Blow

Posted by Near

So a friend of mine let me borrow her copy of Blow by Bruce Porter, so props to her cause this book kicked ***. I must say I loved the movie, but generally your books tend to be a little more accurate, and I must say, they missed the nail on the head quite a few times in the movie. Actually when I got done with the book, I could clearly see that there are huge differences between the movie and book everywhere you look.

Oh well, no big deal. The movie is still good, but much like any other time, the book was much better than the movie. We go into a lot more detail dealing with George Jung's life, his child hood, and more about his parents and other members of his family. So the book kind of turned him into a real person as opposed to the movie. Yes I know he is real, and everything he did really happend, but what I am sayin is I seem a bit more in tune with who George Jung was after reading the book.

Anyways, I would be willing to recomend this book to any of my friends who enjoyed the movie, or who have any interest in drugs at all. I'm not saying you have to be a drug addict to enjoy this, I am just saying some knowledge or interest in them may help you appreciate the piece a little bit more.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wouldn't read the book, not my type. Though, the movie was great, if only for Johnny Depp.

Posted by Fort Shino

I may go buy the book since I love the movie. It was one of Johnny Depp's greatest performances.