Don't try asking for a child train fare if you have a beard.

Posted by Klarth

It doesn't work.

Posted by Lord of Spam

You're just not trying hard enough.

Posted by Klarth

"can you prove that you're under sixteen" he said

"no :("

Posted by Grave Wisdom

you could always try "can you prove i'm NOT 16? GIMME MAH DISCOUNT TRAIN-FAIR, YOU FAGGOTS!""

works every time

...i'd hope :(

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting netman: "can you prove that you're under sixteen" he said

"no :("

You should have said "Yeah, my drivers license says I'm only 12, but I left it at home."

Posted by mis0

Trains suck. Don't use them.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I'd rather take a train, than drive a car actually. Too much traffic, and f**king retarded drivers.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, if you'd said "If I had a license I wouldn't be on the train!" I'm sure he would've let it slide purely out of respect for your wit. Or kicked you in the nuts.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Grave Wisdom: I'd rather take a train, than drive a car actually. Too much traffic, and f**king retarded drivers.

At least in your car people aren't loudly talking on their cell phones, they're not leaving gum and greasy bags of half-eaten fast food on your seats, they're not ****ing on the floor, and there's never the horror moment of "oh my *** what is that thing?!"

That being said, my local train service has got to be one of the cleanest in the world. No trash, no vandalism, relatively few disgusting people. This experience rather reflects on train service in major cities I've visited, especially France, but Chicago wasn't much better and New York wasn't great either. I hate public transportation because I hate the public.

[/rant]

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting mis0: At least in your car people aren't loudly talking on their cell phones, they're not leaving gum and greasy bags of half-eaten fast food on your seats, they're not ****ing on the floor, and there's never the horror moment of "oh my *** what is that thing?!"

That being said, my local train service has got to be one of the cleanest in the world. No trash, no vandalism, relatively few disgusting people. This experience rather reflects on train service in major cities I've visited, especially France, but Chicago wasn't much better and New York wasn't great either. I hate public transportation because I hate the public.

[/rant]

The LIRR is actually really clean, people barely talk because people listen to their iPods or on their laptops and are rarely on their cell phones and since this is NY, of course there is weird people but it's common here. But to me, taking the train is only useful when heading into the city. Otherwise I don't use it

Posted by Klarth

tube has ****ty service sometimes but other than that is aok

Posted by mis0

Yeah I actually liked the Tube. It wasn't nearly as dirty as most metro systems and it fairly efficient. And they Oyster card was so much better than those ******* French metro tickets. You could buy one at the ticket machine and have it not work when you attempt to use it at the turnstyle two feet away. My *** those things were awful. I just resorted to jumping over them after two or three tickets.

Posted by Klarth

French metro was nightmarish. i've only been to paris three times over the course of a decade, but each time I had to take the metro. not fun. not convenient. not comfortable. held onto my bags for dear life.

new york subway also sucked. boring, ugly, cramped, hot, confusing.

moscow metro was ****ing amazing. beautiful stations, charming trains, kind of cramped... architecture was so worth it though.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting netman: new york subway also sucked. boring, ugly, cramped, hot, confusing.

Ditto

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

If you don't have a vehicle and want to get around winnipeg, you take the bus. *** this city is amazing.

Posted by Stalolin

what's a train lol

Posted by Trigger

What's a ticket?

I'm amazed you even attempt to buy a ticket, even after you've decided you can't afford full price. The best thing to do is keep a bunch of your old tickets on you, then when they ask for your ticket you whip them all out and shuffle through them. You finally run out of old tickets and sell them your best "I forgot, I'm genuinely sorry" excuse and act as though you were in a rush, ran for the train that was about to leave and are late enough as it is, and that forgetting to buy a ticket like you normally do is the worst thing in the world that you have forgotten.

I haven't bought a train ticket in about two weeks.