The White Stripes

Posted by Fate

So far the single "Icky Thump" is out. I saw it on a commercial for MTV, unaware that it was actually The White Stripes. I found it, bought it, and love it. Anyone else think the album shows promise? I love The White Stripes.

Posted by Xero

I liked "Get behind me Satan" but I didn't know they made a new album. I'll listen to the clip they made to promote the new album (I hope they made one) first.

Good band.

Posted by Fate

You really ought to check out more of their stuff.

Posted by Omni

"Icky Thump" is the only song I've heard by them, and it's actually pretty good. Alastor asked Arcadios to ask me to help him find it when it first came out, and when I got it I enjoyed it, too. I'm definitely going to look into their material.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Fate: You really ought to check out more of their stuff.

Eventually. Right now I'm really focusing on getting all the Vsnares and U-ziq albums. Then I'm planning on getting more Darkthrone albums and THEN I'll get more White Stripes. ;)

Unless the song that promotes Icky Trump is really, but really awesome, it's on the bottom of my list.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Actually, White Stripes are one of the very few radio bands that I can enjoy on occasion. Haven't heard the new stuff yet though.

Posted by Ch

I like their style. Very catchy and actually tolerable. Not the most most skilled musicians but they do what they do well.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

They kinda suck... but I kinda like them in a "I'd never actually listen to this if I didn't have to" way. But they're surprisingly tolerable. Though I haven't heard anything new by them in awhile.

Posted by Fate

Icky Thump is the latest. You could check it out to see if you like them better.

Posted by Omni

"Icky Thump" single by the White Stripes:
[code]http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=ec49db3[/code]

Alternative Rock
12.9 MB

It sounds different than the songs I heard on their MySpace, which I didn't like quite as much. It's just the album version and the radio edit, so it's not a whole album or anything.

Posted by Nihilus

Quoting Xero: I liked "Get behind me Satan" but I didn't know they made a new album. I'll listen to the clip they made to promote the new album (I hope they made one) first.

Good band.

Yeah, that was a great album. Jack White uses alot of deverse music styles. Hell he even does a bluegrass song (Little Ghost). I plan on buying the new album soon. First I plan on buying the John Lennon tribute album, Instant Karma.