360: Cache Clearing

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[URL="http://www.joystiq.com/2006/06/09/xbox-360-hdd-cache-clear-code-discovered/"]Guide.[/URL]

I've been advised to do this to fix up a recurring glitch I've been getting in the Shai-Gen area of Crackdown. But before I do it, I'm wondering - are there any possible problems it could cause? All I'm aware of is that it'll delete all my software updates, which shouldn't be a problem. But anything else that could go wrong? According to Microsoft Tech, I'm only supposed to do it alongside other instructions given on the M$ Support Line.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I believe you can do it that way, and also by holding down A through the Xbox slash screen and releasing it before the title screen (boot to disc.) This way you don't have to redownload everything. Then again... that might only be for select titles like Oblivion, but who knows.

but yeah, shouldn't be a problem. Worst case scenario, your profile becomes corrupted and you have to delete it and recover it, but that's pretty unlikely.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Yeah, just clear your cache, and get ready for the minute or so of reloading the first time you put any game in ever. But you have a 360, so you should be prepared for that already.

All it does is clear the temporary files that your 360 accumulates over time. Sometimes it can cause a glitch, but most of the time it's unconnected.