Apple Safari

Posted by Proto Man

For those who don't know, Apple has now made their Safari browser compatible with Windows. It is currently in beta right now, so proceed with caution. I am using right now, and while I admit that it is a tad faster than IE 7, I just don't see that as justification for making it my main browser. I will probably un-install it now, and come try it out when the final version comes. I don't really like the layout too well compared to IE 7. Also, I noticed it doesn't have very good support ATM. On websites, Flash banners would not show up.

Anyone else try it? If so, what are your thoughts?

Posted by TheSorrow

I downloaded it and agree w/ everything you say about it...I mean a lot of the flash i try and get on wont work at all, i have always liked the apple layout but none the less its disapointing

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting TheSorrow: I downloaded it and agree w/ everything you say about it...I mean a lot of the flash i try and get on wont work at all, i have always liked the apple layout but none the less its disapointing

Yes, I generally have liked Apple's programs, such as iTunes. I hope the final release of Safari is better.

Posted by KoH

Why the **** would you use a ****tier browser than IE that runs slower, takes more processing power, takes up more ram, and overall is just a piece of ****? I understand aesthetics are the major reason why so many choose to switch, but just download a theme and stick with firefox.

I'm using Opera now and, yeah, although it has a lot of bugs, I'm roughing it and I honestly do prefer it over Firefox. I just like the entire style better. So I'd suggest Opera well before trying that Safari BS.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting KoH: Why the **** would you use a ****tier browser than IE that runs slower, takes more processing power, takes up more ram, and overall is just a piece of ****? I understand aesthetics are the major reason why so many choose to switch, but just download a theme and stick with firefox.

I'm using Opera now and, yeah, although it has a lot of bugs, I'm roughing it and I honestly do prefer it over Firefox. I just like the entire style better. So I'd suggest Opera well before trying that Safari BS.

Runs slower? As I said in my first post, Safari actually runs faster than IE when it comes to page load times. I believe though that's due to the whole phishing filter in IE. I agree though the browser IS worse than IE.

As for Opera, I am getting that for my DS. :)

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Proto Man: Runs slower? As I said in my first post, Safari actually runs faster than IE when it comes to page load times.

Not really. Testing on my computer, Safari takes slightly longer both to startup and to load pages than IE.

Posted by ranson

yeah..this is a nice browser faster than internet explorer 7.0