Klarth 4 Mod Again '07?

Posted by Alastor

So, yeah, Klarth's expressed an interest in modding again. He says he'd like to take Kodachi's place, since she's hardly even around anymore. I asked him if he was serious about it, since he's kind of been joking around with it during the whole Dexter fiasco, and he said he was.

Waitforyour***: yeah she has all the OT boards
Waitforyour***: and she hasn't been on for a long long time
Waitforyour***: she's been posting like once a month

I asked him if there were any other boards he had in mind, and he said he'd like having Intro, as well. Even with the little escapade that he's brought on recently, I think he's capable enough. He was a highly capable moderator for two years. If he's serious, and he seems to be, I don't see what it could hurt. He's good at regulating stuff, and he kept his boards clean in the past. He'd certainly be more helpful than Kodachi if she's only showing up once or twice a month.

So yar, vote.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'd say no, not this soon after "quitting VGC" and going on a troll-spree. Though I have a feeling most people are going to be for modding Klarth, but whatever. Someone else can take Kod's mod spot.

Posted by S

I'd say no. These past few months, he's been nothing but a nuisance and troll. I'll admit he's had his good posts but the spam isn't really excusable. Plus, he's said it himself, when he gets back to Europe, he probably won't come back here often at all.

Let's not not reward his behavior, and not give a mod spot to someone who isn't even a full-time member, temporary at best.

Posted by Iris

He'd do a better job than Kodachi, but it'd still not be great. He said himself he's going to be busy with all the traveling he does and probably won't have time. Maybe once things settle down for him.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Lunairetic: to someone who isn't even a full-time member, temporary at best.

Time spent on board: 2 month 0 week 2 day

Doesn't seem very temporary to me. I do agree with him being away, though. His travels and whatnot. Modding him later is really what I'm in favor of, especially in light of all of this recent drama, but I wouldn't say that he isn't a full-time member. Even during all of his travels, he still comes here and posts pretty often.

...Granted, quite a few of those posts are just, "Demod Dexter." :/

Posted by S

Quoting Alastor: Join Date: Sep 2003
Time spent on board: 2 month 0 week 2 day

Doesn't seem very temporary to me. I do agree with him being away, though. His travels and whatnot. Modding him later is really what I'm in favor of, especially in light of all of this recent drama, but I wouldn't say that he isn't a full-time member. Even during all of his travels, he still comes here and posts pretty often.

...Granted, quite a few of those posts are just, "Demod Dexter." :/

I've been searching for the post the past few minutes but I can't seem to find it under all the crap that was posted yesterday in the threads concerning the matter, but Klarth said he will be less active when he is back in Europe. Which means, as of now he may be active but it is temporary.

EDIT:

Quoting Klarth: I'm actually fairly ambivalent about the whole thing because once I return to Europe I probably won't be around VGC much again.

whatevs

Here we go.

Posted by Alastor

The Dan Slice: what say you to that :s
silvershadelynx: yeah that is somewhat accurate
silvershadelynx: say that we should revisit this matter in several months

Wow. Not like him to surrender so easily. Thread rendered null, apparently. Looks like he jumped the gun in asking for it and I jumped the gun in making it. Oh well, in a few months, maybe.

Posted by Ant

that.was.fast.

Posted by Iris

Actually, that's exactly what I was talking to some one else about on AIM. A few months is a good time. Maybe when school starts up again and this drama rolls over. Xenos will be getting slightly busier with school, so it wouldn't hurt for Klarth to take Kodachi's place at about that time.

No offense to Kodachi or anything. She's just completely inactive.

Posted by Xenos

Eh, I am pretty ambivalent towards moderator positions. I just got back so what's best for the boards isn't to my knowledge. I'll pass voting on this one.

Posted by Fate

I've got no problems with Klarth, but he doesn't have my vote. He knows as well as I do that he wouldn't really mod=moderate, seeing as how a lot of the fun would be taken away if he were to face deleting posts that stray a coversation or something. He's a little split-happy. Mods here know that splitting side conversations in threads often just leads to a thread being discontinued and the split thread being composed of flaming or spamming. While splitting threads to solve a problem sounds good on paper, it won't work. But whoa, I'm going on a tangent there.

Like I said, I've got no problems with Klarth, but being a mod isn't a right just because you've been here for x amount of years. But seeing as he didn't do anything really bad, I guess a second chance is in order. A little soon after the trolling, don't you think?

Posted by Alastor

...No.

Should've seen this coming. Starts all this drama, gets people on his side, then starts trolling again.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, it's pretty cute isn't it?

And by cute I mean annoying.

Posted by Hyper

he doesn't have the time for it and isn't interested in VGC nearly enough, why mod him? though if he ever does decide to come back for good and gets back to being funny AND decent, put he, netman and i on the same super mod ballot so we can rawk

Posted by Ant

lol favoritism.

Posted by Hyper

i just voted no, how is that favoritism

Posted by Ant

I'm gonna be blunt when I say I don't feel like explaining myself.

Posted by Kodachi

Where is the "Don't let him mod, but kill Kodachi" option?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Nice poll results!! :D:D:D:D Who wants to give him da bad news!!! :D:D:D:D:D