flight of the conchords on HBO is GOOD

Posted by G-Sides

win win win win. best shit i've seen in a while.
http://www.hbo.com/conchords/video/index.html
on the right, there's a spot to click "complete first episode" and that's where your as
s is gonna wanna be.
if you have HBO, watch this show, you will <3 it.

edit: it's about two musicians in the lower east side who basically just try to get through life, become successful, gain fans (at this point in time they only have one fan, a married woman named mel who is completely obsessed with them), meet women, etc... each episode is laced with approximately 3 songs which are really the highlight of each episode because they're fckng hilarious. they tie into the plot quite nicely, too.
etc etc watch the videos

Posted by Crazy K

I seen previews for the show, but sadly I don't have HBO. So I will have to wait until I get HBO again.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's on the movie channels for me and I've been meaning to check this out. I remember seeing them on Just for Laughs (comedy festival) about two or three years ago, so when I saw the previews which basically tie right into their act, I lol'd pretty hard.

Posted by G-Sides

they're good good good 8-) their HBO one night stand special is so boss.

BTW NEW EPISODE TONIGHT AFTER ENTOURAGE =-O EVERYONE WATCH IT WHO HAS HBO

Reminder set. WOOOOOOOO

Posted by nich

These dudes are so awesome. Oh, why don't I have HBO, or anything above basic cable? WHY

Yeah, they're easily two of the funniest characters on TV at the moment.

Posted by Corrupt

A few of my friends have been badgering me to watch this series for some time now, and since I have HBO On Demand, I'll watch a few episodes later tonight. I just hope they'll live up to all the praise they've been receiving.

Wasn't last night's the second episode?

Posted by G-Sides

yessir :s i can't wait for the next one though, one of my favorite songs is gonna be on it 8-) THINK ABOUT IT, THINK THINK ABOUT IT

Posted by G-Sides

HEY DID ANYONE WATCH THE NEW ONE TONIGHT =-O FUKKEN BRILLIANT

YES

Seriously, I rarely laugh that hard at a TV show. The whole "dead/did" part had me boling. *** I love this show.

Posted by Burn

Really like this show too. I've been telling my mates about it. Love tbothof thier deadpan style of humor.

Posted by G-Sides

HEY I MISSED THE EPISODE FROM LAST SUNDAY :( HOW WAS IT

I caught the last half... and the last half was ****ing hilarious. It was "Yoko" in which Bret meets a girl who does absolutely nothing, yet, somehow still breaks up the band.

Posted by ElroyJetson

"Business Time" is a great moment in comedic history..

****, I missed it. Last week's too.

Posted by G-Sides

dude **** it was one of the best ones.. bret gets visited by david bowie in his dreams (by david bowie i mean jemaine dressed up as david bowie during his stardust and labyrinth phases) and hilarity ensues etc etc i don't want to spoil it :mad: but it was funny ****it, try to catch it like tonight or tomorrow night

Yeah, I caught a repeat of it. Oh gees, seeing David Bowie hit a table on the way out had me laughing so hard. Also, last night's episode confirms that Murray might just be the most funny characters in any series I can remember. I so need to buy the DVD when it comes out.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Wait, these retards got their own show?

I saw a few clips and I haven't seen anything this un-funny and stupid since Friends.

how could you not find this stuff funny? You must suck in real life.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: how could you not find this stuff funny? You must suck in real life.

I do not understand in the least bit how you can find it funny. Seriously, please explain whats so funny about these guys. I sat there waiting for something funny to happen, and I didn't even chuckle, I was f*cking bored to death.

guess it depends on your preference of humour.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Tiptoegecko: I do not understand in the least bit how you can find it funny. Seriously, please explain whats so funny about these guys. I sat there waiting for something funny to happen, and I didn't even chuckle, I was f*cking bored to death.

situational humor. Just watching those two guys interact had me in stiches. It's FUNNY!!! The awkwardness, their train of thoughts/facial expressions, and the overall likeability of the characters makes it funny. Well, that's just my 2 cent analysis. I guess some people need to hear a punch line, or have a fall guy, to find something funny.

Posted by G-Sides

and anyway tiptoe, you're 15 and kind of stupid so i guess it's understandable that you don't like it :s stick to anime if fotc is too much for you to handle.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting WillisGreeny: situational humor. Just watching those two guys interact had me in stiches. It's FUNNY!!! The awkwardness, their train of thoughts/facial expressions, and the overall likeability of the characters makes it funny. Well, that's just my 2 cent analysis. I guess some people need to hear a punch line, or have a fall guy, to find something funny.

I didn't know 2 idiots from New Zealand living in NYC was funny. You must be a fan of Friends, because that would explain alot.

Quoting G-Sides: and anyway tiptoe, you're 15 and kind of stupid so i guess it's understandable that you don't like it :s stick to anime if fotc is too much for you to handle.

Yea, age doesnt matter here. I know people 25+ who think this show is retarded. Because it is retarded! :O

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Tiptoegecko: I didn't know 2 idiots from New Zealand living in NYC was funny. You must be a fan of Friends, because that would explain alot.

...Ok, umm, first off: Don't ever draw up conclusions this off base again if you ever want to be respected.

1: NYPD blue, CSI New york, and Friends are all now the same show according to your logic, since all they need is the same setting

2: "Friends" had laughter sound bites and punch lines, Conchords uses situational humour which you're too young to understand (obviously).

3: Who are these 25+ friends of yours?

You obivously hated friends, good for you to be so un-mainstream...whoopy. My preference is Friends was ok, not great, and saying I liked Friends is a big stretch.

There's really no parallels between this show and friends :(

Posted by nich

Thank the lord for youtube. This show is actually the funniest thing I've seen since Mighty Boosh, maybe funnier. What was it, ep. 4 where Jermaine got the sandwich in the face? Yeah, that scene was ****ing hilarious.

Posted by Crazy K

I finally got to see the show. I watched most of the episodes on HBO demand, and wow did I laugh. It's my new favorite show. :)

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, I finally got myself to watch the first episode via the same method as Crazy K earlier today, and I'm really glad I did. I'll follow up with all the subsequent episodes in the coming days. I almost consider it the "Spinal Tap" of the new generation.

"BINARY SOLO! ONEONEZEROZEROONEONEZEROZEROZEROONEONEONEZEROZERO"

Posted by Crazy K

I already viewed all of the episodes. I keep re-watching them. :)

Posted by Al Borland

Maaaaaaaaan I wish I didn't get rid of HBO after the Sopranos now. From what I've seen on Youtube this is some funny ****. Very reminiscent of the old Tenacious D show on HBO back when they were funny

Posted by G-Sides

IT'S ON WATCH IT

Posted by Crazy K

Watched it. Can't say it was my favorite episode, but I can't complain because I did laugh.

1:30 it is. I always miss the first time it's on :(

Posted by G-Sides

well there's large talk of it possibly getting cancelled... HBO just canned john from cincinatti and according to them, fotc's fate is "up in the air" :\ cross your fingers.

Posted by Crazy K

I hope they don't cancel the show. If they do cancel it by any chance, then they better release a season 1 DVD.

All the good shows get canceled. So I wouldn't be surprised.

ARRESTED DEVELOPMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENT!!!

Posted by WillisGreeny

Only 3 more shows left for this season :(

Quoting G-Sides: well there's large talk of it possibly getting cancelled... HBO just canned john from cincinatti and according to them, fotc's fate is "up in the air" :\ cross your fingers.

but, John from cincinatti was really really dumb! surely they won't think fotc is as bad as John from Cincinatti. They're not like Fox, are they?

Posted by Crazy K

I got my FotC t-shirt today. It doesn't fit. :(

Posted by G-Sides

AHAHA, **** YES!

HBO has renewed its comedies "Entourage" and "Flight of the Conchords," lending a measure of stability to a lineup that's in a little bit of flux.

The two shows, which air back-to-back on Sunday nights, are poised to end their current seasons -- the fourth for "Entourage" and the first for "Conchords" -- on Sept. 2. HBO says they'll be back with new episodes sometime next year.

"'Entourage' is a full-fledged cultural phenomenon, and 'Flight of the Conchords' has quickly become a show to watch," HBO Entertainment president Carolyn Strauss says. "I'm delighted that we'll be bringing new seasons of these distinctive series to our subscribers."

An Emmy nominee for best comedy series, "Entourage" has seen its ratings grow steadily over the course of its life. Debut airings now average about 3 million viewers a week (encores and on-demand viewing push that number up). The season's remaining episodes will deal with Eric (Kevin Connolly), Vince (Adrian Grenier) et al taking their movie "Medellin" to Cannes and trying to get a new project off the ground with impossibly difficult director Billy Walsh (Rhys Coiro).

"Flight of the Conchords," which stars Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement as a New Zealand folk-rock band taking New York not especially by storm, has become a cult show this summer. Though it draws only a million or so viewers on its initial airing, it's earned a lot of critical praise, and clips from the show and the duo's live performances are big draws on YouTube.

Sub Pop records released a Conchords EP titled "The Distant Future" earlier this month and will follow up with a full-length album in January.

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=G-Sides;646758]Sub Pop records released a Conchords EP titled "The Distant Future" earlier this month and will follow up with a full-length album in January.

I thought the full-length album was being released in October?

Posted by G-Sides

wrongz, i've heard from various sources that it's in jan

Posted by Crazy K

****, I was really hoping to get the CD this October. I guess I'll have to wait for January. :(