Halloween

Posted by Crazy K

The new Halloween has been directed by Rob Zombie. It's said to be a prequel before the original Halloween. I guess it will be released on August 31st.

It actually looks pretty good, from the trailer at least.

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_%282007_film%29"]More info[/URL]
[URL="http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2007/DEFGH/Halloween/trailer.php"]Trailer [/URL]

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/40/Zombie%27s_Halloween_poster.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I agree. This movie does look pretty good, and maybe it can redeem itself from the other ****ty sequels (Except for Halloween H20, which was actually really good)

Posted by Crazy K

I did not like H2O that much, but it was certainly better then the recent one.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Crazy K: I did not like H2O that much, but it was certainly better then the recent one.

It was better than all the sequels period. But I liked H20, it was an above average horror film.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

After the Devil's Rejects, I'm actually looking forward to a new Halloween movie. Go figure.

Posted by Bebop

Malcolm McDowell? Im in.

Posted by Moogs

I just watched the trailer and it looks like a really really good Halloween...

Posted by Kit

I like the Halloween movies, I even liked Ressurection, so I'm hoping that this is no different.

Posted by boomstick

Trailer looked quite good, I've not been a fan of Zombie's past movies, but from what's been shown thus far looks quite well done

Posted by Crazy K

So is anyone going to go see this? It comes out the 31st of August. I might actually check it out.

Posted by The Hate

My friend and I will probably go see it. Were horror junkies.

Yeah, a bunch of people I know are going. I can't miss this.

Posted by The Hate

Anthony Hopkins as Dr.Loomis. Holy ****ing ****.

Only reason I'm excited for this is because the Devil's Rejects was ****ing badass. If he didn't make that movie I doubt I'd really care.

Posted by The Hate

I didnt really like house of a 1000 corpses. I didnt see the devil's rejects.

1000 Corpses was what it was. it was campy and dumb, and it succeeded in that. Go rent Rejects though. It's amazing how much of an improvement it was. Very demented, but also very intriguing and well crafted.

Posted by The Hate

I think I saw it on the movie channels. I saw the one guy that was a clown in 1000 corpses. I was like wtf and changed it. Now im gonna have to watch that movie.

Posted by Shade

David says:
woo im seeing Halloween tonight B)
Arcadios says:
wut's that?
Arcadios says:
movie?
David says:
David says:
Yes.

But yeah, seeing it tonight. Should be great. :)

It was pretty good. A couple parts really made the crowd jump usually because he tends to ****ing bust through a wall or somewhere you don't expect it. Though I think Zombie set himself up for disappointment. After the film a lot of my friends and the crowd seemed to have felt the last bit (the part they went to see) was the worst part. He goes out to make this incredible beginning that's about an hour long showing these pretty brutal killings and exploring Michael's past so suddenly it's something more than your typical horror flick. You think the rest is going to be like this and not degenerate into cliches... but then it does and you have the main girl running upstairs into a bathroom that has a glass door and all you hear is the crowd groan.

I mean, the last bit was very good and that's what I went for and the movie as a whole was worth it, but it almost seems like two completely different movies in a way. Plus, people complained about the length for the last half. But I liked it. It looked good and sounded good. I was happy.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I am actually looking forward to seeing this. Rob Zombie had huge expectations to live up to, so of course some people would feel let down. Even still, many folks i've spoken with seemed pretty satisfied.

Posted by Acris

hollween is a great series to have i`v e got every single one

Posted by Crazy K

Halloween had a record breaking Labor Day weekend. :)
[quote]LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- "Halloween" came early and closed Hollywood's strong summer season with a record-breaking Labor Day weekend debut.

Rob Zombie's new take on John Carpenter's 1978 horror sensation "Halloween" slashed its way to a $31 million haul over the four-day weekend, surpassing the $20.1 million gross for 2005's "Transporter 2," which had held the record for best Labor Day opening.
Released by the Weinstein Co. and MGM, "Halloween" also topped the $29 million Labor Day gross for 1999's "The Sixth Sense," which had been the biggest-grossing movie over the holiday. That blockbuster ghost story was in its fifth weekend when Labor Day came around.
Sony's comedy "Superbad," the No. 1 movie the previous two weekends, slipped to second place with $15.6 million, raising its total to $92.4 million.
Focus Features' "Balls of Fury," a comedy about a washed-up pingpong player recruited by the feds to help bring down a criminal mastermind (Christopher Walken), opened at No. 3 with $13.8 million.

"Death Sentence," 20th Century Fox's revenge thriller starring Kevin Bacon, debuted at No. 8 with $5.2 million.
Led by "Halloween," Hollywood set a new overall record for Labor Day, with the top 12 movies taking in $119.6 million, surpassing the previous high of $106.1 million in 2003.
" 'Halloween' was far beyond anything we've seen on Labor Day," said Paul Dergarabedian, president of box-office tracker Media By Numbers. "It was just a perfect ending to a perfect summer. Hopefully, we can do this every year."
The industry finished the summer season with record receipts of $4.18 billion since the first weekend in May.
Factoring in higher ticket prices, though, movie attendance did not set a record. Media By Numbers estimates 610 million tickets were sold, the fifth-best admissions figure for modern Hollywood.
Unlike Carpenter's original, Zombie's "Halloween" delved into the childhood of unstoppable slasher Michael Myers to explain why the masked madman wages his own personal war of terror.
"Carpenter's genius was in not giving the back story, so you had this force of evil unto itself," said Bob Weinstein, co-founder of the Weinstein Co. "Rob was more like, what's behind the evil? I think the fan base loved the idea that there'd be a new version that would also add something to it."
"Halloween" will turn a tidy profit even if it follows the pattern of most horror films and drops off quickly in subsequent weekends. The movie was shot on a modest $15 million budget, meaning it took in twice its production costs in just four days.
The movie was a renewed success for the horror genre, which had hit hard times with a few underperforming releases earlier this year, among them "Hostel II."
"It's funny how Hollywood keeps writing things off," said Weinstein, whose company also scored a summer success with the supernatural tale "1408." "After 'Hostel II,' they said horror's done. Horror's not done. If there's something unique in the story, nothing's done."
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Monday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Media By Numbers LLC. Final figures will be released Tuesday
[URL="http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/03/box.office.ap/index.html?eref=googletoolbar"]From CNN[/URL]

Huh, neat. I assumed it'd would open pretty well.

Posted by starryeyezmel

I loved this movie, its great to see how Michael actually became how he is, you didn't get that feature in the original! :)