Myspace music player ripping.

Posted by lanzer

I need help. im trying to get some tracks [URL="http://www.myspace.com/lastamericanbuffaloband"]off this page[/URL] but for the life of me, i cant seem to find one decent myspace player ripper so far Ive tried:

[URL="http://www.mouseindustries.com/gopher/"]MySpace MP3 Gopher[/URL]
[URL="http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/index_myspace.php"]Replay Media Catcher[/URL]

Replay couldn't connect to the net for some stupid reason and gopher keeps giving me a "could not retrieve a songlist from the target ID. please try again!" error not to mention [URL="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=133832433"]the guy who made it[/URL] will not respond to my PM. So i come to you guys, pleading for help so i can get these tracks for my friend! thank you for any help you guys can give me.

Posted by Trigger

Torrent or peer to peer search the song name, it's faster and easier.

Posted by lanzer

Quoting Trigger: Torrent or peer to peer search the song name, it's faster and easier.

Should've mentioned this, this band is soo rare to find music for that bittorrent, napster, limewire, ED2k, or even Google cant find anything!
thus, this is my only shot. Can anybody help me out?

Posted by Fate

You could try buying the album instead. :/

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: You could try buying the album instead. :/

hahahahaha, but really. If they're on Myspace, someone has their music and it's going to be on google. Hell, if I can find half the music I like, finding material by these guys shouldn't be too difficult. Actually, ask Omni to help you find it. He can find pretty much anything.

Posted by Omni

K, whatever. If I don't find it, it's only because it sucks and nobody wants it. I'm looking, for real.

Posted by Philsdad

Well, if you can't get any of those ripping programs to work, there's always the poor man's way of doing it. What you need to get first is a program called [URL="http://audacity.sourceforge.net/"]Audacity.[/URL] Download and install that on your PC. What you want to do now is open up your sound properties..you can get there by double clicking the little speaker in your task bar, and find where Options are and select Recording preferences. There should be a list of stuff (mic, line in, midi, wave out, etc.) You want to make sure Wave is checked and then click ok. Then another volume control thing will pop up for your recording properties, so make sure that the box for Wave is selected. When this is all set, open up Audacity, and synch up your song to where you want it (the beginning I'm assuming) Try to buffer the entire song first so there's no pauses in there when you play it. When you're ready to go, make sure you have no other programs that make sounds running, click record in Audacity, and then play your song the whole way through. When it's done you can use Audacity to trim the 2 or 3 seconds of silence at the beginning or end of the file.

This is a pretty universal trick for any kind of audio you want to extract into its own file, but can't otherwise.

Posted by Oforia

Yeah, I used to do that for a few songs. The quality can get a lot worse.

Posted by Philsdad

Nah, there shouldn't really be any quality loss if you record it properly. Make sure your volume levels are set appropriately, and that you have enough system resources to do this without it lagging and it should be fine. I've extracted quite a few songs this way over the years, and never had any problems with quality loss.

Posted by Omni

Philsdad, maybe you could just do it for the guy to make it easier for him, since apparently some people can't figure it out so easily.

Posted by lanzer

Quoting Philsdad: Nah, there shouldn't really be any quality loss if you record it properly. Make sure your volume levels are set appropriately, and that you have enough system resources to do this without it lagging and it should be fine. I've extracted quite a few songs this way over the years, and never had any problems with quality loss.

Talking about mic recording right? I've tried doing that and i didnt have any luck couldn't get the quality right but thank you for telling me about that.

Quoting Omni: K, whatever. If I don't find it, it's only because it sucks and nobody wants it. I'm looking, for real.

thank you omni.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: hahahahaha, but really. If they're on Myspace, someone has their music and it's going to be on google. Hell, if I can find half the music I like, finding material by these guys shouldn't be too difficult. Actually, ask Omni to help you find it. He can find pretty much anything.

Give it a shot vamp! google is one of the first things i tried and i didn't have no luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Really, these are for my friend, but its also a challenge since its getting soo hard to find! Dont understand why gopher is failing it was working fine until 2 weeks ago when i was getting that error.

Posted by Omni

Quoting lanzer: Talking about mic recording right? I've tried doing that and i didnt have any luck couldn't get the quality right but thank you for telling me about that.

No, he's talking about using the program called Audacity he linked you to in his first post here to record the audio without the use of a mic, by capturing the sound data played by the embedded player.

Posted by lanzer

Quoting Omni: No, he's talking about using the program called Audacity he linked you to in his first post here to record the audio without the use of a mic, by capturing the sound data played by the embedded player.

Hey if its not mic, ill give it a shot! but first ill see of omni can find anything.

Posted by Philsdad

I made you some files. I'll upload it soon then PM you the link, since this isn't a blog and all and posting that stuff on a Computer board seems kind of sketchy anyhow.

Posted by lanzer

Quoting Philsdad: I made you some files. I'll upload it soon then PM you the link, since this isn't a blog and all and posting that stuff on a Computer board seems kind of sketchy anyhow.

Thank you. guess omni couldn't find anything i thank him for his searching though. These are good rips little static during quiet scenes but otherwise good! Now to the subject at hand, is Myspace's player really that hard to extract Mp3s from without doing what philsdad did?

Posted by Philsdad

Yeah, my bad. It's been awhile since I've done this, I had the volume settings a little high for this recording. I used to do this all the time back a few years ago, I made a lot of SNES soundtracks doing this. There were a lot of games with awesome STs that would never be released anywhere, so I'd make them in Audacity using an SNES emulator. Unfortunately, most of those are gone after my old HDD crashed. I should make some of those again somtime.