Demod Dexter.

Posted by Klarth

Okay, yeah, I've been pretty lighthearted and jokey about this whole thing what with appending the two titular words to just about every thread I've made in recent days, but this time I want someone to actually acknowledge the **** that's going down here.

Dexter should not be a moderator. Sorry, but this is indisputable. Anyone defending him at this stage is biased and wrong. Of course, that's not to say many people are defending him right now, but regardless...

So, let's weigh up a few things against him right here.

1) Editing the posts of others. Case in point: NEMI.
[url=http://vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=520366&postcount=186]Example time![/url] Omni tells me that she actually stopped coming around VGC because Dexter was constantly harassing her to the nth degree.

Past case: Remember when Judge moderated the Off-Topic area? Remember a certain picture thread Sable Wind made years ago? Remember how he renamed it to "Ogle a Young Girl's Tits" or something along those lines? Remember how he was demodded within days? Hm.

2) Deleting the posts of others. Case in point: Yours truly!
I've already kicked up plenty of **** about this, so it's not exactly uncommon knowledge. After I stepped down last August (or sometime around then), whenever I came back around VGC Dexter would prune my posts for no good reason. He's been doing this consistently until a few weeks ago, and it's gone completely unreprimanded. Not even a wrist slap. He's got to have wiped at least 30 perfectly decent, serious posts of mine over this period. Dex, dear, trying to get me to be a "better member" by intimidating me into submission isn't kind, honest or necessary.

Past case: Admiral Anthrax. Back in the beginning of '05, he deleted two of my posts. TWO. His reasoning was that I "should have known my place". Dexter's reasoning is that I was "being a punk". After a few days of you-shouldn't-have-done-thats, he was demodded.

3) Random unwarranted bannings. Case in point: Your humble narrator.
I didn't have internet access for a week or so while I was away in eastern Europe in March. I signed on at some point and noticed I'd been banned a few days into my absence. Dexter was responsible. Strange! I've never been banned for nothing before! Around a week ago I was banned again on, admittedly, better reasoning - Despite this, I wasn't given an explanation, it was a two-year ban, and I did not break a single rules. As far as I'm concerned, a well-established long time member gently poking at the rules isn't really something which should be harshly reprimanded. Furthermore, since when did VGC have "unwritten rules" as Fate referred to them? (Note: Not dragging her into this at all; I just like the way she worded it.) What the **** is the point of having an invisible rule that people are expected to follow? And whose idea was it to severely punish anyone who even mildly transgressed such an unfollowable mess of a regulation? Oh, wait, Dexter.

Past case: It's a reasonless ban. Do you NEED an example?

4) Miscellaneous power abuse. Only one case right here, but I'm sure I'd be able to drum a few more up given the chance.

http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=23548

AdTheLad998: DEXTER MOVED IT
AdTheLad998: 20:09, 13th Jun 2007 Dexter Thread moved to '~Love & Romance~'. 205.215.253.131
AdTheLad998: omfg what happen

So.

Dear sensible VGCers (I know there are a few of you out there):

Are you ready to stop being cretins yet?

Posted by Omni

Quoting Klarth: 1) Editing the posts of others. Case in point: NEMI.
[url=http://vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=520366&postcount=186]Example time![/url] Omni tells me that she actually stopped coming around VGC because Dexter was constantly harassing her to the nth degree.

I hate to say it, but that actually is true. She still browses occasionally, but she will rarely post, especially in boards that aren't just about games. She used to talk to me a lot in PMs and her not posting because of fear of Dexter editing her posts came up a lot. :(

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote][COLOR=#ffffff][FONT=Verdana]Anyone defending him at this stage is biased and wrong.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I stopped reading here. That sentence is just so awesome I'm giving you my full support.

Posted by Oforia

http://vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=589357&postcount=40

I pretty much agree with Iris there. As for now, I would like to see the problem addressed, instead of every thread being blown off. And deleting threads for no reason is only a minute portion of the bigger problem.

Posted by Roger Smith

DEMOD HIM, CUT OUT HIS TONGUE THEN DEMOD HIS TONGUE lol just kidding.

Also, don't make a whiney thread like I did or.....oh wait ****:(

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Roger Smith: DEMOD HIM, CUT OUT HIS TONGUE THEN DEMOD HIS TONGUE lol just kidding.

Also, don't make a whiney thread like I did or.....oh wait ****:(

Hush. :)

Posted by Iris

You already know I've supported you and completely disagreed with the deletions and bannings. I'd also like to see this addressed rather than Dexter saying "he was being a naughty member!!! :curr:" and everyone taking his word for it.

I know people like him as mod. He's been here longer than most mods and is a very loyal member and a decent poster. However, I'm not certain that some mod experience on an SNES board is qualifications enough to be a super-mod. To be honest, I think he could do a much better job and his capabilities should have been tested more. He also must at least attempt to abide by the unwritten rules for mods too, because they apply for everyone, no matter how long they've been here.

Posted by Oforia

I think everyone wants a better explanation except for Xero. Too bad the threads always die, or they get turned into a joke by people who don't care. [SIZE="1"]*cough* Roger Smith *cough*[/SIZE]

Posted by Roger Smith

Indeed. I can't/won't fight anymore so why not joke about this? Approximately 100% is a joke anyway, I'm just trying my best to fit in amongst you fine Internetian citizens.

Don't give up whining like I did, less you turn into a shell of your former self Klarth. You have to continue on for the both of us.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Roger Smith: Approximately 100% is a joke anyway

Wrong.

Almost none of it is a joke. Some of us actually want to understand what is going on here and figure out how to fix the problems. Otherwise, this board would turn to ****.

Posted by Roger Smith

Did I mention I don't argue well said points? It only adds to the idiocy that plagues VGC.

Posted by S

Quoting Roger Smith: Did I mention I don't argue well said points? It only adds to the idiocy that plagues VGC.

Proportionatly, so does joking about them and degrading the value of above complaints by making light of them with humor.

EDIT: Dex, you've got your hands full on this one. I'll be curious to see how this is dealt with.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Lunairetic: [color=black]Proportionatly, so does joking about them and degrading the value of above complaints by making light of them with humor.

Seems proper to my eyes.

Posted by Linkman

Enough justification has been presented.

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=23719

Copied from the mod board poll so everyone gets a say.

Posted by netman

I was demodded for deleting like 2, 3 at max threads in Darkness Advanced!

that was nothing!

so yeah I guess dexter isn't doing so hot these days

Posted by Roger Smith

Cuz people fervently love their blogs. Serious ****ing business.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Roger Smith: Cuz people fervently love their blogs. Serious ****ing business.

Hush :)

This thread is somewhat serious.

Posted by Roger Smith

Can't argue against a valid point mate.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I love drama!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Roger Smith

YOUR CRAZY O' BROTHER OF MINE! :mad:

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Roger Smith: YOUR CRAZY O' BROTHER OF MINE! :mad:

Hush :rolleyes:

Posted by Roger Smith

Oh yeah I forgot, somewhat serious thread. Sorry dude :(

Posted by Klarth

Anyone defending him at this stage is biased and wrong.

Say it with me.

Posted by WackoHater

Jesse Smith is the final arbiter here as administrator, if the forum is screwed up it is because Jesse is screwed up, he can set the controls so that no moderator can delete posts and he would have the final say if content is restored, so if anyone is to blame, it is Jesse Smith !!!

Maybe Jesse will get his head together one day, but don't count on it, when I first joined here many threads were deleted by moderators, and by what I was told it was not Dexter.

Dexter is a smart guy and an asset to this forum, you kids need to shut your mouths and quit being idiots, that would be a start, put your big egos away and quit being vain losers.

Jesse Smith knows what he has to do to make things right here and JESSE SMITH HAS NOT DONE THINGS RIGHT !

SO BLAME JESSE SMITH, NOT DEXTER FOR THIS LUNACY !!!!!
:mad: :mad:

DO YOU STILL LIKE THE DRAMA WHEN THE TRUTH IS TOLD JESSE ??

SON WHEN I GET HOLD OF YOU, IT WILL BE YOUR END, COUNT ON IT !!!!

[CENTER]:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: [/CENTER]

Posted by mis0

I've noticed him banning fairly new members on a few occassions without any warning, from what I could discern. Papercut, who was something of a dumbass but relatively harmless, comes to mind. And the deleting of every shred of evidence to make it like it never happened also seems extreme. You're right about one thing: we demoded Freddy for doing a lot less of the same sort of things. In fairness, I'd say Dexter has got to go.

Posted by Dexter

See, that's what I'm talking about. Everyone pointing the finger at me. Anything that goes wrong is my fault 'cause my name's up for grabs. I had nothing to do with that banning. I rarely ban members, unless they're extremely spammy and don't listen to my warnings.

I call harassment.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Dexter: See, that's what I'm talking about. Everyone pointing the finger at me. Anything that goes wrong is my fault 'cause my name's up for grabs. I had nothing to do with that banning. I rarely ban members, unless they're extremely spammy and don't listen to my warnings.

I call harassment.

[quote=Misoxeny]It's noting personal, Dexter. We demoded Freddy for his similar actions because of the percieved malicious intent behind them. From what I can tell, regardless of whether you're simply trying to "have fun" at the expense of a few members or you're actually harassing them, like Freddy did, you've got to own up and pay the consequences. Not everything is funny, and several members clearly are unhappy with your behavior. You blew your chance, comrade.
The only person harassing anyone is you, and I'd to hear an explanation of what poor NEMI was doing that warranted your harassment.

Posted by Dexter

I don't remember NEMI doing anything wrong at all. All I remember about her is that she was a girl who talked a lot about her pictures, in that thread that included her images, and that she was fairly normal. I don't remember what I edited or what I edited it into, but I'm sure it was harmless, or in jest, and she's just being uptight about it, like Juliebriggs before her.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I don't remember NEMI doing anything wrong at all. All I remember about her is that she was a girl who talked a lot about her pictures, in that thread that included her images, and that she was fairly normal. I don't remember what I edited or what I edited it into, but I'm sure it was harmless, or in jest, and she's just being uptight about it, like Juliebriggs before her.

Heh, I don't think that answer is going to satisfy anyone who's *****ing about you, buddy.

Posted by Iris

Actually, I banned papercut for constantly bumping threads and making spammy posts. Don't be fooled by the size of his posts, they were generally incoherent and irrelevant.

Dexter, you kind of just proved a point there. The main boards aren't weblogs or anything, you can't go editing posts simply for ****s and giggles.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Demod Dexter > Iris devours Dexter's soul > Dexter can mod inside Iris now.

Posted by Dexter

I know it. Mistakes were made. But that's not a regular habit of mine and I can't even remember the last time I did that, even in blogs.

But come on, I'm a reliable mod. I'm here a lot and am not going to leave the forums anytime soon and I remove the spammy material. People rely on me to move their threads and stuff because they know I am there or am actually online for them. I help new members, try to get them to stay, etc. I do the good deeds, but a few bad deeds are sure to come, like they have for everyone. This fuss will pass. When things are back to normal people will remember how capable and wonderful I am for this position. Warnings should be given to the mods before they are removed from their position, just like warnings are given to newbies before ban. If there's an issue with how I work, I'll fix it accordingly and that's that, it'll stop happening. Simple as that. You guys all know I can stop doing whatever's bothering people. It's not like I'm fixed on any ideas or am out to bring certain members down.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Dexter: I don't remember what I edited or what I edited it into, but I'm sure it was harmless, or in jest, and she's just being uptight about it, like Juliebriggs before her.

The fact that you think this is OK is the problem. It's not, and as Iris aptly put it, "VGC is not a toy for you to **** with". I remain confident that a complete demoderation is necessary because you don't respect the posts and feelings of other members.

@ Iris) I assumed Dex did it because he was viewing a Papercut thread I was viewing no less than 10 seconds before bannage occured. Oops!

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Dexter]I call harassment.
Me too!
[quote]Mistakes were made.
I don't call constant pruning and editing-for-giggles "mistakes".
[quote]But that's not a regular habit of mine and I can't even remember the last time I did that, even in blogs.
This is a serious problem and you have just proved your unreliability.
[quote]I do the good deeds, but a few bad deeds are sure to come, like they have for everyone.
Not for me. Nor Iris. Nor Alastor. Nor Fate. Nor Ant. Nor Lunair. Nor Linkman. Nor anyone in the current modbase, actually. Oops.
[quote]This fuss will pass. When things are back to normal people will remember how capable and wonderful I am for this position.
Dexter, you are not immune to the consequences of your ****-ups. People are not going to let this blow over. You are in the wrong. You are not acting correctly. You are wrong. You are in the wrong. You're wrong. I'm right. You're wrong.
[quote]Warnings should be given to the mods before they are removed from their position, just like warnings are given to newbies before ban.
Yeah, see, uh, you had a warning and you blew it. Maybe you should have left me alone months ago and this never would have happened. Maybe you shouldn't have harassed NEMI into leaving. :)
[quote]If there's an issue with how I work, I'll fix it accordingly and that's that, it'll stop happening. Simple as that.
Too late!
[quote]You guys all know I can stop doing whatever's bothering people. It's not like I'm fixed on any ideas or am out to bring certain members down.
You know, that's really not how you make it seem.

In conclusion:

Go away please

Posted by Omni

I have to admit, the last sentence of Klarth's post made me BOL.

Posted by Random

You guys get too uptight over an online forum. So he made a few mistakes.. No ones perfect. You guys are making a big fuss over nothing. You guys should grow up, and enjoy life a lil.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Random: You guys get too uptight over an online forum. So he made a few mistakes.. No ones perfect. You guys are making a big fuss over nothing. You guys should grow up, and enjoy life a lil.

Eat a dick.

Posted by Proto Man

I'd hate to see Dex get totally de-modded. How about just taking him off the S-mod list, and make him mod of SNES and NES again?

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Proto Man: I'd hate to see Dex get totally de-modded.

Give me a good reason why you say this.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Klarth: Give me a good reason why you say this.

Well, it's just that Dexter has generally been a good mod over the years. IMO he did a really good job as mod of the SNES and NES boards. So I'd hate to see him get the full boot.

That is without factoring in what has went on here in recent light. I don't have a fully formed opinion yet to say yay or nay. I am just saying that if Dex must be punished (and if he is in the wrong, by all means go ahead), at the most give a simple demote.

Posted by Tyler Durden

I would just like to take this time to say four things:

2) Screw Dexter, he's a tramp. Not a mod.
3) Screw Dexter, demod him now.. Along with Fate. But don't screw Fate, or should we?
4) Klarth is my son.

Edit: I really didn't mean #1. But I am sorry that Dexter is a tramp.

Posted by Klarth

That means you fathered me at the age of eight. Sweet!

Posted by Tyler Durden

**** right, sew that seed early. So it won't go bad later, son.

Posted by WackoHater

Quoting Klarth: Eat a dick.

This kind of comment should get you banned idiot !!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now shut your mouth and get a life, if you have problems with Dexter, PM Jesse and communicate with him, not too many members are on your side it seems !!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Posted by Klarth

Quoting WackoHater: This kind of comment should get you banned idiot !!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now shut your mouth and get a life, if you have problems with Dexter, PM Jesse and communicate with him, not too many members are on your side it seems !!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Shakira is for twelve-year-old girls.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=WackoHater;605821]This kind of comment should get you banned idiot !!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh go the **** on somewhere with that bull****. The internets was created secondly to allow modern youth the basic skill of swearing at their elders, from a safe distance via PC.

[quote=Klarth;605831]Shakira is for twelve-year-old girls.

I'd ride Shakira like a skateboard..

Foot to chest, *****!

Posted by Shade

I'd ride her like my pillow, dick to imaginary hole.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Shade32: I'd ride her like my pillow, dick to imaginary hole.

It's because of people like you that pedos come around vgchat.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Shade32;605847]I'd ride her like my pillow, dick to imaginary hole.

ATTENTION ALL PEDOS, THIS CHARACTER HAS THE PENIS OF AN INFANT.

Posted by Shade

My secret is exposed! :o

Posted by Roger Smith

Dude, I ****ing talked to you on the phone. ****TY DICK NIPPLES THIS IS HORRIBLE.

Posted by WackoHater

You guys are major idiots, I hope you are banned for using foul language, then you can find a forum to join where you can all be gay together with Bakurarse you stupid idiots !!!!

And you are the same losers who want Dexter banned ???

I hope he starts banning you idiots you stupid trash talking losers !!!

You punks need to get a skateboard and do something better with your lives, like run into a brick wall head first !!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bull**** posts add nothing to the forum fools, no one wants to read about your lack of sex arseholes and no one cares about your mental and sexual dysfunctions.

Posted by Shade

You're not allowed to say arsehole or any form of arse unless you're somewhat British. It's a law.

Posted by Klarth

arsey bollocks

Posted by WackoHater

Misoxeny disagrees: Stop posting this incoherent ****.

You better get your mind straight little girl because I'm done taking Arsesheet from you !!!!! :mad:

PS: How much is our wedding going to cost ???

Posted by Klarth

WackoHater let's be friends in our hatred of jesse :(

Posted by WackoHater

Sure, nothing wrong with that, as I mention, all is Jesse Smith's fault, not Dexter's anyway, your focus is on the wrong person here !!!

Jesse has known there is a major problem with mod's being able to delete content here for over a year now, and JESSE SMITH HAS DONE NOTHING BUT ACT LIKE A LUNATIC AND A LITTLE KID !!!

This is consistent with his Wacko Act, that being acting like an irresponsible idiot 100% of the time and never doing anything right.

This is why I fired Jesse multiple times and got him fired from other forum administration jobs.

Why?

Because Jesse Smith does not listen to logic, he has none in his own mind, but stupidly will not enact any even when given instructions on what to do, that is double Wacko !!!!

Posted by Roger Smith

Please WackoHater, keep your support for VGC running.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting WackoHater: Dexter is a smart guy and an asset to this forum.
[CENTER]:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: [/CENTER]

Quoting WackoHater: if you have problems with Dexter, PM Jesse!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

er....make up your mind!!! A few months ago you didn't like him and wanted him banned!!!! Now you act like he's your best friend!!! Um, I'm your best friend, remember!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by PROF CHAOS

May the virtual Land of Wacko continue. :-D

Posted by mis0

Quoting WackoHater:
PS: How much is our wedding going to cost ???

Your life.

Posted by WackoHater

Quoting Jesse Smith: er....make up your mind!!! A few months ago you didn't like him and wanted him banned!!!! Now you act like he's your best friend!!! Um, I'm your best friend, remember!!! :D:D:D:D

Really?

Why were you just banned again, could it be because you can't keep your mouth shut or do the right thing ???? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Remember folks, blame Jesse Smith for everything that is wrong here because he surely is at fault and there is no doubt about that !!! :mad: :mad:

Posted by Jesse Smith

er, you won't last very long before you unabn me!!! You need me there!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Omni

Get him to unban my IP. I'll be good.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I can't even get him to unban my server!!!!!! So he won't ever unban you guys!!! Only reason he unbans me...is cause, and he once said this, he needs me there!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by KoH

You guys really are far too uptight for a video game message board. Right now, you are all the exact type of internet users I love making fun of in real life. :( The type that takes internet drama seriously.

Posted by Roger Smith

It's what gives Jesse his life force. Like Galactus Devourer of Worlds. Should he stop eating planets he dies. Should the drama stop on VGC Jesse will wither away. Quite a tragic thing really.

Posted by WackoHater

No, you're banned for good this time and for the good of the forum !!!

We don't need you there, you will be lucky if I come here or to any of [URL="http://www.random-info.com/showthread.php?t=84&page=3"]your forums [/URL]after tonight you numb skull !!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Maybe one day you learn not to pull [URL="http://www.random-info.com/showpost.php?p=2678&postcount=47"]idiotic stunts Jesse[/URL], also, maybe one day you will grow up and understand what it really means to be a friend, you never really learned what this means and you sure have a lot to learn about running your mouth out of place !!!