anyone ready for Megaman Star Force?

Posted by Phantom75230

I kinda feel bad that battle network ended. about a month after i beat mmbn6 i heard about star force. i also heard it comes out in 3 different versions this time (YAY). so, anyone ready for Megaman Star Force?

Posted by Roxas23857

Well it sounds good so I guess I'm ready, but I don't know which version to get.

Posted by CS Ryan

I'll get them all. I've already borrowed the Japanese version of Pegasus from my friend, and fully completed it for him. Just like I did with MMBN6. This'll be a breeze, just I can read the text this time.

Posted by Stalolin

Provided it's as much fun as Battle Network 6 was, then I'm most certainly ready for it.

Posted by CS Ryan

Oh, it is.

Posted by Zeta

I don't like the new behind-the-player battle view. Give me back my ****ing side view.

Posted by Linko_16

Haven't even heard of it yet, someone fill me in.

Posted by Roxas23857

Linko here is some information on the game.

Don't lament the end of Mega Man's Battle Network line of handheld competitive role-playing games. The development team behind that prolific series is back with a new DS-exclusive franchise, Mega Man Star Force, which seems to be picking up the torch with a very similar model of exploration and combat that will likely fill the void in fans' hearts. It looks like Capcom will milk this one for all it's worth, with no fewer than (count 'em) three separate versions of Star Force--subtitled Dragon, Pegasus, and Leo--set to line shelves in August when the new brand debuts.

Similar to Battle Network, Star Force will have you exploring the real world as a human--in our demo, as a boy named Geo--and moving from town to town, meeting new characters, acquiring new powers, and so on. But the action goes down in the "wave world," which is a sort or cyber environment where you'll become Mega Man and engage in battles with various enemies, many of whom will be familiar from past Mega Man games (those little hard-hat-wearing metools, anyone?). From what we saw, battles will happen in typical RPG random-encounter fashion, as you'll launch straight into combat while roaming around on the overhead map.

Combat will take place on a three-by-five grid of squares, and you'll be confined to moving along the three-square row closest to the screen, while enemies will occupy rows toward the other end of the grid. You'll have to move laterally across your row to dodge incoming enemy attacks while returning offense of your own. Before a battle, you'll have a number of attack and defense abilities from which you can choose a subset to take into battle with you. Some will be projectile or melee attacks, others will be defensive shields, and still others will be modifiers like damage bonuses or healing effects. Once you're in a battle, a meter will slowly refill on the side of the screen, and every time it fills up, you can go back to the initial selection screen and reselect the abilities you want to use. You can basically look at this reselection as the beginning of a new turn, even though battles proceed in real time.

The difference between the Dragon, Pegasus, and Leo packages will be apparent in the available selection of these abilities. The overall world and storyline will be the same between the three games, and even the initial basic abilities should be more or less identical; the difference will be in the later, more-advanced abilities, which will be unique to your specific title. Luckily, the Brother Band system will let you link up via Wi-Fi to your friends' versions of the game, so you can share (or "borrow," as Capcom says) the abilities from those games. You'll also be able to duel those friends wirelessly.

From the looks of things, anyone who enjoyed the Battle Network games ought to find similar reasons to like Star Force. All three versions are slated to hit at the same time in August, so look for more information in the coming months.

-GameSpot

Posted by Creedence

Erm, by the sound of it the style will be like the Battle Network games instead of a 2d sidescroller :(

I'll check it out but I know I won't like it near as much as the 2d sidescrollers.

Posted by CS Ryan

It's meant to be a Battle Network sequel. It's not supposed to be a 2-D side-scroller. Although that back view does make it a bit more difficult for dodging. But you get used to it.

Posted by protomanv4

I just hope ill get used to it, I sorta want to get dragon how about u?

Posted by CS Ryan

All three. I've bought every Battle Network game, and this time, I won't just buy one version, then have to go hunting through every EB Games in the city to track down the rest.

Posted by Roxas23857

I'm thinking of getting Leo but I still don't know....oh well

Posted by Phantom75230

In order of what im getting, its Dragon, Leo then Pegasus