Delete some boards?

Posted by Stalolin

I'd really prefer if we cleaned up VGC just a tiny bit, and it can start with useless boards, and possibly unused weblogs if we can get some consent with other users. The last thing the mod base really wants another brigade of whiny VGCers because we took their weblogs, as I'm sure we all remember what happened when rep was hidden.

Pros:[LIST]
[*]More activity towards other boards. Example: fighting games could be moved towards general gaming, providing a larger member group to discuss the games (more people visit general gaming board than the fighting games board).
[*]Less work for Super Mods (assuming the nearly dead boards get any posts at all).
[*]Less clutter on VGC (it'd make VGC look more organized, unlike it's current state).
[*]There is little interest in fighting game discussion at VGC, therefore, little discussion.
[*]Animal Crossing won't be receiving a sequel anytime soon, though a Wii release has been plans I have seen no new information on it.
[*]Game Genie/Shark board hasn't had activity in months, and won't have much more.[/LIST]Cons:[LIST]
[*]Discussion areas less defined, possibly leading to confusion for newer members about where to discuss
[*]Member angst at removing boards[/LIST]And since Jesse likes polls, here's a list of boards which get little activity or do not have an upcoming game which could be cause for discussion.

now discuss, because i'd really like to see vgc move forward a bit

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yes, do it. Though it's not going to happen.

Posted by Dexter

I agree on all except Super NES. That should stay.

Posted by Ant

Yeah, the SNES is the only one I really think should stay. Although I didn't vote for the Arcade and Sim Battle ones to be deleted either, since they still could serve purpose.

Posted by Dexter

Opps. Yeah, Sim Battle should stay too. Shin-Ra and I still have that epic battle coming up in fall of 2009.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Ack!! Another delete me poll!!! :D

Posted by Iris

I don't think VGC is that unorganized. It's not going to hurt to have a few extra boards, even if they don't get that much use. It's not like all the other gaming boards get tons and tons of activity.

Gameshark can go though, because it's not a discussion-provoking board and I don't see it ever getting much activity in the future.

Posted by S

Sim battle should stay. It goes in spurts of inactivity and major activity. It's always been that way in the few years I've modded the board and been a member.

I agree with Dexter on SNES too. Though it may be unused, it's principal.

Posted by Hyper

I missed the Gameshark button. Nuke that one too.

Sim battle should go :( sorry guyz

Posted by Alastor

Would've voted yes on Sim Battle, but I don't want the three people who go there to pitch a fit, so let 'em have it.

Posted by Crono

Oh, how kind.

Like Luna said, it gets spurts. It goes for months with nothing and then flares for a month or two before dying again.

And SNES must stay just on principle.

srsly

Posted by Alastor

Well, I was being honest. The blog Minesweeper and I share is pretty slow, but I know I'd be really ****ed if it were to get wiped. I imagine everyone that uses the Sim Battle board would feel the same way, so I don't see any reason to delete it unless it really slows for a long period of time.

Posted by Fate

Leave Sim Battle. The rest should all go because they don't get enough activity and new topics could easily be placed in bigger places.

Posted by Stalolin

so uh, jesse

how about you do away with animal crossing, game genie, and fighting games?

Posted by maian

...Virtual Boy?

Posted by Stalolin

OH ALSO

WE SHOULD DELETE THE BUY, SELL, AND TRADE BOARD

I TOTALLY FORGOT WE HAD IT

Posted by Ant

agreed. none of the spammers use it anyways, so it's pretty much pointless.

come on jesse, do some of the stuff :/

Posted by D.J Cat

Yeah, all but SNES should go.

I tried to some extent to put some activity into the Animal Crossing board, but no such luck. :(
I'm sure people can still discuss the games in the Gamecube/DS Boards anyway so yeah.

Meow. :)

SNES should definitely go.

Posted by Ant

you're highly outvoted; change your vote.

All past Nintendo machines should just be merged into "Old Nintendo" or something.

Posted by Ant

SO WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN GUYS!?

Nothing. Surprised?

Posted by Alastor

I am shocked. Shocked.

Posted by Ant

Jesse, can you please just delete the Fighting games, animal crossing, and game genie boards? PLEASE?

Posted by Fate

won't happen, etc.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Jesse Smith: Now now, I'm da hardest worker around!!! You all know I'm not lazy, right!!!! :D:D:D:D

Now, where's that dead forums poll!!! :D:D:D

found it for ya.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Blah!!!!!!!!!!! You wern't supposed to actually *bump* this thread!!!!!!! grrrrr!!!!! Three boards have gone bye-bye!!! :(:(

er, now we need to make some more boards!!! :D:D How about...Final Fantasy!!!! :D:D

How about you just get rid of all the boards on the poll?

Posted by S

How about, no.

Except for Sim Battle. Forgot that was on there. otherwise all of them.

Posted by Speedfreak

Why the hell is Computer Games so far down there? It's a next-gen system, move it up some.

Posted by Ant

He got rid of the correct three.

I would suggest making a general "Old School" Nintendo section too clean it up a bit more even.

Quoted post: Why the hell is Computer Games so far down there? It's a next-gen system, move it up some.

Not like it really gets that much traffic anyways.

Posted by Iris

Computer Games definitely gets enough to merit its own board at least. Placement is irrelevant.

I don't think we need to delete any more. Like Ant said, the ones that needed to be deleted most are gone now.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Fear not, this topic will probably come up again next year, then in 2009...da new poll will get bumped and da wacko will actually not be lazy for an hour!!! :D:D:D:D

er, we need a Final Fantasy board!!!!! Was I on crack when I merged that in to da RPG board!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Ant

Probably, we need more n00bies

OH JESSE when aren't you on crack?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;746732]Not like it really gets that much traffic anyways.

Yeah but I think that has something to do with where it's placed. I know I ignore every board beteen off topic and the next-gen boards.

I just find it weird that it has its own section...

But even if it was placed anywhere else I doubt it would suddenly get more traffic. The VGC crowd doesn't seem to be huge on PC games.