What is it with the mods!?

Posted by Oforia

ok, I made a thread about an angry halo 2 kid that was a link to a video. Nothing was wrong with it. It was actually quite humorous.

Now why the hell do the mods delete stuff for no reason!? The thread itself didn't break any rules. There need to be some serious changes around here. It's not fair that random threads are deleted all the time for no reason.

I am calling MOD ABUSE on this one!

Posted by Arcadios

Also, why are personal threads like [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?p=592737#post592737]this[/url] moved to the community board without it having to do with the community?

Posted by Oforia

Yeah I mean WTF!? That's retarded. Who keeps doing this ****!?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

lol ****ty mods are ****ty.

I mean WE HERE AT VGC HAVE STANDARDS

Posted by Oforia

I don't know about you but I expect the mods to give a reason for why they do all this bull****.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

in b4 "well it should've been obvious why it was deleted"

Posted by Oforia

Maybe we can get a better explanation this time then that.

or maybe it will be something like

"there was already a thread for this"

Posted by Oforia

ok wtf. My "[URL="http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=23285"]peeping tom[/URL]" thread was moved to the community board for no reason what so ever. This is another thing that is stupid. Mods moving threads for absolutely no reason. If you take a look at my peeping tom thread, it has nothing at all to do with the community. Actually, it doesn't even make any sense!

This is another example of random bull**** that just makes no sense to me. btw, it was Fate.

[IMG]http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4172/wtfkh9.png[/IMG]

STOP MOVING STUFF FROM OFF TOPIC TO COMMUNITY BOARD FOR NO REASON. IT HAS HAPPENED ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Rumor has it, girls don't know how to mod!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Iris

Topics involving specific members is perfectly appropriate in the community board. What's the big deal? It's not like posts don't count there. As for moving the more popular threads in Off Topic that make more sense in the Community Board, a temporary redirect would be nice. Off Topic threads are often more news related rather than asking the personal opinions or sharing personal stories with the community.

As for the video, I'm not sure who deleted it, but it's kind of a sketchy topic. It's way different from most topics in the gaming board that discuss games, news, and reviews, not just post a funny video link. It's not the kind of thing I'd call mod abuse on.

Posted by Zeta

Haha, 'rumor', he says...

NINJITSU

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Iris: Topics involving specific members is perfectly appropriate in the community board. What's the big deal? It's not like posts don't count there. As for moving the more popular threads in Off Topic that make more sense in the Community Board, a temporary redirect would be nice. Off Topic threads are often more news related rather than asking the personal opinions or sharing personal stories with the community.

As for the video, I'm not sure who deleted it, but it's kind of a sketchy topic. It's way different from most topics in the gaming board that discuss games, news, and reviews, not just post a funny video link. It's not the kind of thing I'd call mod abuse on.

I agree with most of what you said.

I do not think that topic was appropriate for the community board. It was completely off topic, and I am surprised it wasn't deleted. Not everything in the off topic board is news-related.

Even though the game board doesn't have many videos posted, the topic still applied to the forum. It was much more fit to be in the general gaming discussion since it had to do with an angry kid playing halo 2, then off topic which is intended for topics that have nothing to do with games.

By the way, it's not just this which is mod abuse. It has been a issue in the past, and it seems quite surprising that nothing has been done to fix it. Just look at the big issue with Klarth. Relatively speaking, the same thing is happening here.

I agree with you Iris, but I still think that it shouldn't have been deleted. Hell, if it is not supposed to be in the general gaming board, just move it, but don't delete it! Ya'know!?

Posted by G-Sides

Quoting Iris: Topics involving specific members is perfectly appropriate in the community board. What's the big deal? It's not like posts don't count there. As for moving the more popular threads in Off Topic that make more sense in the Community Board, a temporary redirect would be nice. Off Topic threads are often more news related rather than asking the personal opinions or sharing personal stories with the community.

does vgc need to be that specific? i'm sure it isn't you who's doing the movings but i would like to use what you said to kind of elaborate on the unnecessary perfection trying to be attained here. no one gives a **** about most of the things that a few of these mods (namely one, we all know who) prioritize themselves with here; sure, they're cleaning up spam and whatever whatever but they're creating a bunch of ridiculously unneeded drama and confusion among the 'community.' take a chill pill, luvz.

btw the thread shouldn't have been a conflict. personally i thought it would've been fine in general gaming but if anything it should have only warrented a move to the community forum. it's ridiculous that it was deleted.

Posted by Dexter

Wasn't me! I never got to see that video. DO WANT!

Posted by Fate

A member is talking of his personal life. THAT IS COMMUNITY. A member wants to discuss the latest celeb blunder. OFF-TOPIC, AS IT IS IMPERSONAL.

ANYGAY, I accidentally deleted the Halo thread because I was mass-pruning someone's threads at the time. I apologize, as it got caught in the deletion. You can post it again.

Posted by G-Sides

then shouldn't member pix + audio belong in the community forum :S

Posted by Dexter

This reminds me of the time my little sister erased everything on my Nintendo 64 memory card, including all the data on Diddy Kong Racing.

Posted by Fate

Quoting G-Sides: then shouldn't member pix + audio belong in the community forum :S

Yup. But we've had this discussion before.

Posted by Oforia

Well, you better relocate half of the off topic board to the community board then!
here are some threads for starters!

[URL="http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=23417"]So I want a pet [/URL]
[URL="http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=23486"]Worst Class (and/or teacher) you've ever had[/URL]
[URL="http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=23421"]morphine[/URL]
[URL="http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=23185"]wasabi[/URL]
[URL="http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=20064"]Recent Purchases[/URL]

Posted by Dexter

I think I speak for all mods when I say that we don't go around VGC searching and scrutinizing for trivial substances that need our modding. Instead we just fix what we see, when we see it, if it seems strong and worthy enough for our time. AM I RIGHT MY SUPER MOD LADIES!?

Posted by Oforia

peeping tom thread was complete bs

If it is such a big deal, why do you guys mess with the least qualified threads. Several of those seem like they would go in fit a lot better in the community board.

Posted by G-Sides

[quote=Dexter]I think I speak for all mods when I say that we don't go around VGC searching and scrutinizing for trivial substances that need our modding. Instead we just fix what we see, when we see it, if it seems strong and worthy enough for our time. AM I RIGHT MY SUPER MOD LADIES!?

LOL what? am i crazy or do i recall a time a few months ago when two of our mods went through pages and pages of old dead **** and unnecessarily started deleting anything they didn't think was worthy enough to stay on vgc anymore? don't give me that ****; if you didn't try to pick stuff out like that then there wouldn't be as much conflict with these mod decisions as there are right now. i was a super mod for nearly 2 fckn years without causing multiple threads questioning my decisions and my position; it's not a difficult job, nor is it one some of you should take as seriously as you do.

btw ninja'd

Posted by Fate

[URL="http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=23417"]So I want a pet[/URL] I'm not the only mod. This shouldn't be here. Must've missed it. *moved*
[URL="http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=23486"]Worst Class (and/or teacher) you've ever had[/URL] This is one of those debatable ones. While it may deal with personal answers, the question doesn't make it so. If you want to get technical, it could even be a poll.
[URL="http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=23421"]morphine[/URL] *deleted*
[URL="http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=23185"]wasabi[/URL] Debatable. He's stated a personal experience that doesn't call for personal responses. I said before I would've deleted it anyways.
[URL="http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=20064"]Recent Purchases[/URL] Impersonal.

*nutshelled*

Also, G-Sides... I respect you as a member and former S-mod. HOWEVER, I wasn't demodded for my actions because it wasn't a big deal. You bringing it up implies it was a bigger deal. I was bored. I value the places I mod, believe it or not. I also don't like clutter and repeat threads because it pushes better threads down. Feeling nostalgic? Want to find a specific thread you posted in before? Search. You'll find it better with what I did.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Fate:
[URL="http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=20064"]Recent Purchases[/URL] Impersonal.

How the **** is that impersonal!? "What recent purchases have [SIZE="4"]you[/SIZE] made?" The keyword being you. Not sure if you missed that, but that is pretty ****ing personal.

Posted by Fate

Impersonal, though debatable and I can tell you why.

Discuss the item you bought, not about how you feel about it.

Posted by Omni

Mixman, why? Just why?

Posted by Dexter

Man, G-Man, you know it was that newbie Iris girl. She was barely legal back then.

Posted by Ant

protip: if you don't want them messing with your threads post them in the blogs section :)

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Fate: Impersonal, though debatable and I can tell you why.

Discuss the item you bought, not about how you feel about it.

But it is still on a personal level. Discuss the item YOU, again keyword there, bought.

By your logic, it is not off topic.

Posted by Fate

We've had this discussion before you've even registered, son. Discuss the item purchased. THE ITEM BOUGHT. JUST BECAUSE YOU BOUGHT IT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S PERSONAL. A good example would be this:

"Do you watch baseball?"
-"I watch baseball with my dad all the time. I'm wondering if there's any other baseball lovers out there."
-"Dude, **** yeah I love baseball. Did you see A-Rod last week? Holy crap."
-"Yeah, I remember that inning where he hit a home run."
-"He was lucky."

The original thread-starter said something personal. The way the thread carried, they discussed the sport rather than personal feelings on the mother****ing sport. SEE?

This thread sucks.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Fate: We've had this discussion before you've even registered, son. Discuss the item purchased. THE ITEM BOUGHT. JUST BECAUSE YOU BOUGHT IT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S PERSONAL. A good example would be this:

"Do you watch baseball?"
-"I watch baseball with my dad all the time. I'm wondering if there's any other baseball lovers out there."
-"Dude, **** yeah I love baseball. Did you see A-Rod last week? Holy crap."
-"Yeah, I remember that inning where he hit a home run."
-"He was lucky."

The original thread-starter said something personal. The way the thread carried, they discussed the sport rather than personal feelings on the mother****ing sport. SEE?

Oh, and yes, because you did buy the item, it makes it personal. Same logic still applies no matter how you want to twist it.

I will tell you why it makes it personal. The items themselves, they are not personal; however, since you bought them, you are sharing what you, personally, bought with the community. That definitely doesn't fall under the "off topic" category. It is a community topic because members are sharing what they, personally, bought with each other.

You could apply your same logic to another thread to explain why something would stay in the off topic forum.

In the "I want a pet" thread.

The original thread was talking about how KoH wants a pet. But eventually it evolved into what pets are better than others and why he should get an individual pet. While it is not the same concept as the recent purchases thread, the same logic applies. The thread can evolve into many different way that don't necessarily deal with the beginning topic. But that doesn't constitute moving it does it?
Because you could move a thread to several different forums if you move it whenever the conversation changes.

You are supposed to place the thread in the correct forum based on what the original post, and/or, topic is about.

Posted by Omni

Mixman is apparently the one who makes the rules, and not the moderators themselves.

Posted by Fate

WE HAD THIS DISCUSSION. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE PURCHASE DOESN'T MAKE IT PERSONAL. HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THE ITEM IN QUESTION IS IRRELEVANT, AS THE THREAD DOESN'T WARRANT AN ANSWER OTHER THAN THE ITEM ITSELF.

It starts off as Community and it stays in Community. Where it goes from there is not my concern.

Like in my example, the thread could've gone to personal levels. It did not.

I ALSO stated before that I'm not the only mod. I missed KoH's thread. End of.

I suppose you think the "Games you own" thread IS PERSONAL, RIGHT? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Fate: WE HAD THIS DISCUSSION. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE PURCHASE DOESN'T MAKE IT PERSONAL.

typing in all caps doesn't make it true either.

oh and, yes it does because it still has to do with the item you bought. The thread is about what members bought, not the items themselves. Which makes it takes the whole discussion to a personal level.

Posted by Fate

Decapitalizing unsarcastically doesn't make you smarter.

And no, it doesn't.
:)

Posted by Oforia

There's no point in arguing. Agree to disagree.
----

Worst Class (and/or teacher) you've ever had

Ok this one is definitely personal then so you can go ahead and move that.

Posted by Dexter

Nitpicking, perfectionist *****.

Posted by Oforia

If you mods weren't so nitpicking, we wouldn't have a problem would we?

Posted by Fate

This guy thinks he's right.

In that thread, someone could've just said a class. They didn't have to provide a reason. They could've even said it matter-of-factly, like saying the class is virutally useless without providing personal information.

However, as the thread went, it probably should be in Community.

Also, if you would quit being a superfag for a minute, I said it was an accident. **** YOU.

Posted by Oforia

Hell yeah it should. What is your best/worst class? My best class is: blah blah blah

C'mon. Just because I don't have a high rep power or I haven't been here since 2002 doesn't mean I am a complete idiot.

Posted by Arcadios

I'd say The Community board should be just about things that go on in the community as in VGC as a whole. Off Topic should be more personal if it applies to a situation of a certain individual or asking if others have gone through that experience.

Posted by Dexter

I barely look to see what the thread is in. Unless it is really about someone or someone else from VGC and I notice it isn't in the off topic forum will I replace it. I barely nitpick such details. I'd instead let it flow naturally.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Dexter: I barely look to see what the thread is in. Unless it is really about someone or someone else from VGC and I notice it isn't in the off topic forum will I replace it. I barely nitpick such details. I'd instead let it flow naturally.

Thus how it should be done. But obviously that hasn't been the case with vgc in the recent past.

btw, I am not pointing any fingers.

Posted by Dexter

*points at girl*

Posted by Oforia

Anyways, Fate I apologize for arguing and what not. I don't have anything against you personally. I just disagreed on that one aspect of the forums, etc.

Obviously, I am not the only one.

Quoting Fate:
Also, if you would quit being a superfag for a minute, I said it was an accident. **** YOU.

That's unnecessary and immature. I was merely raising a concern. No need for personal insults, as they go nowhere.

Posted by Dexter

I think Fate is the closest thing to me when it comes to modding. I'd vote for her as a super mod, easily. :cool:

WE LOVE YOUS FATE!

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Fate:

By the way, were you just trying to find a reason to attack me? Because I wasn't even questioning that thread anymore.

Posted by Iris

G-Sides: A few months ago? more like over half a year ago, but whatev. :(

Dexter: It certainly wasn't just me deleting old spam threads. We've been over this. I was pretty lenient, and Jesse evn posted a log of the stuff I deleted. It was just old locked spam threads. That's why they were in the back, not just because they hadn't gotten posts in a while.

You are right about the one thing though. Something trivial like this isn't a huge priority to mods, but we'll make the appropriate modification if we find it necessary or even just come across the thread and know where it'd be better. It's not something we really look out for, but it does make things looked a little more organized when we find it. At least I do.

Mr Nintendo: The forums already have specific guidelines, it's never really changed. It's just that the amount of nitpicking fluctuates often.

It seems both parties have apologized, so this really shouldn't be dragged out any further.

Posted by Oforia

Let me get this straight. The same thing happened with Klarth. His posts were deleted for no reason really which was really sketchy. It isn't a big deal; however, when this happens on a consistent basis, it really starts to get annoying. I think members are nitpicking for a reason.

And what other party apologized?

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Jesse Smith;592785]Rumor has it, girls don't know how to mod!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Haha. Sooooo ****in' true, omfg.. rotflmmfao.
Shut up Iris.

Edit: Spoiler: Mixman and I are 'peeps'..

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Mixman: The same thing happened with Klarth. His posts were deleted for no reason really which was really sketchy.

No. There were plenty of reasons for him losing posts. I believe I mentioned some already, but just to sum a little of it up, he was making trivial threads and flippant posts to test what he could get away with. He was playing with the super mods, trapping us into removing them so he could score 76 mega drama points and get some over-reaction which really wasn't over reacting at all. He was being lame, super mod came to save the day, owned the situation, he deserved it, etc.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Fate;592909][COLOR=skyblue]Also, if you would quit being a superfag for a minute, I said it was an accident. **** YOU.[/COLOR]

Such maturity in a moderator! Brilliant! :D

Quoted post: It seems both parties have apologized, so this really shouldn't be dragged out any further.

wait, we're still on a website called vee gee cee... right?

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Dexter: No. There were plenty of reasons for him losing posts. I believe I mentioned some already, but just to sum a little of it up, he was making trivial threads and flippant posts to test what he could get away with. He was playing with the super mods, trapping us into removing them so he could score 76 mega drama points and get some over-reaction which really wasn't over reacting at all. He was being lame, super mod came to save the day, owned the situation, he deserved it, etc.

You are right, to an extent. Some of his posts were retarded. However, some of the threads he created and posts he made should not have been deleted. This argument already happened in the other thread so there is no need to bring it here.

Posted by Fate

I did apologize. I apologized in the FIRST ****ING POST I MADE. SEE?

Quoting Fate: [color=skyblue]ANYGAY, I accidentally deleted the Halo thread because I was mass-pruning someone's threads at the time. I apologize, as it got caught in the deletion. You can post it again.

Will this convince you to stop being a bag of douche for no reason? Ya-ha! Nothing personal, bro. Just sayin'.

OT is for things not relating to the community. Community is for things relating to the community. OT can be personal, but only if the subject isn't, such as a celeb thread. That's pretty much it. I just click on "New Posts" every time I visit. I don't always look at what thread is where since I'm not an S-mod. Occasionally I visit the actual board I moderate, but not often. What threads are there are there.[/color]

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Mixman: However, some of the threads he created and posts he made should not have been deleted.

Not any of the ones I got.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Fate: I did apologize. I apologized in the FIRST ****ING POST I MADE. SEE?

Will this convince you to stop being a bag of douche for no reason? Ya-ha! Nothing personal, bro. Just sayin'.

OT is for things not relating to the community. Community is for things relating to the community. OT can be personal, but only if the subject isn't, such as a celeb thread. That's pretty much it. I just click on "New Posts" every time I visit. I don't always look at what thread is where since I'm not an S-mod. Occasionally I visit the actual board I moderate, but not often. What threads are there are there.

Well, you know that when you replace an apology with insults, it nullifies it.

it's like saying, "I'm sorry you're an idiot..."
I said I was sorry for ****ing you off or whatever and exploiting the whole thing; however, I think that you should have handled the situation in a more mature way rather than spitting at me. The mods are supposed to keep everything inline and guide the members. Not isolate them and insult them for raising a concern.

Posted by Iris

The Klarth fiasco is completely irrelevant since that was a different mod doing it, and for different reasons.

Not to raise any issues, but some of Klarth's posts in the wacko board were deleted too, which should not have been done. Still, it's over with now and shouldn't be debated any further.

Mixman, it's kind of strange how people think we try to be overly organized and perfectionists, but now something like professional composure at all times is suddenly vital to being a good mod? It's not that easy to maintain a polite attitude with constant *****ing coming from all sides, and it's not that important if you're at least capable of good judgement.

Look, you're right, it's just a message board and it's not that serious of a job. However, the same is true for the members. Nitpicking at mod decisions isn't appreciated any more than mods nitpicking at the threads in their respective boards.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Dexter: Not any of the ones I got.

I didn't say it was you

Quoting Iris: The Klarth fiasco is completely irrelevant since that was a different mod doing it, and for different reasons.

Not to raise any issues, but some of Klarth's posts in the wacko board were deleted too, which should not have been done. Still, it's over with now and shouldn't be debated any further.

Mixman, it's kind of strange how people think we try to be overly organized and perfectionists, but now something like professional composure at all times is suddenly vital to being a good mod? It's not that easy to maintain a polite attitude with constant *****ing coming from all sides, and it's not that important if you're at least capable of good judgement.

Look, you're right, it's just a message board and it's not that serious of a job. However, the same is true for the members. Nitpicking at mod decisions isn't appreciated any more than mods nitpicking at the threads in their respective boards.

I agree with what you said, but I am going to add a few things.

1. The wacko board problem has yet to be fixed. Bakura's thread was just deleted yesterday. The one about Klarth smelling like dick or whatever. I know it is stupid spam; however, it is also stupid that the wacko university is intended to be a safe haven for spam and the mods keep deleting threads. They aren't even supposed to do any moderating in that forum. That is a recent example. The problem has still yet to be fixed.

2. The complaint forum is here for a reason. If we do not point out whenever something has gone wrong, the problem will never be fixed. Members have to tell the mods when something is wrong, because the mods, at their current state, are not really fixing the problems themselves. You don't see mods coaching other mods on how moderate the threads.

Posted by Dexter

I have permission to remove whatever I want from the wacko forum. What I did was allowed and should be understood by now. We've discussed the rules before. Yes, it is a free-for-all forum where members can do to goof off, but anything too offensive (profanity, subject matter, etc) can be removed whenever we mods feel like removing it. Inappropriate threads are still not allowed. A lot of them have been getting through without being touched, but don't think that there are no reasons to physically remove material from the wacko forum, especially when a member deserves it. You guys shouldn't even be caring about what gets taken out of there. Nothing's worth a penny.

Posted by Fate

If I had handled the situation in a "more mature manner bleh" or what have you, would it have ceased the *****ing? Would it have ceased the dickary? I don't think so. I apologized very nicely at first, but when you chose to ignore that I can ignore your current good manners and call you a prick. :cookie:

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Dexter: Yes, it is a free-for-all forum where members can do to goof off, but anything too offensive (profanity, subject matter, etc) can be removed whenever we mods feel like removing it.

Then wouldn't everyone of Poco's threads be deleted from there?

Posted by Fate

Tut tut, they would!

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Fate: If I had handled the situation in a "more mature manner bleh" or what have you, would it have ceased the *****ing? Would it have ceased the dickary? I don't think so. I apologized very nicely at first, but when you chose to ignore that I can ignore your current good manners and call you a prick. :cookie:

It doesn't matter if it would have ceased the complaining. The point is, is that you handle the situation in a professional manner without making yourself look like a bitch.

You apologized about the first thing but continued to argue the second thing. That's fine, I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is that you directly insulted me afterwards for raising a concern. That is a very immature way to handle the situation. I stopped arguing about the community board but you kept going by insulting me.

So the "dickary" already stopped before the immaturity began.

Posted by Dexter

Quoted post: Then wouldn't everyone of Poco's threads be deleted from there?

Maybe if I weren't so lazy. I don't really go there simply to look or remove offensive material. If a members being really bad, I might notice them more and decide that they need to cool it off and start physically removing their garbage. Poco has garbage, but some of his threads have started some decent conversations, especially for the wacko forum, so I haven't bothered much with him.

There is always going to be material missed but we get what we want/can and now you know why stuff might be removed from that forum, k?

Posted by Omni

Poco's threads also don't usually involve toilet humor and sexual innuendos like Bakura's, and they're actually pretty funny most of the time.

Posted by Fate

OH, ***, I'M SO IMMATURE NOW. I'm not the one who raised a *****y fit after the apology was stated. Basically, my apology should've ended the entire discussion. But no, you wanted to play the dick for a moment and point out **** to me specifically, instead of the entire modbase responsible for the threads in question. You want to play mod by telling me how to do my job? Please. PLEASE.

Don't talk to me about immaturity. I have no personal problems with you but you're most certainly being a superdouche. You tell me how to do what I was voted to do as if you know more about it. This should've ended long ago.

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, I'm kinda into what Poco does. He has a few game-related topics in there that can be randomfied. Some of the other members simply have a lack of sexual experience and feel frustrated and thus vent it all out in a most dreadful, offensive, not-even-worthy-of-being-in-da-wacko-forum sort of way. I feel no guilt for removing that junk. It doesn't even belong in the wacko forum or anywhere on VGC. That's not what it is about.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Fate: OH, ***, I'M SO IMMATURE NOW. I'm not the one who raised a *****y fit after the apology was stated. Basically, my apology should've ended the entire discussion. But no, you wanted to play the dick for a moment and point out **** to me specifically, instead of the entire modbase responsible for the threads in question. You want to play mod by telling me how to do my job? Please. PLEASE.

Don't talk to me about immaturity. I have no personal problems with you but you're most certainly being a superdouche. You tell me how to do what I was voted to do as if you know more about it. This should've ended long ago.

Don't you realize that there were two concerns? I stopped questioning the first one. I didn't address the problem any further after you apologized. That was about the halo 2 thread.

After that, I raised a second concern, which we continued to debate about. There was never an apology for that, as I didn't expect there to be one. I was just expressing a concern. I only pointed you out because I saw that you were the one who moved the thread. I wasn't necessarily bashing you for doing so, but I just wanted more or less an explanation. There is nothing wrong with debating about something.

Then you decided to insult me. Can't you see the second concern was nothing but a moot point? It can go either way. There is no reason to take it to a personal level by directly insulting me. That is why I said that it was immature to do so. Now who is being the superdouche?

Posted by Fate

No, sir, you insulted my intelligence by boldfacing and enlarging the word "you" as if it wasn't clear what you were saying. You were telling me, directly, how to do my job. The fact that you were talking directly to me is insulting as well, as you put the blame spotlight solely on me. I even, unnecessarily, provided you with insight to the process of my moderation, but I guess you overlooked that, too. So again, **** you.

Posted by Oforia

Well at least you understand there were two issues now, so that makes your other post irrelevant.

As for this, I never directly insulted you. You obviously can infer conversations in several different ways on the internet. Just because that is what you got out of my conversation, doesn't make it true. In the big picture, I didn't single you out. I just was addressing a concern for all the mods and I was wondering why you moved so many threads to the community board. It isn't a big deal. That isn't an insult. I capitalized you to place an emphasis on why the word "you" is personal. I wasn't saying "YOU" as in talking directly at you, Fate. That one was obvious. I wasn't telling you how to do your job, I was merely debating about what should have been done. Since when is that insulting? Quit trying to turn the tables and make me the "bad guy". I didn't come out and call you a superfag or anything to that effect.

You have no case to start playing victim.

Posted by Fate

The boldfaced "you" wasn't aimed at me, I know. You made it stand out as if I couldn't possibly comprehend that the word "you" was in the thread title, an unnecessary emphasis, thus insulting my intelligence.

Now in order to turn tables, you must be implying that I'm the villain here. GET OUT OF TOWN!

Posted by Oforia

Now you are reaching in thin air.

There was a need for emphasis, as I believed it was necessary to prove the point. Still, in my mind, you failed to receive my point, at which point I put a greater emphasis on the word "you". At no point did I attempt to insult your intelligence.

Again, you have no case. Just drop it.

Posted by Tyler Durden

All Mods are ridiculously stupid and asinine without fail, no contest gtfo!

Posted by Fate

no contest lol

he's wrong so i should drop it

Posted by Tyler Durden

You're half right Fate.. but only about the dropping it-part.

[quote=Dexter;593168]I have permission to remove whatever I want from the wacko forum. What I did was allowed and should be understood by now. We've discussed the rules before. Yes, it is a free-for-all forum where members can do to goof off, but anything too offensive (profanity, subject matter, etc) can be removed whenever we mods feel like removing it. Inappropriate threads are still not allowed. A lot of them have been getting through without being touched, but don't think that there are no reasons to physically remove material from the wacko forum, especially when a member deserves it. You guys shouldn't even be caring about what gets taken out of there. Nothing's worth a penny.

Apparently, you don't know dogdick about Mod Abuse.. Removing and moving **** to your own leisure or as you deem unfit, or simply just unnecessary by your OWN standards is a personal bias that not everyone shares. So shut up old man..

Posted by S

Quoting Down The Sun: All Mods are ridiculously stupid and asinine without fail, no contest gtfo!

/bow

Both of you should just drop it. Problem is solved, now you're just having it out in public. Can this be better placed in PMs, you think? If it must continue, that is.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Fate: no contest lol

he's wrong so i should drop it

oh so your actions were perfectly justified just because I was wrong at first about the community board?

Please...shut the **** up.

Quit playing victim. Quit saying that I insulted you by placing emphasis on a word. You can't resolve issues like this by saying "no contest". It would be wise for you to drop it. I have already dropped the argument but you continued to play victim with this post:
Quoted post: OH, ***, I'M SO IMMATURE NOW. I'm not the one who raised a *****y fit after the apology was stated. Basically, my apology should've ended the entire discussion. But no, you wanted to play the dick for a moment and point out **** to me specifically, instead of the entire modbase responsible for the threads in question. You want to play mod by telling me how to do my job? Please. PLEASE.

It's not my fault that you couldn't see past the moot point or that you never realized that there were two complaints, and not just one.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Down The Sun: Apparently, you don't know dogdick about Mod Abuse.. Removing and moving **** to your own leisure or as you deem unfit, or simply just unnecessary by your OWN standards is a personal bias that not everyone shares. So shut up old man..

I can use my own judgment in my actions. I wouldn't have physically removed it if it wasn't deserving. What one might find deserving I could find useful and leave alone. This job takes a lot of our own ideas to run. We all have different intentions for VGC and I believe that we all care about this place to some extent. I know I care about the state of VGC and I do try to do what's best for the community, the members and the complications and various other aspects. What are you even saying? I removed offensive material. That's what I am supposed to do. Poco does contain some offensive material but he also carries a few conversations that are actually some of the best we have in the wacko forum right now. I don't like Poco myself, but I know that a few others will enjoy his convos, so I let them go. Get over it. Stop being a punk.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Dexter;593259]Blah blah blah blahimafagblah blah blah blah..Get over it. Stop being a punk.

Any position of control or authority requires thinking for the better of the community as a whole. That part I understand, dip****..

Posted by Dexter

And that's exactly what I was doing. Offensive material is supposed to be removed, but most of us agree that's it is ok, especially in small amounts, but when there is an abundance of it, I might just start removing it. That's best for the community, I think. And stop thinking I'm doing this job according to only my standards, thinking I'm punishing people because I don't like them and allowing others that I like to get by with their material. I like Klarth as a person much more than Poco and when I punish Klarth people assume I don't like him while I let Poco get away with things even though I don't like him. I choose what I think is best for the community, as I'm sure all mods try to do.

Posted by Tyler Durden

*yawn*

Posted by Arcadios

lol look closer

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=23160
http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=22808

Posted by Tyler Durden

It's funny how you can say very little-to nothing, and Dexter has to garbble up some long over exaggerated speech about how and why he is so right and why his **** doesn't smell. You're still full of ****, Dexter. Very much full of ****, plain and simple.. Quit acting like an oppressed fag.

Posted by Oforia

lol, way to go all out

Posted by Dexter

You say very little because you have nothing to say at all. You're just moaning 'cause you don't like the way I roll and see an opportunity to vent it and I'm simply in the mood to respond to it in relevance to the subject at hand.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Wow, that totally like omg, blew me away. Such flair, such panache.. Quit acting like a faggot, Dexter

Posted by Oforia

finally, some drama at vgc.

There's one thing that vgc needs more of and that's Drama!!!!

(no sarcasm intended)

Posted by Dexter

Down, I was hoping you'd bring this somewhere but you're just killing any chance we have at an interesting debate/argument. Bring on da drama! It good for the community!

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Dexter;593284]Oh my mouth hurts so bad, because I suck so hard.

No, VGC doesn't need drama. What it DOES need, is to be shut down. And Dexter, please quit being a faggot. Seriously, like no way can you expect me to take this argument up when this is just some inane internet chat-forum.. full of fairies and faggots like you.

Posted by Dexter

You're no fun. :(

Posted by Tyler Durden

Your mouth is no fun..

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Down The Sun: faggot.

You think that is a suitable derogatory term for something that you don't like?

wtf talk about rude :(

Posted by Tyler Durden

Would you prefer I call you a witch, instead. Because you always act like one, and deserve a rather good, hard smacking from time to time..

Posted by Dexter

I could so beat you up in real life. I'd use my parkour skills and powerful dexterity to a maximum in order to come out victorious. You only act tough online 'cause you wimpy in person and get bullied by the wives at the laundry mat, hypochondriac.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Wow, that's good enough material to wipe my *** with. If I actually gave a **** to what you were whining about. Seriously, just shut the **** up. I could so take you on in real life, hell, I'd just end it quick by choking you out like a little punk-*****. None of those faggoty Naruto antics like Panic and you fantasize about enacting on your honeymoon.

Let the record stand, that Dexter sounds like one of those net-tough faggotass kids on Xbox Live.

Posted by Dexter

I'd like to get you in a small shed deep in the wilderness and pour gasoline all over the walls and set fire to it and listen to you scream in terror and searing anguish as the flames consume your flesh, my nostrils flaring as they inhale that ambrosial scent of rotting flesh and retribution for all the aural pain and agony you've caused me for so long! Then hours later, sodomize whatever's left of your whiny newbie-sounding corpse while I howl in worship to the sinister demons of the night.

Posted by Oforia

DTS = 8
Dexter = 8

We need a tiebreaker

Posted by Dexter

Oh, come on, my attacks do far more damage.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Dexter;593307]I'd like to get you in a small shed deep in the wilderness and pour gasoline all over the walls and set fire to it and listen to you scream in terror and searing anguish as the flames consume your flesh, my nostrils flaring as they inhale that ambrosial scent of rotting flesh and retribution for all the aural pain and agony you've caused me for so long! Then hours later, sodomize whatever's left of your whiny newbie-sounding corpse while I howl in worship to the sinister demons of the night.

That's some of the gayest **** I've ever heard, have you been watching 'Cabin By The Lake', AGAIN?!

Posted by Oforia

it's not based on damage, it's based on insulting posts :D

lmfao

DTS = 9
Dexter = 8

Posted by Omni

This thread has gone on for so much longer than was necessary.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Dexter;593310] ..my attacts do far more damage.

Did I notice a quiver in action? Misspelling words is a sure sign of limiting frustration. Am I getting to you that badly, momma's boy?

[quote=Omni;593316]This thread has gone on for so much longer than was necessary.
Oh you just stay out of it, pansy..

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Down The Sun: That's some of the gayest **** I've ever heard, have you been watching 'Cabin By The Lake', AGAIN?!

Never seen. Apparently, clues weren't of token distribution in the primitive village whence you originate.

Quoted post: Did I notice a quiver in action? Misspelling words is a sure sign of limiting frustration. Am I getting to you that badly, momma's boy?

It was a typo.

Posted by Oforia

uh oh

DTS= 10
Dexter = 9

Posted by Omni

Quoting Down The Sun: Oh you just stay out of it, pansy..

I'm sick of your abuse. I'm leaving you.

Posted by Iris

Actualy, to my recollection, the very point of the wacko board was that it's literally anything goes. The rules were simply no porn, and I'm not even sure if we weren't going to allow advertising in there. Regardless, even stupid, immature, and profane threads are allowed, and that was the very basis behind the forum. Bakura's threads are idiotic, but they're allowed. So are Poco's. If they weren't, both would've just been banned from VGC all-together.

Until Jesse actually admits to allowing you to delete what you please from the wacko board, that constitutes as mod abuse from me.

Until then, locked.

Posted by Dexter

I've PMed him about what we should allow and what he would like us to eradicate. It doesn't matter what forum it is in, he doesn't like it on VGC altogether.

Posted by Iris

Until he says that himself, I'm not going to assume the same rules for content apply in the wacko board.

Posted by Dexter

Rules like that are for all of VGC, not just the main parts. It has always been that way.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Ack!!!!!!!!!!! As a wise man once said.....

Quoting Mixman: finally, some drama at vgc.

There's one thing that vgc needs more of and that's Drama!!!!

Quoting Dexter: Bring on da drama! It good for the community!

er, dis thread should be unlocked to have drama!!!!! :D:D:D

*Prepairs to drob a bombshell.* :D:D:D

Quoting Mixman: Bakura's thread was just deleted yesterday.

Quoting Dexter: but anything too offensive (profanity, subject matter, etc) can be removed whenever we mods feel like removing it. Inappropriate threads are still not allowed.

Quoting Omni: Poco's threads also don't usually involve toilet humor and sexual innuendos like Bakura's, and they're actually pretty funny most of the time.

I mass pruned all of Bakura's stuff there!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

OK, I'll give you all 10 seconds to get over da shock, and get up off the floor from fainting!!!!! :D:D Just about EVERYTHING he posted was about you know what kind of stuff!!!!!! Now some one start a thread about that down at Wacko University so he can be in da drama!!!! :D:D:D

Quoting Arcadios: Then wouldn't everyone of Poco's threads be deleted from there?

Blah!!!!! I've oh so much wanted to delete those!!! As he puts Wacko University to shame!!! He's not even close to being a wacko!!!! :D:D:D Iris, you got my permission to mass prune all his *yawn* threads!!! *ducks* :D:D:D

Posted by Oforia

Thanks for unlocking it for drama's sake.

Now who wants to start a fight?

Posted by Arcadios

So...just a reminder, what's the purpose of the Wacko University?

Posted by Omni

Crazy threads that don't fit anywhere else and a place to annoy people who despise Wackoism.

Posted by fates warning

My freind George, his thread "I am looking for freinds" was just erased. This is MOD ABUSE.

Posted by Iris

I deleted it because it was retarded. :)

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=fates warning;593484]My freind George, his thread "I am looking for freinds" was just erased. This is MOD ABUSE.

now you're just being silly

Posted by fates warning

But....just because people were spamming his thread, doesnt mean the whole thread should be erased!!! amiright??

Posted by Stalolin

Being 90% sure that all of the new accounts were Poco, then yeah, I'd think the thread was solely made to troll the forums.

Posted by fates warning

woah, dont tell me george is poco too!!!

Posted by Omni

I think George is someone else, because he was around before Poco got banned.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Iris: I deleted it because it was retarded. :)

Jeez, Iris, as an S-mod you should know that it could've just been moved to the Intro area. Ya dumb *****. :rolleyes:

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Iris;593488]I deleted it because it was retarded. :)

May I be the bearer of your children?

[quote=Fate;593547][COLOR=skyblue]Jeez, Iris, as an S-mod you should know that it could've just been moved to the Intro area. Ya dumb *****.[/COLOR] :rolleyes:

That tears it. You're out of the Cool-kids Club.

Posted by Hochiminh

Ah, who really cares...it's just threads. If it warrents a delete, it's deleted; if it doesn't or off-topic, it can be moved or deleted. I'm a mod on a different site. Keeping things tidy is good, but complaining about a topic is kind of BS, but you can always do another one. It's not the end of the world. *listens to REM song*

Posted by KoH

Hey, shut up. This is topic for people who matter.

Whoa, this thread grew three pages in around twelve hours. Man, we haven't had a good mod-complaint thread in awhile. This isn't one of them, but almost!

Posted by Ant

Yeaaaaaaaaaah, yeah. :( They're all right on the fringe of being valid, but always fail and leave me thinking that iris and fate were valid in their actions FOR THE MOST PART.

soon though...soon.

Posted by Hochiminh

Quoting KoH: Hey, shut up. This is topic for people who matter.

Who matter? Hey not everyone is an internet geek. I may be on the web a lot, but that doesn't mean I don't have other stuff to do, like working. I'm not making excuses, but I don't see the fuss about it. If mods want to tidy up or adjust things, then let them do their thing. Well, there's my 2 cents...

Quoted post: Yeaaaaaaaaaah, yeah. They're all right on the fringe of being valid, but always fail and leave me thinking that iris and fate were valid in their actions FOR THE MOST PART.

soon though...soon.

Yeah, it's only good when Iris and Fate are basically completely wrong, yet still argue their point for a good seven pages, at least.

Quoted post:
Who matter? Hey not everyone is an internet geek. I may be on the web a lot, but that doesn't mean I don't have other stuff to do, like working. I'm not making excuses, but I don't see the fuss about it. If mods want to tidy up or adjust things, then let them do their thing. Well, there's my 2 cents...

No one cares about your two cents.

Posted by Ant

WELCOME TO VGC!!!!

Posted by Hochiminh

Quoting Ant: WELCOME TO VGC!!!!

Who me? Thanks, I guess.

No, me. I just registered three years ago.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Hochiminh;593595]*listens to REM song*
R.E.M. sucks, douchbag..

[quote=KoH;593609]Hey, shut up. This is topic for people who matter.
Yeah people who matter are not people who listen to R.E.M., fag..

[quote=Hochiminh;593637]Who matter? Hey not everyone is an internet geek. I may be on the web a lot, but that doesn't mean I don't have other stuff to do, like working. I'm not making excuses, but I don't see the fuss about it. If mods want to tidy up or adjust things, then let them do their thing. Well, there's my 2 cents...
I see your two cents, and I raise it with my 3 cents of obscurity..

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;593640]No one cares about your two cents.
I have this vision, that I will someday live in a fortress. A 'Fortress of DOOM!' With Vamp' as my sub-boss, and MegaMan will come to try and stop us from plundering Canada of all it's glacial ice in hopes of making the World's largest beer cooler.

[quote=Ant;593643]WELCOME TO VGC!!!!
Thank you's Ant!!!!

[quote=Hochiminh;593670]Who me? Thanks, I guess.
Go away, dildo. This thread is not for dildos.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;593687]No, me. I just registered three years ago.
No, me asswipe. I registered three years ago, first!

MULTIQUOTE DRIFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Thank *** that Mexican showed up and derailed the thread! :D

Posted by KoH

Looks Jewish to me. :( Or italian.

*******it I can't tell.

Posted by Omni

Jewish. You can tell because he looks like he's been persecuted for thousands of years. Also, his nose is big.

Posted by KoH

Italians have big noses too.

Posted by Nihilus

Whats the deal with the Donkey Kong shirt, is he trying to sell stuff or what? BTW, Italian for sure.

Posted by Fate

Quoting KoH: Italians have big noses too.

"wop nose"

Posted by Tyler Durden

Maybe he's just another dirty-donkey white boy from the trailer parks, with what I'd like to call 'the saddest excuse for a skank-stash'?

And we never heard from him again.

Posted by Hochiminh

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: And we never heard from him again.
Whoops...still HERE!

Posted by Nihilus

Quoting Hochiminh: Whoops...still HERE!

Crap

Posted by Tyler Durden

*** **** it mother ****ing ******* ***** whore pussyfaced dick scum!!!

Gtfo..

Posted by Iris

Thread has deviated enough. Take stupid tripe elsewhere.

Posted by Jesse Smith

grrrr!!!! But this thread should be generating drama!!!! :D:D:D:D