Video Gears of Chat

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Let's get it on! VGC-based Gears match, anyone?

Posted by Roger Smith

I WOULD BUT NAZO HAS MY 360:mad2:

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

IT'S ON

Posted by Dexter

Give me the time. How about 3 or 4 hours from now?

Posted by Oneon

Probably tonight for me.

Posted by cool gamer dad

On right now, probably for 5+ hours. :3

Four or five hours sound awwight to me. GETTIN ON RIGHT NOW YEAH

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

4 or 5 hours from now? That's around 4AM/5AM for me. :(

lol, I would, but I don't want to drive tomorrow morning with no sleep. :(

You shoulda got on a bit ago. You would've at least got to play with me and stinger

Posted by cool gamer dad

I ****ing hate that ***** at right rappel.

Why did you post Gears in the Rainbow Six thread and Rainbow Six in the Gears thread?

HEY I'M CATS, AND I'M GOING TO QUIT BECAUSE I SUCK. WAAAA RIGHT REPEL BAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

Posted by cool gamer dad

idk, but I was reading the Rainbow Six thread: Since when did you use the 6x Scope?

Since I realised the ACOG was ****. It just took me a few games to get used to.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

6x is good but it's annoying if someone gets close and you're all like ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM UNZOOM. :(

Posted by Fate

****it, I just moved. Our stuff doesn't come in until later. I can't play. :(

Posted by cool gamer dad

I've learned not to use the scope unless I absolutely have to... like, if they're half-way across the map, or shooting from a well covered area. The non-scoped crosshairs work perfectly.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

****er my 360 is broken, I wanna play : (

Quoted post: 6x is good but it's annoying if someone gets close and you're all like ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM UNZOOM.

6x is only a ***** when you accidentally click your scope. In that case, you're pretty much ****ed.

Quoted post: The non-scoped crosshairs work perfectly.

True. I find they work better than the scope in quite a few situations. The less noticeable recoil alone is worth it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Plus, regular crosshairs have the enemy color change, which is awesome for tackling people who are camouflaged, or are hiding in Smoke or Tear Gas. :cool:

Camo never works in Rainbow, and smoke and gas is pretty useless with thermals. But yeah, the crosshairs are handy for someone on the other side of an incendiary.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Incendiaries are ****ing beautiful on thermal.

They're all right, now tons of motions sensors with thermals is ****ing beautiful. Plus, if you can pile enough on a wall and walk into the massive beam, you can control the lag in the match. You can even completely crash a game if you want or stop the attackers from scoring.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Smoke is good for covering your long distance movement. I remember in a 4v4 clan match, the other team smoked back door, so when I spawned in Keno I could only shoot into the smoke hoping I hit one.

edit: Rainbow Six, anyone?

Oh yeah. I forget about that tactic because barely anyone uses it. They just smoke elevators or the main lobby like ****ing idiots.

Posted by cool gamer dad

The main lobby smoke worked well. They weren't carrying smokes the whole game. Once they had the package, someone just spawning or someone on the roof would start smoking the main lobby.

But smoking the elevators? Nah.

Smoking the main room doesn't work, wtf? All they're doing is smoking fast-ropes, and your thermals can see from one fast-rope to any of the others. It's a pretty poor tactic.

Posted by cool gamer dad

In the case where I spawned at Keno to catch the guy running out back door, it did. I'm not talking about smoking the fast ropes.

Oh, that's what I meant. Smoking line of sight between Keno and back door is like smoking keno or the back door itself., so there's not much difference.

Posted by cool gamer dad

If they smoke Keno, you could just walk through the smoke and see back door clearly.

Yeah, but all they need is a few seconds and that gives it to them. Plus, if they were smart they'd throw one outside of keno, one close to main lobby and one in main lobby. That's a lot of smoke to walk through.

Posted by Fate

I'm back, mother****ers.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WOOOO YEAH BRING IT ON SUCKAS DIS MY KINDA ****

LETS DO IT GUYS

Posted by Fate

So long as you're prepared to get owned. You'd be lucky to be on my team. :)

You talk big, but I bet you're **** just like every other girl that plays Gears. Stinger and I will wreck you **** with math.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i just got an erection

When are we doing this?

Posted by Fate

Hoho, I have been challenged. It's on. I can't today because it's my anniversary (<3) but it will be on tomorrow. :mad:

Be prepared to hear lots of HOST, HOST ADVANTAGE HOOOOST.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I don't care. I just want to hear everyone's voices. :D

Speaking of which, you sound so less british than I thought you would :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'm not as eloquent as Wings sadly. :(

Yeah, I was expecting a thicker accent than Wings', alas, it was barely even an accent at all :(

Posted by Fate

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Be prepared to hear lots of HOST, HOST ADVANTAGE HOOOOST.

But... I'm the best host. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

So, who's involved, anyway?

Posted by Fate

Me and Vamp if he gets off his faggy Rainbow.

Quoted post: Me and Vamp if he gets off his faggy Rainbow.

Actually, I was looking to join your game, but I couldn't. I'm guessing you only play ranked or something?

Posted by Fate

WTF OF COURSE

Player matches don't mean **** and I'm a stats whore. But I'll do a few player matches if anyone ever gets on. like, jesus where was everyone

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I hate ranked matches because they don't let me play with my friends. :(

Quoted post: I hate ranked matches because they don't let me play with my friends.

It's pretty easy to find your friends in ranked matches... though i couldn't find Fate's game for some reason. Though personally I don't care for ranks and stats. I honestly don't like Gears that much and I only play it because of how terrible it is. Which makes it pretty awesome.

Posted by Fate

I'll be on Live today, but just to be online. If there's enough people online you guys can hit me up with a message and I'll get it started up.

Posted by cool gamer dad

This is never going to work.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WE NEED TIMES AND DATES PEOPLE, TIMES AND DATES

Posted by Fate

Hmm. We'll make the meeting times between 6:00PM until 12:00AM Central. That way everyone can play. Brits will have to pitch in their own time schedule to fit out here. Anybody want to adjust times?

Actually, that sounds about right. I can probably go as early as 4 PM central depending on the day.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I can be on in about two hours. Oh, btw, I'm getting a new connection. 3 megs up and down. Beastly?

Quoted post: I can be on in about two hours. Oh, btw, I'm getting a new connection. 3 megs up and down. Beastly?

Don't you already have a meg of upload and it does **** all? We'll see if it's beastly or not.

Posted by cool gamer dad

It's fine when the players are somewhat nearby... you just live in Canada. They're installing it today! Maybe I'll even be in green ping.

Yeah, true. Not only that, but all the way over on the other side of the continent. Though 3 megs of upload should be pretty good even over the distance.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Well, I'm on right now, but I'm playing R6. My team always sucks. ;_;

Did you try hosting? if so, how'd it go?

Posted by cool gamer dad

yeah... actually, they're installing it today in about five hours. I have to watch them to make sure they do it rite. >:(

k, five hours from now you're hosting some vidya games

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

DO IT STINGER, I'M IN! :D

Posted by cool gamer dad

lol, are you sure about that?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Definitely 10:45pm my time, I'll be there! Believe it! :D