Kekko Kamen

Posted by boomstick

[Quote=Wikipedia]Kekkō Kamen (けっこう仮面, Kekkō Kamen?) is an adult rated manga and anime series from Japanese creator Go Nagai. The series tells about the misadventures of a student named Takahashi Mayumi who is attending a boarding school run by sexual predators. The school is called "Toenail of Satan's Spartan Institute of Higher Education". The teachers are constantly looking for ways to torture or humiliate the students, and from this the teachers derive some sexual satisfaction. Takahashi's only protection is from a mysterious figure known as Kekkō Kamen.

Kekkō Kamen is a female superhero whose costume consists solely of red boots, red gloves and a red mask with long red bunny-ear trailers. Her fighting style is graceful, and her finishing move involves her driving the opponent to the ground with a flying headscissors takedown which presses her groin into the victim's face.

Kekkō Kamen is a parody of hentai, as well as of the classic Japanese superhero, Moonlight Mask (the name, especially, is a pun of Moonlight Mask's Japanese name, "Gekkō Kamen"). As well as the similarity in name, each is a character whose true identity is never given away, and each episode ends with amusing songs. These songs are sometimes written by Nagai.

When I first heard about this I had to say I lol'd, it just sounded so odd and perverted at the same time, anyway, has anyone seen it and is it worth watching just for a laugh or two?

Posted by Dexter

This looks amusing. I put them on my Netflix list and should get to them this week or next week. I'll definitely share my thoughts then.

Posted by boomstick

I don't think Netflix has it, apparently some people consider it in the hentai category, which is odd since the live action movies are on Netflix

Posted by Dexter

Netflix does have them or at least four of them and it looks like they are all film-length. I've already added them to my list in proper order. I was surprised they had them though. They are kinda known for having a good list of anime titles.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Dexter: Netflix does have them or at least four of them and it looks like they are all film-length. I've already added them to my list in proper order. I was surprised they had them though. They are kinda known for having a good list of anime titles.

Yeah, those our the live action movies, they don't have the anime