Demod/Downmod Dexter?

Posted by Linkman

This whole thing almost inevitable. Complaint after complaint, and not just in the Board Help, Suggestions, Complaint forum, but on AIM too. Pretty much all that needs to be has been already, so I'll leave it that. I'm copying this to the community board so non-mods can have their say too. Vote away!

Posted by Alastor

Demote. I think Dexter's smart enough to take a hint if he gets demoted. If it goes through and he keeps acting up on NES, SNES, and Music, demod entirely.

Posted by S

No "Do not demod/demote" option, eh? This is more serious than I first thought then, or at least being taken more seriously. I probably would have voted for a demote had the option been there anyway but just making note. I vote demote. He's a strong member, and did his job well before this incident so I don't see why we can't still trust in him a little. He's earned that much, I'd wager.

Posted by Alastor

I think it's more or less just to shut everyone up. People are ****ed, so action should probably be taken. If we had a, "Leave him super mod" option, chances are, even if Dexter shaped up, SOMEONE would find SOMETHING to whine about.

Guess that's kind of a moot point, though, since someone's always complaining about something here.

Posted by Dexter

I just wish those threads by Klarth I physically removed were still around so other mods and super mods could see what a good job I did.

There's a lot of other complaints going around that have nothing to do with me, but since my name's on Klarth's threads, I'm getting associated with everything going wrong on VGC. Not cool, peoples.

Or did I totally miss something?

Posted by Stalolin

everyone bows to the will of klarth, dex.

Also, a few things he says and does can be seen as contradictory (he's said that vgc is a small time video game forum, and really didn't need anything done to improve it, but here he's pushing for Dex's removal as to benefit the site). I know he's a troll sometimes as well, but I'm still fond of the guy despite what he does (*** knows why).

The points he's made are conclusive, and at this point he's made it impossible for you not to at least get docked from the Super Mod position. You're better off without it, from what I've seen everyone lashes out at one thing for Super Mods, whereas regular mods don't get in as much trouble.

also, i'd like to vote not to put another super mod in his place

Posted by Dexter

I do get the feeling that if I got on AIM more I would have more friends on my side. Or at least get the opportunity to tell my side of the story and explain some details. Klarth may act like a fool here, but on AIM he's all normal, and I think members forget the difference.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wait, what is this all over other than Klarth *****ing about a couple threads about sawhorses being deleted?

edit: oh I see. Based on Klarth's latest thread and the first point he made, I'd say a "downmod" is in order. I actually kinda remember it to. But honestly, I think this is being blown way out of proportion. But given the two options, the lesser is the one I'd pick.

Posted by Dexter

These options suck hardcore.

Wait, those are the only two options right? Because I'd vote "don't care" otherwise.

Posted by S

I noticed Klarth being a total *** the past few months, especially more so than when he was a mod. So in his direction, I'm being lenient. But his other points still stand, and should probably be addressed. Editting people's posts to the point of harassment? Unacceptable.Totally derailing a thread in jest is fine on occasion, but then cannoning it into the wrong forum because of that derailment? It actually seemed a little too exact in method, like you planned it.

This may be blown out of proportion, but if anything you need to give an explanation and recieve a warning. Obviously you see that your position is in jeopardy, so people do mean business.

Posted by Dexter

Oh yeah, and to explain the moving of that thread into romance. I actually meant to do that only for a few minutes to show a member named Thumbelina, but then I totally forgot to move it back to its proper place. Even after going back in there, I didn't even notice that it was still in romance.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Dexter: Oh yeah, and to explain the moving of that thread into romance. I actually meant to do that only for a few minutes to show a member named Thumbelina, but then I totally forgot to move it back to its proper place. Even after going back in there, I didn't even notice that it was still in romance.

...That's ****ing moronic. You could've just posted a link.

Quoted post:
I noticed Klarth being a total *** the past few months, especially more so than when he was a mod. So in his direction, I'm being lenient.

True, but recently he's been pretty okay. And what started all of this happened during the time when Klarth stopped trolling.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Lunairetic: No "Do not demod/demote" option, eh? This is more serious than I first thought then, or at least being taken more seriously.

It's called a biased poll!!! Go look at da other poll!! I add the option after people are already voting, and look at all the votes it still get's!!! :D:D:D

On with da drama!!! :D:D:D

Posted by S

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: True, but recently he's been pretty okay. And what started all of this happened during the time when Klarth stopped trolling.

True, which is even more reason to be a little more light on that specific subject.

Quoting Jesse Smith: It's called a biased poll!!! Go look at da other poll!! I add the option after people are already voting, and look at all the votes it still get's!!! :D:D:D

On with da drama!!! :D:D:D

Yeah, I noticed right after you did it. From the looks of it, Jesse, you've already made your decision.

Posted by Iris

I think it's obvious that people would prefer to take action rather than do nothing. Demote is the most popular option, I guess. Hopefully you can stop kidding around for a moment and make your decision from an objective standpoint, Jesse.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Most people that voteded didn't even have da do nothing poll option!!! :D:D:D:D

Now, get back out there and get the drama going again!!!! You and Fate love to delete stuff all da time!!! You two are way worse than Dexter is at deleting stuff!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Iris

Then we'll make the option. You know there will be even more drama after we take action, Jesse.

Posted by Alastor

Everyone that I saw say, "Change my vote," did vote for do nothing, accidentally, and wanted it changed to demote/demod.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Oh yes, I know there would be MAJOR drama if I de-moded you, Fate, and Dexter and made WackoHater a Super Mod!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Xenos

So since the drama is pretty much dead, the verdict is?

Posted by Jesse Smith

De-mod all da girls!!!! :D

I'll second that. Plus, Dex is kinda a girl, right? Verdict made.

Posted by Xenos

... but I just got modded -- Oh! Right. Hello, I am Cassim Hassan, I am a twenty-two year old Iranian Israeli male.