Mp3

Posted by Captain Falcon

Im having a lot of trouble trying to download mp3's on to my psp. The instrucion sucks and doesnt say anything useful for it. If you know how, or have any info can u plz tell me?

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

Well, first off, you don't download the mp3s on to you're PSP. you have to upload them from you're computer by using either a memory stick reader in you're computer, or the USB cable. Then it's basically drag and drop the mp3s into you're PSP folder which should show up on you're desktop if you have the stick or the cable hooked up.

Posted by Boner

If you use the USB method, you need to create a folder within the "PSP" folder on your memory card that is titled "music" in either upper or lower case letters. Once you have that, simply copy and paste your MP3 files to that folder. If you title the folder anything other than "music", the PSP will be unable to locate the song files. Also, the songs MUST BE in MP3 format. Oh, and don't use quotation marks in the name of the folder :P

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

Can't they be A-track too? since thats Sony's proprietary music format? (I don't know what I'm talking about :P)

Posted by Captain Falcon

how do i create a psp folder on my memory stick? And what happens if i format my memory stick?

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

I think that's how you make the folder, format the memory stick. I think I'm wrong but it's just a wild guess. And if you go to Format Memory Stick in the settings menu, you'll see that when you click it, it say's "Doing this will earase all memory on the memory stick, Continue?" ? I guess you have to get a new memory stick.

Posted by Pit

Don't format your memory stick. When you get the USB cord go to "My Computer" and something should pop up under "Devices with removable storage". Go in there and do what you have to do.

Posted by Night Owl

well how do you put movies on it?

Posted by Boner

Quoting Night Owl: well how do you put movies on it?

If you buy a USB cable for it, it should include some sort of software that reformats .mpeg files so that the PSP can read them. After that is done, you can transfer the files to you PSP. My USB cable also came with software for the PS2. I have not messed with that yet. But, I'm guessing it enables me to transfer PS2 game saves on my PSP. I could then transfer those files to my PC to store them or send them to people if I so desire.

Posted by Pit

Wait, no, nevermind. Format the memory stick on your PSP but don't format it on your PC. If you have any other memory stick other than the one that says PSP (ie, SanDisk: anyone) then go to the toolbox icon on your PSP and format it there.

Now, you have the USB cable. Connect it to your PSP and PC and go to the tool box icon again and press USB Connection. From there open up the file on your PC labeled PSP and create a new file, "Music". Drag and drop your mp3's and atrac (whatever it's called) files.

Open and shut case Johnson.

Posted by Night Owl

i got mp3's and photos and I put a video on the card and its not working, and i just bought a 256 mb card. what do i do?

Posted by Boner

Quoting Night Owl: i got mp3's and photos and I put a video on the card and its not working, and i just bought a 256 mb card. what do i do?

If you have followed the instructions that Pit and myself have provided, then everything should work A-O-K. In the unlikely event that your memory card is bad, you will need to exchange it for a new one. If you can save games on it, then the memory card works just fine. Therefor, you need to retrace your steps or start from scratch.

I'm done giving tech support on this. If nobody can figure this out between the provided information here, and what is in the instruction booklet, then you should just stick to playing games on the thing.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Night Owl: well how do you put movies on it?

Get a client like iPSP or PSP9 or whatever. That is what I have done.

Posted by Night Owl

thank you so much! now i got movies!