What is it with the mods!? PART 2

Posted by Oforia

You guys banned and deleted Ned Hampson's thread. Why? He had a pretty good discussion going there. His intentions weren't negative really and he didn't break any rules.

What's up?

Posted by Omni

The only member who got banned for being a spammer that I miss is Da Vinci.

Posted by Oforia

Ned Hampson wasn't spamming. He was carrying on a legit conversation. I don't see how that is breaking any rules.

Posted by S

I reversed the ban. It was improper as far as I'm concerned. There wasn't nearly enough viable information to conclude he was a troll and worth a ban. And even if he was, the Infraction system was abused as such. Last I heard, banning actual members wasn't in a normal mod's powers unless it was for spam control. As far as the thread goes, that's out of my power.

Posted by Dexter

I was upset about his ban, as well. His posts and thread started what I and others found to be an interesting discussion. I was into it, and then he turned pink. How disappointing. I was curious as to how he was going to handle the argument and I think he was curious for some feedback, too.

Posted by S

Quoting Dexter: I was upset about his ban, as well. His posts and thread started what I and others found to be an interesting discussion. I was into it, and then he turned pink. How disappointing. I was curious as to how he was going to handle the argument and I think he was curious for some feedback, too.

I was actually surprised you didn't reverse it. And yeah, I had plans on responding to that thread too. It's an interesting argument, although very one sided if you ask me.

Posted by Dexter

Reverse the ban? I tried to lift it, but it didn't seem to function properly.

Posted by Oforia

So who is gonna give the explanation for banning him and deleting his thread?

Posted by S

You'll have to ask Vampiro about why he banned him. As far as the thread itself; Echo (Knowing Echo, I doubt it was him.), Fate, or an S-mod can answer that question. I'm not versed enough in thread history. I've never had to use it.

Posted by Roger Smith

Oi, any threads directed to the mods fail horribly. It's a sad truth but someone has to deliver it, sorry guys :(