finaly caved in

Posted by captain caveman

I caved in. I bought a new slim ps2 and gt4 a couple days ago. I'm such a computer gamer, but gran tursimo pulled me in, I couldn't resist. I always thought if I were to get a console it would indefiantely be an xbox, but GT4 came along and I had to go spend $180(this doesn't include the memory card I still need to buy) so I can play it.

Now I need some good cheap titles for the ps2 to make my expensive purchase worth while. I'm also starting to get sick and tired of fps games. It's all i play on the computer which is kinda why I turned my back on the xbox and a reason I bought a ps2. I saw my friend play viewtiful joe on his gamecube. Looks cool, he told me they also put the game on ps2 now. Does anyone know how much of a hit in graphics the game took going onto ps2? I would think it would look very close to gamecube in graphics quality. I think I'm going to get a few of the ff titles. What else should I get?

Posted by Last Fog

[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=SandyBrown]Well, if you're looking for some great one player games at a cheap price, I would first suggest getting metal gear solid 2, which I bought used a while back for under 10 dollars!! Also off the top of my head I'd suggest prince of persia, GTA 3 or vice city, all pretty cheap by now. And as or Viewtiful Joe, its probably got about the same quality as the gamecube version, maybe just slight changes barely noticeable, plus it has an added character and possibly new levels... don't really know [/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Pit

Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2. Devil May Cry 1 and 3. Skip 2, believe me. If you're into RPG's, not the PC MMORPG's, the get Kingdom Hearts, which is cheap. Also, Megaman Anniversay collection, 10 games for I think now its $20.00, totally worth it. Prince of Persia and Prince of Persia 2, the GTA games (cause people love em and their top sellers), and Metal Gear 3.

Posted by Last Fog

[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=SandyBrown]He said he's looking primarily for cheap stuff, so he'll have to wait a long while for some of those gems[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Well, I can list off a slew of PS/PS2 RPG's that are cheap buy now, yet are great. If you're looking at getting a few FF titles, stear clear of FFX-2. I would suggest either VII (PS), VIII (PS) or X (PS2) as a first try. Also, Shadow Hearts, Drakan: The Ancient's Gates, and Jade Cocoon 2 are excellent titles. Shaun Palmer's Pro Snowboarding is always fun, as well. All of these are $29.99 (CAD) or under. If you check out EB's website, you might be able to find used copies that are even better priced.

Posted by Darkbackward

Wow, definetly do not buy anything anyone tells you, you should just go out there and buy some games that look interesting.

I can't really tell you what you would like, but if you manage to find this rare game, you should get it, REZ, it is a very good game that was ported from the dreamcast, This game is sort of action oriented but it's much more innovative than you might think.

I don't know if you like platformers buy ratchet and clank and sly cooper are good games.

However, the strategy underground is awesome on the ps2. Risk online is a great game (it is also offline), but only if you like risk. Another game noone talks about is culdcept, that game is insane.

There are alot of action games on the ps2, devil may cry, viewtiful joe, shinobi, kunoichi, tenchu, gladius, metal gear solid, lara croft, gun man, etc. But I have grown accustomed to expecting the same thing in the same way you feel about first person shooters.

Oh yea, don't buy anything from Sony online Entertainment or Electronic Arts. Please don't, they are satan worshippers.

Posted by captain caveman

well my purchases for games are going to be delayed right now. My brother was being an idiot and hit the side of his car against a a curb really hard and busted the wheel and axle. Now we don't have a car, so I have an old datsun 280zx I have but it needs to be restored a little bit to be driven, so I ended up spending my money on primer for the car :-/ Really wanted to get some good games, but now I need to throw some primer on the car so I can use that for transportation. Not going to look to pretty either, since I'm just doing this to get the car ready to be driven

got some pics of the ride here
http://www.geocities.com/captain_caveman_aka_geoff/car.html

that rez game looks interesting, but on ebay it sells for like $50, o and katamari looks cool too. Surprised no one mentioned that

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting captain caveman: and katamari looks cool too. Surprised no one mentioned that

Many people who mentio nthat game as a must buy have two things going for them. A. They didn't play the game or B. They played the game very little.

The initial shock factor of what your playing in damacy is awesome, however, after a good deal of play time, the game gets boring, I'm serious. The game is incredibly awesome, but then it just falls flat. Rez, on the other hand, lasts a very long time, and both of these games I have in my library.