DS Can Only Go So Far?

Posted by Proto Man

I was just thinking, after Lite, what future is there for DS? The only thing it has going for it is the dual screens. Yes, they did release Lite, they were aesthetic changes though. So do you think Nintendo will try to make major upgrades and release a NEW DS system? Or will they jump back over and make a GameBoy?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Stick with the DS. It's prints money, you know.

Posted by muffla

im not sure i think they could keep the same design but make it a little better on the hands and have better guts (chips).f however i do think that the phantom hourglass looks AMAZING for a nintendo hanheld

Posted by Speedfreak

Flash memory to store virtual console titles, updatable firmware and creations in any kind of program that might need it. Nintendo could easily take the handheld PC market with this system.

Posted by WillisGreeny

There's no way Nintendo would go back to just the gameboy, the DS is their #1 best seller right now, even out selling major consoles last time I checked (March). It's makeing the PsP have a run for its money. Going back to the gameboy design would be backwards thinking from a sales perspective. They'll either make a new Gameboy and a DS, or only stick with DS. I'm betting that they will just stick with the DS because it's not smart to rival your own handheld consoles.

Posted by Sharpie

Nintendo is going to wait until it's DS sales and DS lite sales slow down by quite a bit before doing anything new. This is what they did with the original DS and they're kind of doing it with the DS lite with the whole opera browser thing. Otherwise, I think the virtual console stuff is a good idea, but I think it needs some new games and maybe some more wii-ds compatible games.

Posted by Oneon

If I'm not mistaking they are starting to give the DS the ability to be a remote for the Wii, right?