Wisdom Teeth

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Has anybody had their wisdom teeth out yet? I had all four of mine pulled yesterday. Apparently three of them were impacted (I was told they all looked fine initially, but whatever) and my *** is it painful. Luckily I have lots of T3s to take off the edge, or put me to sleep as it seems even one is good enough to do so. I also have the flu and a chest infection to top it off. Wonderful, really.

So how long did it take before it wasn't painful to eat/smile/do normal things? I think I'll be strictly consuming liquids for the next few days. I tried some KD, but ended up swallowing the noodles whole as it hurts too much to chew.

Posted by KoH

Ya know... I'm 18 years old and I don't even have wisdome teeth. I had to have braces for the earlier part of my teen years, or something close to the metal veresions, in order to close the gaps inbetween my teeth. It's paid off now that I'm 18, but I want wisdom teeth, *******it.

You may have wisdom teeth, you just don't know it. Mine weren't even showing yet, but I had an x-ray of my mouth taken last time I had a cleaning, so the dentist saw they were going to come in within a year. I had no idea. If there is no room in your mouth for the wisdom teeth (my situation) or they are causing problems, they will have to be removed. If that happens, you DO NOT want wisdom teeth. You can't even imagine the pain (my pain, anyways; everyone is different).

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I had the rarest case for impaction, that being the teeth growing a full 90 degrees inward. I waited long enough for a gap to form in between the gum which caused it to inflame every once in awhile. The gum would swell over top of my back molar which would made closing my teeth or opening them wide nearly impossible due to the pain. Fun stuff.

Anywho, it took about three days to heal. Typical you should be able to get them removed on a friday and be healed fully by the time you go back to work on monday.

Posted by KoH

Yeah I should've rephrased: I have wisdom teeth because they showed up on my last x-ray, but they're just not coming in. :(

Posted by Nihilus

Trust me, you want them to stay there.

Posted by Xero

I got them removed in April 2007. 2 months ago. It was painful too. The dentist's gloves were covered with blood. Disgusting experience. I'm glad it's over. I had all 4 pulled off all at once. They offered 2 at a time, but I didn't want to live it twice. I wanted them all away at once. I believe I made the best choice for myself.

I had big cheeks for the following 5 days. People were making jokes about it and it was funny because 2 weeks later, one of the guys who made fun of my big cheeks went to get his wisdom teeth pulled out and had big cheeks as well. :p:

I got to miss 1 day of schoo for that. At least there was that.

Posted by KoH

I want wisdom teeth so that I don't have to use any ******* artificial methods to hold my teeth together.

Posted by Tyler Durden

I had mine removed nearly 3 years ago to this day. I was away in bootcamp, having a regulation first check up (or I'd have to do cleaning duty). Only two of them were mildly impacted, not even any noticable pain until they started poking and prodding at my gum line. The bottom two had to be drilled and have cracks chiseled into them just so the dentist could "break" them out. The tops popped right out, barely any blood until they made me spit out solution. Doc gave me a prescript for Vicodin, like 16 at 750mg. Which, Vicodin's never done anything for me, so I just saved them all up 'til the end and either sold them or popped the rest for my last day of bed rest. Anywho, should heal up in a matter of three to four days. I hardly had any swelling, so I was good mid-day of my second day to eat solid foods and talk **** to my fellow recruits.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Wait, why remove wisdom teeth? My teethology is rather lacking.

Posted by Stalolin

When I got them removed it wasn't too bad, I lied on the sofa for two days and had milkshakes every few hours. Sure, it hurt like hell, but the Hydrocodone fixed that fine, and it even gave me a slight buzz. :cool:

Posted by KoH

Quoting The X: Wait, why remove wisdom teeth? My teethology is rather lacking.

Because they have a habit of crowding the teeth.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Ah, I see. My teeth look fine at the moment.

Posted by Lord of Spam

When I had mine cut out I had no lingering pain or ill side effects afterwards.

Then again I went to a guy who specializes in facial reconstruction surgery, and was recommended by father of a family friend, who happens to be a doctor himself.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I had braces for two and a half years, and the day I got them off they were all "o btw ur wisdom teeth r impactd ^___^", and now my bottom row is pretty ****ed up. What a waste. I should have had them removed immediately, but yeah, thanks for letting me know ahead of time guys. ;_;

I still have to get them removed. I know one of them isn't severely impacted, because I can feel it ripping its way through the top surface of my gums. The other ones have yet to show their faces.

Posted by Klarth

My wisdom teeth are fine. Yes, I'm British, how surprising.

However, when I was ~12 two of my molars were impacted and I had to get them drilled out. Nothing but soup for three weeks. Yay

Posted by mis0

Quoting KoH: but I want wisdom teeth, *******it.

Idiot KoH! Be glad you don't wake up to a mind-splitting headache caused by the bloody things. I'm nineteen and I've been plagued for a good bit now.

Posted by Fate

I'm not sure when wisdom teeth are supposed to show up. I don't have a problem with my teeth and nothing seems to be showing up. How do I know? Is it painful when they grow?

Posted by mis0

Quoting Fate: How do I know?
Oh, you'll know.

[QUOTE=Fate;605929][color=skyblue]Is it painful when they grow?

No, I just made up the thing about the tooth-induced headaches.

Posted by Fate

I mean painful gums with the inability to chew.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Fate: I mean painful gums with the inability to chew.

um.....

yes

Posted by Fate

Cool. I don't feel any of that. Looks like I'm set for a few more years.

Posted by mis0

Some people are lucky enough to not even get the ****ed things. Evolution at work. :cookie:

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Misoxeny: Some people are lucky enough to not even get the ****ed things. Evolution at work. :cookie:

HALT! That's unchristian.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Being Christian is unChristian..

Posted by Xero

Pretty much. Christianity is going down here (in Quebec). Muslims are taking over :eek:

Quoting Misoxeny: Some people are lucky enough to not even get the ****ed things. Evolution at work. :cookie:

**** those people.

If you know you have wisdom teeth and will eventually have to have them removed, GET THEM OUT NOW. It's so much fun!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, get them out soonest. Apparently if you have them removed as an adult it's just that much more painful and slower to heal.

Posted by Xenos

I never had problems with my teeth other than when I was a child, they wouldn't ****ing break off. :( Now, I have a cavity filling tomorrow.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Xenos: Now, I have a cavity filling tomorrow.

Ah that sucks too. Good luck :(

Posted by Klarth

Yeah good luck with the cavity, please don't die :(:(:(:(

Posted by Pit

Quoting Fate: I'm not sure when wisdom teeth are supposed to show up. I don't have a problem with my teeth and nothing seems to be showing up. How do I know? Is it painful when they grow?

SEVENTEEN THROUGH TWENTY ONE

Posted by G-Sides

i don't have wisdom teeth; literally don't have them in my gums, so i can't nor will i ever be able to relate to any of this. 8-)

:) i'm special.

Posted by Xenos

I had mines this morning at eight. :'( It felt so weird. I requested no shots, so I felt a bit of pain.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Pain is ****ing awesome. It's such a rush to have to endure several hours of agonizing pain on the dentist's chair. Only to be served up some ****ty-*** "pain killers" that only mildly help cope with the problem. **** modern science and high tolerance..