Live Free or Die Hard

Posted by Crazy K

Anyone going to see it? I actually might because I'm in the mood to see something in theaters.

Posted by S

Yep. I'll be going to see it opening night. Bruce Willis is my favorite actor when it comes to action films.

Posted by Dexter

Whoa! You're talking about Live Free or Die Hard, which is the fourth installment. Die Hard with a Vengence was the third installment, which was, so far, my favorite Die Hard film.

And of course I'm going to see it. Fun action.

Posted by Roger Smith

HANS GRUBER'S BROTHER LOL.

I will most definitely see this movie.

Posted by Bebop

It's called Die Hard 4.0 over here :c

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

HEY LOOK YOU JUST HIT A HELICOPTER WITH A CAR

A film that has to point out the awesome gets an apprehensive stare from me. :(

Posted by Corrupt

Of course I'm going to see this movie, if only for Bruce Willis alone.

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=Dexter;610843]Whoa! You're talking about Live Free or Die Hard, which is the fourth installment. Die Hard with a Vengence was the third installment, which was, so far, my favorite Die Hard film.

And of course I'm going to see it. Fun action.

Yikes! My bad.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

This movie looks awesome. Retarded, but awesome in a "over-the-top everything" kinda way. Perfect theater movie.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

It looks good, gonna take my friend Julie to go see it tomorrow

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Bruce Willis is a meat-head soccer dad! :(

That said, I enjoyed the earlier Die Hard films. Not expecting much from the new one, but I may see it.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting The X: HEY LOOK YOU JUST HIT A HELICOPTER WITH A CAR

A film that has to point out the awesome gets an apprehensive stare from me. :(

Except thats not what it was doing at all.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Tiptoegecko: It looks good, gonna take my friend Julie to go see it tomorrow

yes i am going to go see this movie with my friend [GIRL'S NAME]

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting netman: yes i am going to go see this movie with my friend [GIRL'S NAME]

That sucks, you don't have a girl to go see it with

Posted by UncleYaris

looks good, looks really good.
his last movie that i watched was 13 blocks, hopefully it will be much better.

16 Blocks*

Personally, I just want to see this movie for the fighter jet scene.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

was the other movies of die hard involve fighter jets on the ground

definetily GTA video game inspired, you could tell

Quoted post: was the other movies of die hard involve fighter jets on the ground

definetily GTA video game inspired, you could tell

What? And no.

Posted by UncleYaris

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: 16 Blocks*

[COLOR="Yellow"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]my bad

i really wanna see the helicopter sequence, when the car rams into it. the action in it looks awsome[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Ilikefluff

drive,explosions,action,more explosions,GREATNESS, more drive with a bunch of bullets ..

Posted by S

Fucking... own. I am SO glad I saw that movie.

And his daughter is hot.

Posted by Crazy K

I'm hoping to see it this Friday.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Is Ashton Kutcher the villan?

Now that would be an interesting movie.

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=WillisGreeny;612801]Is Ashton Kutcher the villan?

Now that would be an interesting movie.

No and No.

Posted by Ilikefluff

never,ever mess with another mans computer,HAHAH,, HACKERS RULE!! I just got back from it, i havent watched the other 3 but this one is good, what would be the next thing from good? bruce is an old man but can kick some arse

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, good film. I didn't realize they were aiming for a PG-13 rating until I started watching it and noticed the cut-down on profanity. It was a lot cuter than the other 3 films, almost feeling like a family film at times. Good, fun stuff, though. Maybe the best of them all. I liked what it was exploring and it seemed to explore it decently.

Posted by s0ul

Aw hell yeah. One of the best action movies I've ever seen. One of the only action movies that actually has an appropriate amount of action. Every time that I got bored something exploded within like 2 seconds.

Posted by Stalolin

Man, as contrived as that movie was, it was a ****ing amazing action movie. There was nothing that Bruce Willis didn't do, and there wasn't a single villian that didn't die in some epic way. And hell, this movie had it all in terms of villains: kung-fu Asian women, mindless henchmen, vengeful traitors, and a hybrid spider-human.

Bruce Willis still got beat up plenty and bled about half of the population's supply of blood over Washington D.C. (which is a running theme with Die Hard, Bruce Willis always has to lose more blood than humanly possible).

And Christ, the amount of things destroyed by Willis in this movie is fantastic; about ten million cars, a helicopter, a fighter plane, and a devious villain's plot.

if you don't go see this movie and enjoy it, you're queer

Posted by muffla

didnt get to see it yet. does the pg 13 rating cripple it at all form the last ones?

No. He just swears less. But it's the best Die Hard since, and equal to, the original.

Posted by Fate

Does he say "yippee-ki-yay mother****er" anywhere? :(

Posted by S

Quoting Fate: Does he say "yippee-ki-yay mother****er" anywhere? :(

Once but not where the commercials show him saying it. And he doesn't finish his other line that he had in the commercial either.

Something along the lines of:
"I'm going to kill him and get my daughter. Or I'm going to get my daughter and kill him. Or I'll kill ALL of them."

He only says the first part and the last part in a separate scene.

Posted by fates warning

I saw it in the theater it was pretty good.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Stalolin: and a hybrid spider-human.

He was a parkourist!

Posted by S

Quoting Dexter: He was a parkourist!

Jesus I forgot about that. First thing that came to mind when I saw that guy flying around was you Dexter. And that's creepy, I have to say. Thinking of VGC in real life is not something I do often.

Posted by Ilikefluff

it was a good movie all around, i thought there could of been just a little more action and a little more explostion than them trying to explain everything, he does swear but i think it was pg-13 because it didn't have him in bed with the asian chick,more sex higher rating.

This movie was good until I saw Transformers.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: No. He just swears less. But it's the best Die Hard since, and equal to, the original.

HA HA HA HA

In order of Awesomeness

Die Hard 3
Die Hard
Die Hard 4
Die Hard 2

The fact that you put three in front of the original and 2 in last place makes the post null and void.

Posted by Bebop

Well 3 is the best so naturally it comes first. 2 is the worst in the series, although still a good film, so it obviously comes last. Youre failure to not come to this conclusion by yourself make me think you are a girl. Do you wear dresses?

Haha, that's cute. You really do have the worst taste in, well, just about everything it seems. Quite an amazing feat.

Posted by Bebop

Child who loves Alien VS Predator questions my taste in films? Lol kk

Better than Die Hard 3.

Posted by Crazy K

Great film. The action made the whole film worthwhile.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Better than Die Hard 3.

If it wasnt for the fact you loved Alien VS Predator I would have taken your outrageous claim that 4.0 was better than Vengence seriously.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting muffla: didnt get to see it yet. does the pg 13 rating cripple it at all form the last ones?

In a way, yes.

I mean, getting a "Yippie Ki-yay, Motherf*cker" in a PG-13 movie that is already full of realistic violence is kinda tough.

There is much less swearing, and the deaths aren't shown as graphically as they are in the first 3.

But all in all, I liked it. John McClaine is still a bad-ass. He still does all the funny, quirky stuff that you can expect from him, like the sarcasm, and the talking to himself thing. He also taunts and teases his enemies as often as he gets the chance, another thing that the character is known for. The film is full of situations in which the character would die for sure, but he manages to survive by thinking quickly and getting very lucky. I'm pretty sure that no one could react as quickly as he does, but technically, it could be done. It just wouldn't.

And that's what makes the first 3 DH movies so awesome. This one keeps up in the tradition. Well worth seeing.

Posted by Bebop

The plot was outdated. Hackers are a 90s thing and a step back for the series. It also wasnt as intelligent as previous Die Hards.
The threat never actually seemed that big. The hostage situation in the first was more tense and actually felt more threatening. I liked the bad guys sarcastic attitude but he wasnt that menacing. The most he did was a hollow threat about killing McClanes daughter. As for John himself it didnt feel like the whole "right man wrong situation" affair. He just got up and did it. I didnt like how they did that. Also it crossed the line from far-fetched to stupid. As awesome as the fighter jet bit was I think it stepped over the boundry. It also ascended Willis's character from awesome bad-*** to ***. I didnt think flying helicopters and crashing them with cars was in his capabilites. As great as the explosions were.

All in all its still a good action film. It's still McClan kicking *** but it comes across as more of a parody of the series than a worthy installment. Id love them to do another one but unfortunately "Live Free", despite all its goodness, its 10 years too late.