Save and Restore VS. Ghost

Posted by Proto Man

Has anyone had any experience with Norton Save and Restore? What I want to know is, should I buy that, or buy Norton Ghost? If Save and Restore can clone a whole hard drive and make an image like Ghost can, then I can just buy the cheaper Save and Restore.

Thanks.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I hate Norton's products with a ****ing passion. Don't buy either.

Posted by Omni

Did you check the official product website before posting here? I'm sure the features are listed on that site.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

How about you don't support Norton until they stop being ****ty?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting The X: I hate Norton's products with a ****ing passion. Don't buy either.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: How about you don't support Norton until they stop being ****ty?

Yes yes, I agree that MOST of them are bad, mainly Norton Security Suite. But I do like Norton Ghost, I've used it both at Vo-tech and school. It is the one rare good program out of the Norton Products IMO.

Anyways, I don't want bias, I want answers please.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Proto Man: Anyways, I don't want bias, I want answers please.

How do I shot official websites? Here's what I found in one easy click:

[quote=Norton Symantec Official Website]# Backs up everything on your computer—digital photos, family videos, key financial records, essential computer system files, and other data—in one easy step.
# File and folder back up lets you choose specific files and folders to save, rather than an entire drive.
# Protects all files of a certain type (such as photos or documents) by finding and backing up the exact file types you indicate.
# Backs up to almost any media, including CDR/RW and DVD+-R/RW drives, USB and FireWire

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Omni:

Those are the Save and Restore features.

Yes, I saw that, (YES I DO LOOK AT WEBSITES) but those are generic features. It doesn't really tell me what differences there are, or if they both clone a hard drive and make an image.

Posted by Omni

[quote=STFU POTATO OFFICIAL SITE IS SERIOUS BUSINESS]# Backs up everything on your computer—digital photos, family videos, key financial records, essential computer system files, and other data—in one easy step.

Or maybe you can't read. The software is built off the same ideas as Ghost.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Omni: Or maybe you can't read. The software is built off the same ideas as Ghost.

Backing up can mean anything. I suppose it COULD mean cloning a drive, but then they should just say so. Backing up is to vague. Yes it's built off of the same ideas, but that doesn't mean it actually does the same thing. It could be a lesser version, and then not have the feature I want.

Posted by Omni

It's described the same exact way on the site for Ghost, so it's probably the same exact thing. Stop being annoying.

Posted by KoH

You know, Omni... If you can't find the answer on the official website, just don't bother responding. It's irritating seeing someone get ****ed at someone else when it's obvious they don't know what the **** they're talking about.

No offense, but your bull****ting gets you only so far. And I've no patience for people who add insult to injury by first bull****ting someone asking a legit question and then insulting them by calling them 'annoying.' Especially when it's not me or a friend bull****ting someone in jest. The only reason you find Proto annoying in this case is because you can't find the answer on the internet and are just plain not smart enough to already know it.

'Backup and Restore' and Ghost are two different things. I'd go into detail, but I'm afraid Omni might call me annoying for showing up his ignorance.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting KoH: 'Backup and Restore' and Ghost are two different things.

Thank you KoH! At least someone can give a straight answer. Problem solved.

Posted by Trigger

I would suggest sticking with Norton Ghost if it's something that you want to use which is a Norton product. Out of all the products I have used that Norton have developed, Ghost has seemingly been the best and most stable to use out of all of them. That and it doesn't rely on Windows at all. Mind you, I have seen it have its share of hardships - when Norton decides not to work, it decides not to work good!