What's up with Aaron Funk?

Posted by Xero

Venetian snares thread.

Posted by Corrupt

This is completely unrelated, but I have to say it. I saw Aaron Funk in the IDM room on Soulseek. People kept badgering him with questions such as "lol aaron y does ur music suck now" and he responded with things such as "because YOU suck HAR HAR". It was so great.

...oh, uh, yeah. Carry on :dunno:

Posted by Omni

Are you sure it was the real Aaron Funk? Also, why do people think his music sucks now? I only have one album by him.

Posted by Corrupt

I'm assuming that it was actually him because Soulseek was originally created for artists like him to communicate and share their music/ideas. And also because he had the original name "venetiansnares," which I don't think anyone else would've dared taken. I dunno, I could be wrong (maybe I'm just being too hopeful), but I'm still convinced it was him.

Oh, and as for the reason why people were saying his music sucks? Some of the people were saying it clearly just to mess around with him, and well, you know how people are. Elitist pricks will never find a shortage of things to nitpick and ***** about (not that I'm any exception).

Posted by Omni

Yeah, but do you think his music sucks now?

Posted by Corrupt

Absolutely not.

Posted by Xero

NO! IT DOESN'T! Those who said that were idiots!

I must admit that Hospitality wasn't a great album because it only lasted 25 minutes, but Calvacade of Glee (The one that came before Hospitality) was awesome!

The only reason why someone would say that his music suck now is because he or she got tired of intensive beats and noises. Even if it gets redondant from one album to the next, I keep wanting more, personally.

But eh. We all have different tastes.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Xero: I must admit that Hospitality wasn't a great album because it only lasted 25 minutes, but Calvacade of Glee (The one that came before Hospitality) was awesome!

You know, he released a new EP back in March. Try getting your hands on Pink + Green sometime. It's pretty good.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Corrupt: You know, he released a new EP back in March. Try getting your hands on Pink + Green sometime. It's pretty good.

EP? What does that stand for?

One of my next target was Pink+Green. :) Along with Chrome cylindre box, Inolepsy and Making Orange things.

If any of those albums sounds like Horse&Goat, tell me now.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Xero: EP? What does that stand for?

One of my next target was Pink+Green. :) Along with Chrome cylindre box, Inolepsy and Making Orange things.

If any of those albums sounds like Horse&Goat, tell me now.

EP stands for "Extended Play." It's basically a name for a release that's too long to be a single, but too short to qualify as an album. I believe the maximum number of songs that can be on one EP is ten. Yeah, just some fun little facts for you.

Anyway, Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding is basically just a longer version of Horse and Goat, with fourteen tracks of pure shit and a cooler album cover. Not recommended at all. The Infolepsy EP, while short, was fantastic, and Making Orange Things was sheer, unbridled noise with a very humorous touch. I'm not sure if you'll really see the humor in it though, so maybe you shouldn't go for it.

Posted by Xero

Aye...so there aren't a lot of albums left for me to buy...

Seeing as we have common tastes (sometimes) I'll follow those advices and get Pink+Green, Inolepsy and Tango N Vectif.

After that, what's left for U-ziq?