Codemasters

Posted by clearlytheman

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/796/796751p1.html

good to see we need more publishers ranking in with the big boys if Codemasters can pull it together I think they will have a bright future on the global scene. I like the looks of Overlord it is something a little different and looks like it may be a surprise hit.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Codemasters has been around for a very looong time, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't really go anywhere. Who knows.

Posted by clearlytheman

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Codemasters has been around for a very looong time, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't really go anywhere. Who knows.

They have been around since 1986 but the original owners have been bought out which is why they are now going global. They also have hired 3 new executives to head up the US, 2 from Konami, and one from Capcom. Who knows they fall on their face but so far Dirt and Overlord are looking good and getting good media reaction I probably won't buy Dirt at least not yet I am content with Forza but I have pre ordered Overlord.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Oh yeah... Dirt. Forgot they were making that. I thought all they had was Overlord which a lot of people seem "wait and see" about. It's unfortunate Dirt is coming out so soon after Forza, not that they are identical, but I think all the sim racing fans will be tied up with Forza for awhile. But hey, the europeans should love it.