Nightwish

Posted by Klarth

:)

Posted by Omni

Already heard "Eva" and "While Your Lips Are Still Red" from this album. Pretty cool.

Posted by Klarth

Master Passion Greed sounds pretty phat.

Posted by Corrupt

I remember having the piss irritated out of me by Tarja's godawful wailing during the few times I bothered listening to Nightwish. Now that she's been ousted, this means that I'll possibly be able to tolerate the music now and maybe, just maybe be able to enjoy it!

Posted by Lord of Spam

I remember hearing a chick that annoyed me. If this has changed, do let me know.

Posted by Shade

Yeah, they've got a new singer for this album.

Posted by Omni

Thanks for stating something previously stated in this very thread, Shade. You do so much for VGC.

Anyway, I like the new singer more than Tarja, though "Eva" was kind of a bland song. I also like how they finally let Marco do lead vocals on something in the studio, instead of just relegating him to singing covers while the girls take a break.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Thanks for stating something previously stated in this very thread, Shade. You do so much for VGC.

He was answering LoS, who was wondering if the annoying chick was gone.

Anywho, I bet they still suck.

Posted by Klarth

http://www.nightwish.com/files/audio/MasterMP3.mp3
http://www.nightwish.com/files/audio/SevenMP3.mp3

epic

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

New singer is ok, but it's going to suck without Tarja. And 'Eva' is boring as hell.

Posted by Omni

Not like Tarja wrote many, if any, of their songs, and I like the voice of the new girl more.

Posted by Shade

As stated in the open letter to Tarja concerning her being cut from band, she was never involved in the song writing process.

Quoting Omni: Not like Tarja wrote many, if any, of their songs, and I like the voice of the new girl more.

So? It's not like every singer of every band contributes to songwriting.

I personally enjoy Tarja's voice. Much more than this new girl.

Posted by Omni

I was saying nothing lost to the music that I'm worried about.

Posted by Hochiminh

I have one of their CD's. I thought the fusion of violins, piano, and fleeting music didn't mesh well, and the voice didn't help either. Maybe this one will be different. I'd rather listen to Drill, Sugarcoma, or Drain STH.

Posted by Hyper

What CD did you listen to? I'm pretty sure "Once" is one of the most perfect blends of symphonic with metal I've heard.

Quoted post: I'm pretty sure "Once" is one of the most perfect blends of symphonic with metal I've heard.

Oh *** no. Therion beats the pants of Nightwish any day of the week. Same with Turisas.

No ****ing way. Once is genius.

Uh, I know you're a girl and all, but I wasn't presenting an opinion. That was a fact.

Posted by Omni

I like Therion and Turisas more, too. I don't listen to any of them a whole lot, though.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Listened to what klarthykins posted. Still dont like it.

Posted by Hochiminh

Quoting Hyper: What CD did you listen to? I'm pretty sure "Once" is one of the most perfect blends of symphonic with metal I've heard.
I just checked; it is "Once". As oxymoronic (is that a word) as it sounds, I've only listened to it once. Maybe if I listen to it again, I'll like it.

I remember how much I hated Three Days Grace the first time I heard it...I was ready to literally flush it down the toilet. Then I listened to it again, and they became one of my favorite mainstream bands.

I should check out Therion or Sinergy.

If you haven't listened to them yet, try Light This City; they're really heavy female vocal death metal. Tristania is quite good too.

I don't know...I never really liked Otep either. One of my friends brang over one of their CD's that I thought was awesome, but then I listened to the rest of it. I don't know; it was my first impression.

Posted by Klarth

Deadlock are a pretty good girl-supported melodeath band with symphonic/industrial influences

I just described the most generic metal band ever, but they rock :(

Posted by Hyper

Therion as a band beat out the single Nightwish CD I enjoy any day. I'm just saying Once is a **** good CD.

k, Lemuria beats the pants of Once any day of the week. Also true.

Posted by Shade

I was about to add that Gothic Kabbalah is far better than both, but that's less symphonic metal and more towards the power end of the spectrum.

And **** yea Lemuria rules.

GK is still completely symphonic, but Lemuria is classic Therion album and Once is a classic Nightwish album. Seemed more appropriate.

Posted by Klarth

[quote]Once is a classic Nightwish album
hahahahahaha no. Far from it.

Oh, huh. That's the only album I hear Nightwish fans talk about usually.

Posted by Klarth

Check out its review average on the MA and then compare it to Oceanborn/Wishmaster. Most people apparently hate Century Child and once.

Which is a shame, because Century Child is ****ing incredible.

I honestly don't trust the reviews on MA, especially when it comes to "popular" bands. I at least wouldn't take it as general opinion since Once and Century Child seem to be the most liked among the people I've talked to.

Posted by Shade

I usually go to ProgArchives for music reviews. I've agreed with most of what their reviews have said.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I honestly don't trust the reviews on MA, especially when it comes to "popular" bands. I at least wouldn't take it as general opinion since Once and Century Child seem to be the most liked among the people I've talked to.

I've seen "hardcore" fans ****ting all over anything that wasn't Angels Fall First, Oceanborn or Wishmaster. Most of them think Century Child sucked because "Marco needs to stfu" and Once sucked because it "sounds like Evanescence".

Kids these days. Angels Fall First is my least listened to album. Actually, I think the only song I really like on it is Angels Fall First.

Quoting Hochiminh:
I remember how much I hated Three Days Grace the first time I heard it...I was ready to literally flush it down the toilet. Then I listened to it again, and they became one of my favorite mainstream bands.

I should check out Therion or Sinergy.

If you haven't listened to them yet, try Light This City; they're really heavy female vocal death metal. Tristania is quite good too.

Three Days Grace is terrible. From what I've heard of Tristania, it's more 'meh' than anything.

Quoted post: I've seen "hardcore" fans ****ting all over anything that wasn't Angels Fall First, Oceanborn or Wishmaster. Most of them think Century Child sucked because "Marco needs to stfu" and Once sucked because it "sounds like Evanescence".

MA tends to bash the most popular albums I find.

Posted by Klarth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REAStTLE3g8

short version of The Poet And The Pendulum, the 14-minute opener