put license plates on the back of our cars, it was really easy to fill up, back out so the plate couldn't be seen, and disappear.

Back on subject... I hate it when the customer tries to make conversation with the cashier and holds up the line. I hate it even more when the cashier actually engages in conversation with the customer and causes more work for the rest of us (me). Retail sucks.

Posted by muffla

i work at an amusement park and i hate it when people dont listen to you, gotta yellat them and eventually kick them off the ride

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting mis0: I hate it even more when the cashier actually engages in conversation with the customer

Sorry.

Posted by The Hate

Buy a bag of doritos, and put it on their credit card.

Posted by Hyper

What's with the credit card hate? Slide it, enter the last 4 digits, the total, and hit enter. That's how it is for me anyway. The hardest part is asking them if they want their receipt, or if it's over $15 for a signature.

Posted by The Hate

No cause the idiots are like, "O what which way do I swipe it."

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting Hyper: What's with the credit card hate? Slide it, enter the last 4 digits, the total, and hit enter. That's how it is for me anyway. The hardest part is asking them if they want their receipt, or if it's over $15 for a signature.

It costs us a small percentage for every transaction, so our machine is set up to reject any processing under $5, anyways.

I have to swipe the card, choose credit/debit, enter the amount, wait for it to print, then have them sign regardless of amount. That's a hassle, albeit a small one, for someone spending a dollar who finds a simple bill or two that inconvenient to carry.

I also sell a lot of lottery tickets at my job and you can't pay for those with plastic anyways.

Posted by The Hate

It is funny when it rejects it cause theres no money on it. I laugh on the inside.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

They always blame it on something else, like "it must've gone through the wash" or something.

Posted by The Hate

I hate it when people pay with lots of ones. Then you have to count it. And they're dumasses cause they miscounted.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Chiaroscuro: They always blame it on something else, like "it must've gone through the wash" or something.

I washed and dried my debit card once. It's not flat anymore (it has a significant curve to it post-dryer) but it still works. I hate it when they say stuff like that. Makes me want to say "NO YOU'RE JUST STUPID AREN'T YOU?"

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

a customer once blamed it on the machines where I used to work, then yelled at me, then made me do it 3 more times, then said I was going to take all their money and that they wanted me to get the manager to do it cause I was too stupid to do it

I was already laughing and grinning, and I got the manager, he said the same thing and the ***** left storming.

Posted by maian

...Order anything. Ever.

...Pay with credit. Ever. It's a slow process, you have to take the card, swipe it, wait five seconds for the "Insert amount" to appear, wait ten more seconds for it to approve and print out, give it to them, make them sign it, take that, wait for the normal receipt to print out, and then give it to them. Meanwhile, cash is "take cash open drawer give change"

The law is, no one pays with credit unless it's a tiny order that would be done so easily with cash, or if there's a giant line behind them.

Posted by mis0

Quoting maian:
...Pay with credit. Ever. It's a slow process, you have to take the card, swipe it, wait five seconds for the "Insert amount" to appear, wait ten more seconds for it to approve and print out, give it to them, make them sign it, take that, wait for the normal receipt to print out, and then give it to them. Meanwhile, cash is "take cash open drawer give change"

The law is, no one pays with credit unless it's a tiny order that would be done so easily with cash, or if there's a giant line behind them.

That's why I hate those new Visa commercials where everything withers and dies when people pay with cash. The check thing, maybe. But cash is so much faster than credit.

Posted by Fate

**** that. Credit is faster than cash. Less dirty, too.

I work in retail. ****er comes in and has to buy a $2300 television with cash. I have to check every bill.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting Fate: **** that. Credit is faster than cash. Less dirty, too.

I work in retail. ****er comes in and has to buy a $2300 television with cash. I have to check every bill.

Point taken with a transaction of that size, but otherwise, a pack of Orbit is not a major purchase.

Posted by GameMiestro

Customers that buy $300 dollars worth of meat and other frozen goods, can't find their wallet at the register, go to their vehicle and can't find it there either, and drive off leaving us with a cart full of food.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting GameMiestro: Customers that buy $300 dollars worth of meat and other frozen goods, can't find their wallet at the register, go to their vehicle and can't find it there either, and drive off leaving us with a cart full of food.

I always get people in the store who don't have enough and have to go out to their car to get it, as if they sat there and precisely counted out an estimate of the total rather than bother to bring the extra 50 cents just in case.

Posted by maian

I see Fate's point.

But in a bloody pretzel place where the line never stops, and purchases are typically $3-$4, credit just sucks. Gawd, why does everyone want a pretzel? :(

Posted by Fate

I worked in the cafe at my job, too. ****ers come in and buy some biscotti and a coffee with a $100 bill.

The card readers are really old. If we get a foreign card (real popular in Texas-- everyone is from South America), we have to do manual entries. Type the card number, retype the last four digits of the card number, type the name of the card, and get a manager to approve it. Since I'm in the cafe, there usually isn't a manger on shift so I have to call a manager from the front to come approve the transaction. By this time the customer says that he'll just pay in cash, but I tell him that we can't cancel the transaction in the middle of the approval stage. We'd have to void the transaction, refund (in 2-3 business days!!!), then ring the items up again. I'm wondering why they didn't just use cash in the beginning.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Read these. This guy feels for you all.

http://btb2.free.fr/indey.html

Posted by Xero

I hate it when customers ask for complicated special coffees that don't follow the usual recipe.

Remembering 50 coffee/frappucino recipies is already hard enough...