Saw Fantastic Four (some spoilers)

Posted by Roger Smith

It was alright. The only thing holding the movie together was Torch and the Surfer, which didn't get near enough camera time as he should have. Also, this film didn't emphasize teamwork as much as the original did. And Galactus' appearance was epic if not a little disappointing. Dr Doom's pretty unimportant role was also a let down aside from the part when he gained cosmic powers. He even got himself a new costume and was killed off relatively quickly and would seem he won't show up in any future FF movies. Not that this movie showed anyway.

All in all, it was an ok movie, though I think I liked the original better. But, I can't complain much since I got in free so w00t.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

RIIIIIIIIIIICHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDS!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: And Galactus' appearance was epic if not a little disappointing

Stopped reading right here. Well, actually I scanned the post until I saw mention of Galactus.

HE'S A ****ING CLOUD. Seriously, **** this movie. I mean, with all the success superhero movies are seeing, not just from ticket sales, but also from being great movies, you'd think Fantastic Four could also get it right. But nope, they can't. Twice in a row.

Posted by Bebop

A big cloud would look better on screen than some dude in a pink hat.

Someone explain to me why Silver Surfer can kill Galactus by explodingl but he doenst die himself.

Quoted post: A big cloud would look better on screen than some dude in a pink hat.

They could've easily made the classic Galactus image fit. I mean, it's a movie that features a guy in a rubbery suit that's supposed to look like rocks.

Posted by Bebop

An enoumours bloke stolling through the universe would have looked stupid. Works much better, for both fans of the comics (all 6 of them) and the average movie goer, that its presented as a natural force.

Except Fantastic Four has a huge following. Especially the Silver Surfer. Then again... I don't think fans expect much from the movies anymore.

Posted by Bebop

Point still remains a giant guy would look dumb. Just like Wolverine dressed head to toe in yellow and blue spandex would have looked gay on film.

Besides the cloud has alot of Galactus bits in it. You see his face in the flames and his helmet shape leaves a shadow on saturn.

Except this is a movie about a guy in a rubber suit, a guy who is rubber, and a girl who is easily the worst blond I've ever seen. Oh, and a silver guy who rides a surf board. Galactus, done right, easily fits in to everything else.

Posted by Bebop

I take it you havent seen the film then....

Good *** no. I've already heard and seen enough.

Posted by Bebop

Then you cant say a giant flamboyent man floating through space and munching on planets like apples would be better on film than the awesome cloud-like entity of destructions thats in the film. Let your ego slid and trust in the fact that the film version is everywhere better for the silver (surfer) screen than the comic book version.

I wouldn't trust any judgments the director and writers make after the first film. There's been multiple versions of Galactus that would've been much better than a cloud and, as I said, fit the film fine. He's not exactly a "flamboyant man" who eats planets like "apples" anyways.

Hell, even Gah Lak Tus would've been better than a cloud.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Gah Lak Tus isn't all that bad an idea. Just sucked in execution.

I won't be seeing this film, anyway. Never been a Fantastic Four fan.

Quoted post: Gah Lak Tus isn't all that bad an idea. Just sucked in execution.

The whole ultimate series was kinda disappointing and Gah Lak Tus followed suit. But you're right, the idea wasn't bad, it was just weird to see and read. Either way, I think that idea would've been better suited for the silver screen, rather than a cloud.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The Ultimates, and Ultimate Spider-Man, are worth reading. The rest is a cluster**** of epic proportions. Ultimate Fantastic Four has its moments, but it's the Fantastic Four. So there's a limit to how enjoyable they can be.

Yeah, but it's Fantastic Four with Silver Surfer which is usually always enjoyable... but they manged to **** it up somehow. Usually most main stories featuring the Silver Surfer and Galactus manage to be some of the better and most important stories. But ugh. Shame.

And actually, I really didn't enjoy Ultimate Spider-Man. The Venom storyline, for example, seemed pretty weak.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Whenever the FF deal with intergalactic stuff, it gets pretty fun. But apart from that, I really can't stand their powers.

Ultimate Spidey is pretty good. The storyline where Jean Grey switches Peter and Wolverine's minds, and then Wolverine ends up ****ing Mary-Jane, is awesomesauce.

Quoted post: Whenever the FF deal with intergalactic stuff, it gets pretty fun. But apart from that, I really can't stand their powers.

Yeah, I'll agree. My only good memories of FF is when they deal with Silver Surfer or anything connected to the Surfer's story.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;605279]Yeah, I'll agree. My only good memories of FF is when they deal with Silver Surfer or anything connected to the Surfer's story.

Check out the 90s Silver Surfer series. It's pretty much the Surfer VS Thanos, no Fantastic Four up in his grill. Only 13 episodes long though. :(

Oh boy, trust me, I read pretty much all of that. Mostly anything to do with Thanos actually.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I wouldn't trust any judgments the director and writers make after the first film. There's been multiple versions of Galactus that would've been much better than a cloud and, as I said, fit the film fine. He's not exactly a "flamboyant man" who eats planets like "apples" anyways.

Hell, even Gah Lak Tus would've been better than a cloud.

He's not so much a cloud. Hes a bad *** mother ****ing destrion natural Al bom **** cock force. I was against the idea of a "cloud" Galactus but youll change view once you see how they executed him in this form.
Quoted post:

Doubt it, because he's a ****ing cloud. Also, the original movie was one of the worst movies ever made, and apparently this one is only a bit better.

But seriously, no more discussion about the new movie. It's about Surfer comics now.

Posted by Bebop

You make it sound as if he's a gentle cloud formation heading towards Earth. This Galactus cloud has teeth and arms and a ******* fire face for Pete's sake. Stop being a comic cry baby and see it before you flame it. You're worse than those Tranformers fanboys.

Quoted post: This Galactus cloud has teeth and arms and a ******* fire face for Pete's sake

Wait, wait, wait. How is a ****ing cloud with arms, a face, and teeth any less stupid than a giant guy with a pink hat? ****, this movie gets dumber and dumber.

Posted by Bebop

I would explain better, or you could lurk moar on the internet and find a ****ing picture.

Posted by Roger Smith

Galactus doesn't have a set form. He appears identical to the race that sees him. Like the people on earth view him as a humanoid. But lol I don't want view him as a cloud of death! I wanna see him in his classic form, I mean they did a CGI render of him from Marvel Ultimate Alliance after all. But the explosion was pretty cool at the end.

Also regarding Surfer, I belive that he still had some cosmic powers left after the explosion, but I don't see how as he gave up a fraction of it to heal Sue, then it seemed he used the rest to blow up Galactus.

But they did it on purpose, because now I hear there will be a Sliver Surfer spin off sometime in the future.

Quoted post: I would explain better, or you could lurk moar on the internet and find a ****ing picture.

You've explained enough. Now I'm definitely not seeing this movie. A ****ing cloud with teeth... wow.

Anywho, Surfer is practically immortal. He can change an entire planet's ecosystem with very little trouble, so healing Sue really shouldn't had that big of an effect. Also, if they killed off Galactus... this movie is worse than I thought. Comics get.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You can't ****ing kill Galactus. Universe imbalance much?

You can kill him. But hence the whole Eternity thing. Which was easily one of the greatest moments in comics ever.

Posted by Roger Smith

Well, when Surfer healed Sue, you can see his silver coating starting to tarnish.

And the only time Galactus can be beaten is when he's weak and starving. Which is why every time he threatens Earth he loses cuz he's too weak lol.

Quoted post: Well, when Surfer healed Sue, you can see his silver coating starting to tarnish.

That's because the movie is ****ing stupid.

Posted by Roger Smith

I think it was a nod towards the comic, becuase in Requiem Reed discovered that Surfer had some kind of illness. Reed finds out that Surfer's silver coating is deteriorating and he only has a month or so to live.

Doubt it. Barely anything else resembles the comics.

Posted by Roger Smith

Well, that's just my way of thinking anyway.

Posted by Stalolin

christ

went to see this with a whole bunch of friends yesterday night and right as SPOILARS [spoiler]Silver Surfer kills Galactus I just yelled "WHAT", prompting laughter from my friends of course.[/spoiler] SPOILARS END

the cloud galactus was pretty cool, but it still would have been cooler to have this:

[IMG]http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/1421/375pxgalac553dt2.png[/IMG]

With the right stuff, you can make anything look terrifying and epic.

Also, Stan Lee's part in the movie was great. He was more interactive than he's been in most of the Marvel movies.

Posted by Bebop

For fans not of the comic a man coming to eat a planet would have been stupid. Christ even for fans of the comic the idea of a guy eating planets is stupid.

Better than a cloud with teeth!

Posted by Xero

I saw the movie yesterday, but never read the comics. I don't know how different the movie is from the original Silver Surfer story.

I wish they would've shown what happened to Dr Doom after he fell into the water.

The overall movie was short and I wish I could've seen more from the Silver Surfer. He was weak throughout half the movie. The only awesome thing he did was destroying Galactus.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Stalolin:
[IMG]http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/1421/375pxgalac553dt2.png[/IMG]

IS THAT THE DEATH STAR ABOVE GALACTUS?

Posted by boomstick

Saw it last night, thought it sucked, but then again I'm not a bog FF fan and I really don't know much about the Silver Surfer, though I did enjoy what I saw of him in the movie. Overall, better then the first, but that's not saying anything.

Posted by Roger Smith

If you read up on the comics a little, you'll enjoy it more. The Silver Surfer alone is worth knowing all about.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Roger Smith: If you read up on the comics a little, you'll enjoy it more. The Silver Surfer alone is worth knowing all about.

I've tried to, but I've just never been able to get into the FF stuff, though I never read any of the cosmic stuff like Surfer

Posted by Roger Smith

Well, give the Surfer a chance at least. He's a very cool character, and reading about him will prolly lead you to other past heralds of Galactus.

Posted by G-Sides

he IS a cloud in the film but they do pay homage to the giant form of him in a few scenes by showing the outline or whatever of the big purple form

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x296/Divine_Stryph/Galactus02.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x296/Divine_Stryph/Galactus.jpg

Posted by Roger Smith

Bah! Do not want clouds resembling feared universal tyrant, WANT FEARED UNIVERSAL TYRANT, RESEMBLING FEARED UNIVERSAL TYRANT!

If they're going to do that why not, you know, make the ****ing Galactus everyone knows and loves?

Posted by Roger Smith

I agree.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Xero: The only awesome thing he did was destroying Galactus.

Which was stupid.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

doug jones as silver surfer was the reason i saw the movie...

who is he!?

abe from hell boy/el fauno, the pale man from pan's labyrinth