Chris Benoit Has been reported dead

Posted by Screenname

:( RIP Benoit

Posted by Fort Shino

He was one of my favourite wrestlers! When I used to watch it that is.

[quote=ProWrestling.com] As reported moments ago former WWE and WCW champion Chris Benoit and his wife, former WCW and ECW personality Nancy “Women” Benoit were both found dead today in Atlanta, Georgia. The couple has two children but it has not yet been confirmed that they were found dead also.

This is obviously a huge breaking story and we are working as hard as we can to get out news as it becomes available to us.

WWE is currently in a meeting right now as tonight’s RAW will be dedicated in Benoit’s memory.

This is a shock for the entire Internet Wrestling Community as well as the Superstars. May ***’s blessing rest upon all of us this evening.

I wonder why he was killed anyway.

Posted by Roger Smith

Not just him but his family. Pretty sick ****.

Posted by Screenname

He has 2 kids?

Cuz on raw they only show him his wife and one kid

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I no longer have any reason to watch WWE anymore.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

****IT TO HELL!!! :(

One of the best wrestler's ever, and his wife(and possibly kids) just died!!!

WTF HAPPENED?

Posted by Crazy K

I just found out. My brother tuned to raw and noticed a sign on the bottom of the screen. ****. This sucks.

Posted by clearlytheman

it is being investigated as a homicide.

Posted by Xenos

His son was found dead, not sure about the second one.

Posted by WillisGreeny

That's just unbelievable.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

What the **** happened? Not only him but his whole family? Completely unexpected...

Posted by Grave Wisdom

So, do you think this was a targeted murder?

Inside the home, famous, whole family? I'd say so.

Posted by netman

Latest reports have it at a double-murder suicide

which blows my mind

As in Benoit killed his family? I can't believe that...

Posted by netman

Neither can I.

Rumors have it from tests so far that picture him killing them on the weekend, and then himself early monday.

should be an interesting few days once the autopsy gets out

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=21 Hoot Salute;611420]Neither can I.

Rumors have it from tests so far that picture him killing them on the weekend, and then himself early monday.

should be an interesting few days once the autopsy gets out

I just read up on that. I just can't see Benoit killing his wife and son, and then himself. Does Benoit have 2 kids?

Yeah, so wonder what happened to the other kid.

Posted by Crazy K

I guess they only found the 3 bodies, so maybe the other kid could still be alive.

Posted by junior senior

why are all WWE wrestlers dying? :(

Posted by G-Sides

:s people die.

Posted by Linkman

I watched RAW for like 5 minutes before I even had a clue what was going on. Then again, I wasn't really paying attention; just had it on while I was moving stuff around. The show was supposed to a tribute to Vince's whole limo blowing up thing, but apparently they threw all that out after this happened. It's sad, Benoit was one of my favorite wrestlers, and I have very few. :(

As for it being double-murder/suicide, I refuse to believe that. I can't think of a single possible motive the guy would have had to do that. Autopsies are Thursday I think. Hopefully that gives answers.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

roid rage kicked in....

anyone remember when stone cold broke into brian pillmans house?? hint hint

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Jamie425/1182853155706.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.vgchat.com/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Jamie425/1182853155706.jpg%5B/IMG%5D[/IMG]

Posted by Grave Wisdom

X, that was absolutely tasteless. Frankly, i'm shocked!!!

...or not lol.

Posted by Fate

He didn't even go out with a bang like Eddie. Jeez. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Fate;611527][COLOR=skyblue]He didn't even go out with a bang like Eddie. Jeez.[/COLOR] :(

Killing your family isn't enough?

JEEZ YOUR STANDARDS ARE HIGH :mad:

Posted by Klarth

didn't eddie die while brushing his teeth or something

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=netman;611567]didn't eddie die while brushing his teeth or something

Yup. He was found on the floor with the toothbrush in his mouth. But he died of acute heart failure.

I just found out that Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son, and then hung himself. Wow I can't believe this happened. [URL="http://blogs.usatoday.com/sportsscope/2007/06/benoit-tragedy.html?csp=34"]More info[/URL]

Posted by clearlytheman

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yeah, so wonder what happened to the other kid.

He had 2 other children from a previous relationship not living with him.

Posted by Arcadios

WHO'S NEXT?

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=Arcadios;611646][COLOR=gold][SIZE=+10]WHO'S NEXT?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hopefully John Cena.

Posted by Arcadios

lol goldberg reference

But yea, I haven't been keeping up with WWE as of late but I dislike John Cena.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

John Cena was a much better heel, since he was so easy to hate! But I can't believe Benoit did what he supposedly did :(

wtf set him off to that point? Stress, drugs, or what?

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting clearlytheman: He had 2 other children from a previous relationship not living with him.

They did it.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Grave Wisdom: John Cena was a much better heel, since he was so easy to hate! But I can't believe Benoit did what he supposedly did :(

wtf set him off to that point? Stress, drugs, or what?

News said that his wife filed for divorce back in 2003, if I recall correctly.
Could have easily been that and they may have had a custody war with their 7 year old kid.

Posted by clearlytheman

http://tinyurl.com/28lxbw

here is an update with the absolute latest info

Posted by WackoHater2

I hate these types of things because you never know who did what and why. At least if someone else killed them all the police could catch them and get the truth out of them. We'll never know for sure what happened and that sucks.

WWE forums were raided. I kinda lol'd.

Posted by Ant

If only they made some sort of public service announcement about smothering your children...OH WAIT...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OClhuzy6d2o

Posted by Random

Quoting Linkman: I watched RAW for like 5 minutes before I even had a clue what was going on. Then again, I wasn't really paying attention; just had it on while I was moving stuff around. The show was supposed to a tribute to Vince's whole limo blowing up thing, but apparently they threw all that out after this happened. It's sad, Benoit was one of my favorite wrestlers, and I have very few. :(

As for it being double-murder/suicide, I refuse to believe that. I can't think of a single possible motive the guy would have had to do that. Autopsies are Thursday I think. Hopefully that gives answers.

Aye.. I was at my girlfriends house, and usually she controls the tv, so I didn't get to check out much Raw. When I flicked it, I saw Triple H talking and it said RIP Benoit. I thought it had to be some sort of a joke, that he was taking time off. Then when they said his wife, son and he himself were dead, I assumed it was a traffic accident.

I too refuse to believe he did this. I'm not saying its not possible but it wasn't roid rage. If you check WWE.com they list reasons why they don't believe it was roid rage and it makes sense for the most part. Once again not saying its not possible, I just doubt he did that. I strongly believe someone else murdered them, and was very slick in doing so. I think it was a well thought out plot that have completely tricked authorities.

I've been a wrestling fan since I was 5. Granted I didn't see Benoit til years after that, he was always one of my favorite wrestlers. Up there with the likes of Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle. Benoit was my favorite WCW wrestler for a few years, then when he went to the WWF/WWE I was psyched. I always felt he deserved more than he got. I honestly wished he was a World Champion more often than not. I would have given anything to see him champ for aslong as John Cena's been champ. Its frusterating to see him go from World Heavyweight Champion, to Smackdown U.S. Champion overnight. All because he had little mic skills. Whatever happend to actual wrestling?? Why have great superstars like Benoit, HBK, Sting, Booker T, and so many others been pushed aside for ******* losers such as John Cena, or Batista.. Batista doesn't know much about wrestling history to begin with, and John Cena DOESNT EVEN TECHNICALLY WRESTLE..

Sorry... RIP Benoit! RIP!

I just liked RAW last night for Vince saying "the storyline was supposed to be about my character's death" because after watching wrestling for most of my life... that's just ****ed up to hear. I can't remember the last time they openly talked about "storylines" or "characters" even though everyone knows it's all just a TV show.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Random: I too refuse to believe he did this. I'm not saying its not possible but it wasn't roid rage. If you check WWE.com they list reasons why they don't believe it was roid rage and it makes sense for the most part. Once again not saying its not possible, I just doubt he did that. I strongly believe someone else murdered them, and was very slick in doing so. I think it was a well thought out plot that have completely tricked authorities.

LOL

Yeah, this isn't some sort of conspiracy. It's weird to believe, but **** happens, people snap.

Posted by Nihilus

So Vince came out on RAW. Talk about a wasted couple weeks.

I'm not real sure why everyone is so suprised. We knew Chris Benoit as the "Canadian Crippler", not as the real Benoit. Vince proves that by acting dead for a couple weeks and then getting on TV and talking about it after he heard of this. The people we see on RAW are CHARACTERS. We have no clue what Benoit was like outside the ring. For all we know he is a drunken pedo. I too liked Chris Benoit and would like to think he wouldn't do something like this, but, who knows. There doesn't seem to be any evidence he didn't do it.
I guess we will know more in the coming weeks, I'm personnaly interested to see what was in his system at the time. Prolly a little roid ragin'.

Posted by Arcadios

wait...wrestling is fake? :eek:

Posted by Random

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yeah, this isn't some sort of conspiracy. It's weird to believe, but **** happens, people snap.

I know, and perhaps he did. I guess i'm just trying to clinch to any other possible findings..

Posted by Nihilus

I heard today on PTI that he was injecting his 7 year old with steroids. Dude was obviously deranged.

Posted by Screenname

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287194,00.html

Web Time Stamps Indicate Nancy Benoit's Death Reported on Web at Least 13 Hours Before Police Found Bodies in Her Home
Thursday, June 28, 2007

By Blane Bachelor

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
AP

Chris Benoit
An anonymous user operating a computer traced to Stamford, Conn.

THE PLOT THICKENS

Posted by Fate

So the question is who in the WWE knew about the murders before the police did? If Benoit was in Georgia it obviously wasn't him. He either told someone after she died and that person decided to Wiki it without telling police or a third party was involved. :(

...Or Benoit has a router to Connecticut.

Posted by Crazy K

Now I'm starting to believe it was a set up or something. Like someone was crafty enough to make it look like a murder/suicide. Unless someone helped him.

[quote=Elric;612364]I heard today on PTI that he was injecting his 7 year old with steroids. Dude was obviously deranged.

How much? Because some people have to take steroids for medical reasons.

Posted by Nihilus

I'm not sure, they just said that tracks were found on the little boy.

Posted by Fate

The little boy was apparently born with a hormone deficiency or mental disorder. My guess is that the track marks were from hormone injections.

Posted by clearlytheman

Daniel had Fragile X Syndrome a form of mental retardation and nobody knew about it outside of the immediate family, the week leading up to the murders Chris and Nancy were arguing over care for Daniel and where to send him to school and Nancy wanted chris to stay home more. The tracks were from growth hormones as they thought Daniel was undersized.

Nope, nuh-uh. It's steroids because it was ROID RAGE, and Beniot wanted father like son!

Posted by clearlytheman

http://tinyurl.com/2gbwcy

Bruce Hart calls benoit a dilusional juice freak who couldn't separate his onscreen persona from his life outside of wrestling.

http://tinyurl.com/2ecat7

Here is a photo of Chris Benoit taken at his doctors office by a fan just hours before he wen't home and brutally murdered his family.

Posted by Pit

Chris Benoit Crippler crossfaced hs wife and son, and then himself.

Posted by Red

Quoting Pit: Chris Benoit Crippler crossfaced hs wife and son, and then himself.

I don't know if I should laugh or say..."too soon"

Posted by clearlytheman

Quoting Pit: Chris Benoit Crippler crossfaced hs wife and son, and then himself.

all that was ever said was he bound Nancies hands and feet and strangled her with a chord. As for daniel he was strangled in his bed perhaps with a wrestling hold that is unknown for sure.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=clearlytheman;613362]all that was ever said was he bound Nancies hands and feet and strangled her with a chord. As for daniel he was strangled in his bed perhaps with a wrestling hold that is unknown for sure.

Hahahaha, oh wow.

Posted by Ant

I actually found a very touching tribute to Chris on youtube. Goodnight, sweet prince.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYuGgo3jSSA

Posted by clearlytheman

The DEA has raided Chris Benoits doctors office for a second time and his mothers and are on their way to a third location, gee I wonder if they think the doctor is somewhat responsible.

WAIT, he ****ing killed his family with a submission move? Oh Jesus, he is now my hero. That's the most badass thing I've heard all year.

Posted by Crazy K

He wanted to play wrestling with his family.

Posted by Arcadios

[quote]all that was ever said was he bound Nancies hands and feet and strangled her with a chord. As for daniel he was strangled in his bed perhaps with a wrestling hold that is unknown for sure.

Oh lawd, He should go down in the WWE Hall of Fame for that.

Posted by WackoHater2

They'll put him in the WWE Hall of Fame. Guaranteed. He'll probably also be on WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2008 as a Legend.

Posted by Ant

only in the wwe could you murder your family and still be loved by all your fans.

Posted by Crazy K

It was a triple threat last man standing match.

[quote=Panic;614219]They'll put him in the WWE Hall of Fame. Guaranteed. He'll probably also be on WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2008 as a Legend.

I highly doubt it. Since the WWE does not want anything to do with him. he's nowhere to be seen on WWE.com. Plus after hearing the details of the deaths McMahon did not want to speak of Benoit. There still may be a chance for him on the next WWE SD game as a legend, but it's highly unlikely.

Posted by WackoHater2

I guess we'll just see when it comes out. I mean, personally I wouldn't put him in the Hall of Fame or the game, period. Whether it be as a legend or a normal wrestler. That's just my opinion.

His finisher should be jumping into the crowd and putting the crossface on a little kid.

Posted by Bebop

The only thing worse than a dead wrestler, is an alive one.

Posted by Ant

And the only thing worse than an alive wrestler is an UNDEAD WRESTLER.

Posted by Nihilus

Where do bad people go when they die,
they don't go to heaven where the angels fly,
they go to a lake of fire and fry,
see em again on the 4th of July.

Posted by WackoHater2

They go into a hole in the ground, just like good people.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Ant;613396]I actually found a very touching tribute to Chris on youtube. Goodnight, sweet prince.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYuGgo3jSSA[/URL]
I don't know whether to laugh, or put you in the Crippler Crossface for that video.. srsly. Rick Astley?