What band/artist would you like to destroy?

Posted by Nihilus

There are alot of bands i can't stand, but, I really, really, really hate Hinder. If I hear Lips of an Angel one more time I'm gonna puke. Now they have a new single and it's just as terrible. Disturbd, System of a Down, and Nickelback get honorable mention.

Posted by Hochiminh

There isn't much on the rock/metal/alternative side I truly dislike, probably ICP ans Uncle Kracker. Elsewhere, I'm not into most hip hop and country, and I'm not into disco, classical, or polka at all. I dislike Alisha Keys and Baja Men.

Posted by Hyper

ICP and Slipknot.

I should let it be known that I've not yet actually heard any music from ICP; however, the image and army of followers are enough to turn me away.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Hyper: ICP and Slipknot.

I should let it be known that I've not yet actually heard any music from ICP; however, the image and army of followers are enough to turn me away.

hahaha ICP is horrible!

Posted by Omni

The only cool person to ever like ICP was Da Vinci.

Posted by Crazy K

Nickelback, System of a Down, Disturbed, ICP, Hinder, Any Punk Rock, Most Country, Rap, and a whole lot more.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Crazy K: Nickelback, System of a Down, Disturbed, ICP, Hinder, Any Punk Rock, Most Country, Rap, and a whole lot more.

Thanks Crazy K for posting my list, with the exception of The Ramones and Rise Against! in the Punk Rock area.

Posted by WackoHater2

Most artists that got their start on Disney channel.

Posted by Klarth

Aside from the very obvious ones any metalhead is going to name, I have a few:

The Kooks, The Killers, The Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay, The Postal Service, any other pseudo-indie pop rock band.
Cradle of Filth, My Dying Bride, In Flames (those two albums), any other metal band trying their hand at appealing to stupid "goths".
Dragonforce. Standing before the almighty ever fire and flames and gates of the eternal dragonrealm of fury!!

The Moody Blues. I just don't like them.

Posted by Omni

HIM, what a load of crap. LOL love metal, what a gay concept. Also, the Heartagram sucks.

Posted by Xero

Backstreet Boys, Pussycat Dolls, Paris Hilton and most rappers.

Posted by Nihilus

Quoting Panic: Most artists that got their start on Disney channel.

How about ALL of them, and any that may come in the furture.

Quoting Omni: HIM, what a load of crap. LOL love metal, what a gay concept. Also, the Heartagram sucks.

I can't freaking stand that band. If I hear Wings of a Butterfly one more time I'm gonna scream.

I forgot a couple, Courtney Love and Yoko Ono. Leave to the women to destroy great music for all of us.

Posted by Hochiminh

Quoting Klarth: Aside from the very obvious ones any metalhead is going to name, I have a few:

The Kooks, The Killers, The Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay, The Postal Service, any other pseudo-indie pop rock band.
Cradle of Filth, My Dying Bride, In Flames (those two albums), any other metal band trying their hand at appealing to stupid "goths".
Dragonforce. Standing before the almighty ever fire and flames and gates of the eternal dragonrealm of fury!!

The Moody Blues. I just don't like them.
I like In Flames and Cradle of Filth, but I do agree on disliking some death metal, especially the ones that you can't understand their lyrics. Lamb of ***, Scar Symmetry, and Nothingface are great metal bands.

I bought the Killers's CD and listened to it once; I guess I'm not interested in them. The Post Service has an annoyingly high pitch. I have a CD by Kook, but I believe that's an entirely different band. I've never listen to the Arctic Monkeys, while Coldplay is the only one of those I personally like.

Most classic rock is great, with the exception of like Abba, the Beegees, most if not all disco, the Mamas and the Papas, and most soul too! (sorry James Brown and the Blues Brothers)

I guess I'd like to add that I dislike most emo, and some punk, but I like to be open to music. Some emo is okay from time to time, but prog rock/metal, Christian rock/metal, rap/funk rock/metal, and female vocal rock/metal is the way to go...

Posted by Klarth

[quote]I like In Flames and Cradle of Filth, but I do agree on disliking some death metal, especially the ones that you can't understand their lyrics. Lamb of ***, Scar Symmetry, and Nothingface are great metal bands.
considering In Flames and Cradle of Filth are about as far from DM as you can get, then yeah. Also, Nothingface? please tell me you are making some kind of sick joke
[quote]Most classic rock is great, with the exception of like Abba, the Beegees, most if not all disco, the Mamas and the Papas, and most soul too! (sorry James Brown and the Blues Brothers)
get hit by a train

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Klarth:
Quoted post: Most classic rock is great, with the exception of like Abba, the Beegees, most if not all disco, the Mamas and the Papas, and most soul too! (sorry James Brown and the Blues Brothers)

get hit by a train

I agree with the statement above.

Posted by xapplexpiex

all rap and hip hop music must die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 times a gazillion

Posted by Shade

The My Chemical Romance lyrics in your sig negate any respect I had for you on your post.

Panic! At The Disco, Fallout Boy, My Chemical Romance, any other band that is like those three.

Posted by Hochiminh

Quoting Klarth: considering In Flames and Cradle of Filth are about as far from DM as you can get, then yeah. Also, Nothingface? please tell me you are making some kind of sick joke

get hit by a train

*confused* Nothingface is a good combination of clean and growl vocals...In flames has more of a raspy higher growl, I guess I'll agree that you can't call them death metal. They have some quiet tunes.

Are you saying you like disco?

Quoting Xapplexpiex: The My Chemical Romance lyrics in your sig negate any respect I had for you on your post.

Panic! At The Disco, Fallout Boy, My Chemical Romance, any other band that is like those three.

They don't call him the "Emo nerd" for nothin'.

Posted by Hyper

If clean and growl vocals made a band death metal, Trivium would be the most successful death metal band ever. But it doesn't work that way, does it?

Posted by Ch

I need Paul Wall to get shot and I need Hilary Duff to get a spiked log up her twat.

Posted by WackoHater2

Klarth reminded me of Coldplay.

Also, Hannah Montana. She goes along with Disney Channel artists, but she is the worst. I hate those people that are famous because of who their parents are or because of who they hang out with. If he father wasn't Billy Ray Cyrus, she'd be nothing.

Posted by Omni

The majority of bands and artists in Panic's Last.fm charts should die in a plane crash.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Shade32: The My Chemical Romance lyrics in your sig negate any respect I had for you on your post.

MCR's new album is good and turned away from the crappy emo-ness. So I don't think they should be destroyed since they learned their lesson

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: In flames has more of a raspy higher growl, I guess I'll agree that you can't call them death metal. They have some quiet tunes.

You might've gotten confused by the fact that In Flames was melodic death metal. But they're not even close to the genre anymore.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Quoting Omni: The majority of bands and artists in Panic's Last.fm charts should die in a plane crash.

^

Quoted for truth.

Posted by Hochiminh

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You might've gotten confused by the fact that In Flames was melodic death metal. But they're not even close to the genre anymore.
I completely agree...Fear Factory would be in the same vain.

Lol at too many variations of metal...

The internet calls Red and Decyfer Down Christian rock/metal bands. There is absolutely no metal in Red and Decyfer Down. I'd call these progressive rock, like Lifer, Injected, Neurotica, Stereomud, Nonpoint, and Mad At Gravity. I would consider some bands as partial metal influences, but the vocals are clean, such as Metallica, Black Sabbath, and Pantera. I call it my own term "semi" metal. I'd include Mudvayne, Mushroomhead, and Avenged Sevenfold in there. In Flames and Fear Factory is mostly medal in a slow form. Shadows Fall and Lamb of *** is a little faster. I'd probably say Vulgar Pigeons is the heaviest band I have, yet I may have to check again...too many **** CD's.

Quoted post: Fear Factory would be in the same vain.

No, not really.

Quoted post: In Flames and Fear Factory is mostly medal in a slow form

No... not really.

I'm not sure you even know what metal is.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Hochiminh]
*confused* Nothingface is a good combination of clean and growl vocals...In flames has more of a raspy higher growl, I guess I'll agree that you can't call them death metal. They have some quiet tunes.
Nothingface are nu metal/alternarock. Slipknot have growls too, but they're not exactly a prolific death metal act now, are they? In Flames' first album was straight-up DM, next few albums were gothenburg melodeath, then two albums of nu netal and one album of sorta-melodeath-sorta-metalcore.

[quote]Are you saying you like disco?
abba rocks my socks.

[quote]I completely agree...Fear Factory would be in the same vain.
actually, fear factory are and always have been industrial/thrash... with the exception of digimortal, which had some nu metal sounds.
[quote]I call it my own term "semi" metal. I'd include Mudvayne, Mushroomhead, and Avenged Sevenfold in there.
Mudvayne are nu metal, Mushroomhead are nu metal, Avenged Sevenfold are nu metal. no such thing as semi-metal. your own term is wrong.
[quote]In Flames and Fear Factory is mostly medal in a slow form.
slow form? what?

in flames - embody the invisible
in flames - bullet ride
in flames - pinball map
in flames - goliaths disarm their davids
in flames - suburban me
in flames - versus terminus
in flames - take this life
in flames - artifacts of the black rain
in flames - the jester race
in flames - food for the ***s
in flames - stand ablaze
in flames - behind space

fear factory - supernova
fear factory - what will become
fear factory - damaged
fear factory - demolition racer
fear factory - cyberdyne
fear factory - full metal contact
fear factory - archetype

a mere handful of songs from both bands which are anything but "slow". feel like arguing? ask for more tracks fitting your description and you shall receive.

[quote]I'd call these progressive rock, like Lifer, Injected, Neurotica, Stereomud, Nonpoint, and Mad At Gravity.
lifer = nu metal
injected = nu metal
neurotica = nu metal
stereomud = nu metal/alt rock
nonpoint = nu metal
mad at gravity = nu metal

congratulations. either you know nothing about genres or you are a far more succesful troll than I could ever hope to become.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I think he's just completely f**king clueless.

Slow metal is doom or anything related to it. Otherwise, most metal is pretty fast. That's typically what the genre is all about.

Posted by Omni

Yeah, congratulations on proving Panic isn't alone in having no idea what music is.

Posted by Hochiminh

Quoting Omni: Yeah, congratulations on proving Panic isn't alone in having no idea what music is.
Uh...thanks!

NNNNNNNNNN
OOOOOOOOO
TTTTTTTTTT
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Klarth: lifer = nu metal
injected = nu metal
neurotica = nu metal
stereomud = nu metal/alt rock
nonpoint = nu metal
mad at gravity = nu metal

congratulations. either you know nothing about genres or you are a far more succesful troll than I could ever hope to become.
First off all, it's my term. I SAID it was a made-up term. Nu metal is basically the same, but I wouldn't say Lifer and Injected are nu metal; they are progressive rock. So your saying Mad At Gravity is classified as nu metal? *falls back over his chair laughing*

The arguments here are laughable really...

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Hochiminh]First off all, it's my term. I SAID it was a made-up term.
i acknowledged this.
[quote]Nu metal is basically the same, but I wouldn't say Lifer and Injected are nu metal; they are progressive rock.
you are embarassing prog listeners the world over
[quote]So your saying Mad At Gravity is classified as nu metal? *falls back over his chair laughing*
you are so ****ing stupid. *does the idiotic asterisk thing*

Quoted post: but I wouldn't say Lifer and Injected are nu metal; they are progressive rock.

You really don't know what "progressive" means, do you? In fact, do you even know what Klarth means by "nu-metal"? Seriously, the only "laughable arguments" in this thread are coming from you. I mean, jesus, Lifer... progressive? hahahaha.

Shut up.

Posted by Klarth

this thread is so

Posted by Grave Wisdom

And i've never even heard of Lifer before. Probably for the better.

Posted by Hyper

who the **** are lifer, injected, and mad at gravity?

Posted by Klarth

nu metal bands

Posted by Shade

I love how pretty much every band he's mentioned is nu metal.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

u2....

c'mon the guitarist nick-named himself "the edge"

Posted by Grave Wisdom

80's U2 is good.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

Quoting Crazy K: Nickelback, System of a Down, Disturbed, ICP, Hinder, Any Punk Rock, Most Country, Rap, and a whole lot more.

PUNK ROCk

I would destroy any band that's not punk rock

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Do you even know what real Punk Rock is?

Posted by Nihilus

Please *** don't say Green Day

Posted by Grave Wisdom

If he does, i'll laugh so hard.

Posted by Acheron

Quoting netman: you are embarassing prog listeners the world over

prog listeners are embarassing prog listeners the world over.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Anyone who was in the Mickey Mouse club.

Posted by The Punisher

Justin Timberlake. Nuff said.

Posted by crusher310

Good Charlotte, Sum 41 and anything in that genre.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Spice Girls (even if it's too late), Lindsay Lohan and Hillary Duff.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Sean Kingston and Rihanna. If I have to hear Beautiful Girls or Under My Arm Forever one more time, I will kick a dog.