I get laughed at because of pokemon

Posted by harvest-sprite

Lots of the evil people at my school know I like pokemon, and I am not ashamed of it, but they always pick on me for it. Is pokemon babyish? I don't think that THEY should knock it until they've tried it, at least I dont stand on trees smoking fags in my spare time... (I'm going on aren't I?)
Who else gets laughed at? Is it only me? And I'm only in Y9 I reckon theres Y11s who play it still. Do you agree?

Posted by dark_zero

Quoting harvest-sprite: Lots of the evil people at my school know I like pokemon, and I am not ashamed of it, but they always pick on me for it. Is pokemon babyish? I don't think that THEY should knock it until they've tried it, at least I dont stand on trees smoking fags in my spare time... (I'm going on aren't I?)
Who else gets laughed at? Is it only me? And I'm only in Y9 I reckon theres Y11s who play it still. Do you agree?

I'm 14 years old and play pokemon infact one of my fav. passtimes is playing my blue or silver version

Posted by VicE

Once again, I've got you all beat. :) I'm 21 and still a fan of the RPGs.

Just tell yourself, if people are willing to judge you based on your opinions over a video game, then they're the immature ones, not you.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Once again, I've got you all beat. I'm 21 and still a fan of the RPGs.

You've bested me by two years... **** you.

Just tell them to try the game. The RPGs are truely great, and if they can appreciate it, it should shut them up.

Or just ignore them. Who cares?

Posted by Jim-bob

Im a yr 11. I get laughed at more for the fact that i like nintendo rather than because i play pokemon.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting VicE: Once again, I've got you all beat. :) I'm 21 and still a fan of the RPGs.

Just tell yourself, if people are willing to judge you based on your opinions over a video game, then they're the immature ones, not you.

Wow so you are older and play Pokemon, my cousins are in their thrities and play it and I think Master Ash was older than 21 and he was the mod of this board.

Posted by junior senior

Quoting VicE: Once again, I've got you all beat. :) I'm 21 and still a fan of the RPGs.

What about Master Ash?

Pit plays pokemon, and he's in 12th grade. I have to admit, it's an addicting game. I have a pokemon poster that came in a Nickelodeon Magazine (wtf) and it's on my wall. I tell people I have it up there because of the sweet GameCube on it. I haven't played it in a while, but I looovvveee the pinball.

Posted by TheMooChicken

Quoting Jim-bob: Im a yr 11. I get laughed at more for the fact that i like nintendo rather than because i play pokemon.

... And what the hell is wrong with Nintendo?

Posted by Ganon

At my school, Pokemon isn't really talked about, so I haven't really seen anyone being made fun of playing it. I have caught my friend (who's a Sophomore) playing it, and I admit playing it. I know there are a few other of my friends who play it.

I think that people who pick on you for playing it are just being stupid. If they don't like it, then they should keep that to themselves.

Posted by VicE

Quoting TheMooChicken: ... And what the hell is wrong with Nintendo?

Don't you know? NINTNEDO R TEH KIDDY0RZ!!1!111! KEWL PPL ONLY PLYA MAT00R GAEMS U N00B!!!1!11! :sniper: :bangbang: :devil: :flame: :gas:

Er, I better stop before my brain implodes.

But yeah, I meant I'm the oldest one on this topic, at least at the time I posted ^_^; I know there are plenty of people older than I am who play Pokemon, too.

Posted by Shade

It bothers me that a lot of people think that the game are kiddy, but I lend Gold version to my ten year old cousin, and he can't even find Mr. Pokemon. Apparently they're to had for kids to play.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Ganon: At my school, Pokemon isn't really talked about, so I haven't really seen anyone being made fun of playing it. I have caught my friend (who's a Sophomore) playing it, and I admit playing it. I know there are a few other of my friends who play it.

I think that people who pick on you for playing it are just being stupid. If they don't like it, then they should keep that to themselves.

Isn't that the case in almost every school? The kids that like tend to hide it so tha they won't be tormented for days on end and their friends won't abandon them because of their like of Pokemon. Being open to like it in hgihschool is bound to get you rideculed and have a few new enemies to mock you. So I don't say much about it. Most people have left that stage. Most people in school today won't be like OMG Pokemon teh roxorz!!! Yeah! No, it doesn't work like that. To avoid ridecule they hide it, those friends that understand won't care much. I see it all the time, poor kids.

Posted by Project ShadowX

Quoting harvest-sprite: Lots of the evil people at my school know I like pokemon, and I am not ashamed of it, but they always pick on me for it. Is pokemon babyish? I don't think that THEY should knock it until they've tried it, at least I dont stand on trees smoking fags in my spare time... (I'm going on aren't I?)

I still like pokemon and it takes a real man to admit he likes pokemon. Most people who laugh at you are the ones who like it. I have seen many cases when some one laughs at a person who likes kid stuff but the main person who is doing the laughing likes kid stuff. I almost laughed at some one for watching power rangers but I didn't because I grew up liking power rangers.

Posted by sabre

Anyone who laughs at people for playing pokemon must be incredibly insecure.

[edit: ...stand on trees?]

Posted by Shade

Or they lack the ability to be open-minded.

Posted by MetalVox~55

hahahahahaha close thread