Worst Class (and/or teacher) you've ever had.

Posted by metroidhunter9292

my worst class is World studies...i hate it. The teacher that teaches is my least favorite teacher. His teaching methods are freakin ridiculous.

Posted by Dexter

I greatly prefer female teachers. They seem more relaxed and understanding. More caring and when they go off on their little tangents, it can get so cute! Especially when you're taking a class that creates a lot of discussion. Female teachers seem to enjoy talking about art or literature far more than most of the male teachers I've had.

I don't think I have a worst teacher. My history teacher was always having problems with speech until he finally had a stroke in class one day while talking about early American poverty and died.

Quoting Dexter: I greatly prefer female teachers. They seem more relaxed and understanding. More caring and when they go off on their little tangents, it can get so cute! Especially when you're taking a class that creates a lot of discussion. Female teachers seem to enjoy talking about art or literature far more than most of the male teachers I've had.

I don't think I have a worst teacher. My history teacher was always having problems with speech until he finally had a stroke in class one day while talking about early American poverty and died.

Youre right about the female teachers...But youre teacher actually died while teaching?!

Posted by Xero

Class: English

Back in primary school, my english teacher spent most of her time speaking french to us. We had some anglophones in the class that kept correcting her. She wouldn't let me sleep to make it less painful.

Worse Teacher: By far my geography teacher in Grade 7.

She hated me and I hated her. I would ask her a question and she'd make me feel stupid about it.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting metroidhunter9292: But youre teacher actually died while teaching?!

Yup. He was the third person I've seen die in my life.

Quoting Dexter: Yup. He was the third person I've seen die in my life.

Wow.

Posted by fates warning

I always happen to have a teacher that I hate. Some of my teachers got on my nerves because they were fucking stupid and I had to correct them on facts they had supposedly gone to college to teach us about.

Most recently was my english teacher. She ****ed me off because she would always punish me for the dumbest things. Like if I were to make fun of her or say a cuss word she would start *****ing at me and kick me out of the class.

Posted by Fate

Journalism. We were in charge of the school newspaper and writing supposedly "good" stuff for the annual publication of "Thistle", a small book of poetry and art. In about six months of the class we put out a grand total of three newspapers, the last one being put out so late that after class ended before it could be completed. The teacher we had was a younger woman, probably like 26, that all the guys loved and all the girls respected. I saw this woman as a hippie that pushed the cliche of being friendly with students and giving them breaks on grades. She talked about poetry and gay artsy books like For Whom the Bell Tolls and talked about writers and important people like Charles Dickens or Darwin. Oftentimes she went on a tangent and I'm thinking she's ****ing crazy. All she did was **** me off. I wanted to be taught something great, not let my opinions loose to a bunch of bratty high school kids that took the class because we virtually did nothing. Teach me how to meet a deadline, you whore.

Posted by Dexter

Ewww! Fate, you're one of those students! I adore those classes when you can discuss whatever you want for as long as you'd like and not have to worry about those one or two students getting all ****y about not being taught something worth-while. Carlos needs to give you one of those dandy pimp-slaps of his. Just draw some manga if you don't like talking about gay-art.

Posted by Fate

**** gay art. My dishing my opinions are not an assignment that I need to finish. If I want to comment on something, I'll do it myself and not be graded on the content of it.

I go to school to learn, not to teach.

Posted by fates warning

Quoting Dexter: Ewww! Fate, you're one of those students! I adore those classes when you can discuss whatever you want for as long as you'd like and not have to worry about those one or two students getting all ****y about not being taught something worth-while.

yeah, I like being lazy too

Posted by Xero

Quoting Dexter: Yup. He was the third person I've seen die in my life.

Wow that sucks. The only "death story" I had around my school happened this year.

A 14 years old boy in grade 8 died of a disease. It was a sad story. He thought in the hospital for a while and died...I hate it when young kids die. :(

Ah yes! I also remember that my dad told me he had an English teacher that commited suicide during one of his year in high school. That was bad too. :(

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

I had this teacher my freshmen year and junior year so far, her name is ms selecman and you guys would hate this teacher so bad, even the school staff hate her. this teacher is *****, nothing makes her happy she has a negative view at everything, she gives hard work, and I work really hard on the work, and on the deadline, I turn in my work only ten people turn it in and she's yelling like a baby, and she starts lecturing, I then cover my ears, to avoid the boring lecture about how not turning in essays can ruin your life" when I don't need to cuz I wasn't lazy. Even though I do her work she still verbally atacks me and the rest that aren't lazy. after her trash talking I think about why is she still a teacher, she should retire because she turns more of a miserable every year. she's easily annoyed by everything, when a person asks a question she starts screaming.

if she retires she would give all the future freshman a favor! she is a really unique teacher which is a good thing because I don't need negative thinking buttheads like her in my life

Posted by jas11

Class: none, all A student baby!
Teacher: no contest, Mr. Castile. He was an A SS! and you wanna know the bad thing, he loved me as a student! GROSS!

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Dexter: Ewww! Fate, you're one of those students! I adore those classes when you can discuss whatever you want for as long as you'd like and not have to worry about those one or two students getting all ****y about not being taught something worth-while. Carlos needs to give you one of those dandy pimp-slaps of his. Just draw some manga if you don't like talking about gay-art.

I'm not against "gay-art" classic literature that, in all practicality, you're probably not going to use in the real world... but I'm with Fate on the subject of teachers/students who blather on about how they think they understand art. You need someone properly educated or it's no good.

Anyway, my worst teacher was my Junior English teacher. She was the type to assign us WAY too much to read every night, then rattle off quizes and writing assignments that didn't actually assess our understanding of the material, just made sure that we read it and that we were spelling things right and using good word choice and proper grammar. Basicly, she's the kind of teacher that didn't understand S[color=indigo]HI
T about English, she just spent her entire life understanding the curriculum inside-out, first in school, then as a teacher. In fact, she was so good at understanding useless curriculum that others thought she was actually educated, so she managed to become head of the English department; I had to deal with scant amounts of her crap even during the three years I didn't have her.

By the end of the year we already had a bad relationship... her, the teacher, and me, the free thinker. I'm certain this left her a bit prejudiced when she took my Junior Research Project, the giant essay that pretty much determined my quarter grade, and brought it from an A to a C with her bull****. The prompt I'd chosen was the history of the automobile, which, if you're not familiar with the subject yourself, is pretty much "someone developed some kind of innovation on a four-wheeled moving object and no one gave a crap" all the way up to Karl Benz. On each of these advancements I wrote about, however, she wrote "explain impact" and docked a number of points, which totalled the difference between an A and a C. I did make a point each time in the essay to say that the idea didn't catch on, and I even went to point this out to her after it was graded, but she refused to correct herself, adopting the position of "DON'T TRY AND CONFUSE ME WITH LOGIC!! I AM THE TEACHER AND YOU ARE A BAD KID, SO WHAT I SAY IS RIGHT AND WHAT YOU SAY IS WRONG."

Jesus fuck.
[/color]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Grade 10 Math, Grade 10 Religion and Grade 10 Science. Man, that year sucked. I failed both Math and Religion, the former because I sat beside my best friend, so we both ended up failing together. The latter because I hated the teacher so I never showed up and never did any work. Science, well, the teacher was just a *****.

Posted by Arcadios

06-07 Chemistry

Teacher always looks at us like idiots when we ask questions which intimidates us into not asking anything at all and then when it comes to the work we're as lost as can be. When a test is announce there is no review for it and we continue to the next chapter yet we still have a test coming up from the past chapter. End of the year barrel rolls around, she gives us a packet to study from which contains all the work from the year yet it only contains 6 pages. Instead of review she gives us past state exams and grades them as regular tests basically one 40 question test every two days. Now I have a Final tomorrow and a state exam on the 23rd. Class average is 60 when 65 is the passing mark. I'm already planning on taking it next year but choosing my teacher this time if I don't do well which is likely to happen.

Posted by Xenos

This teacher named Mr. Kennedy. I had him for three out of the five classes I had in high school. Each class was 1:35 minutes long. He was a douche in each one of them.

feel the pain

Posted by Slade

I had one crazy teacher for 5th grade who would literally bark at you to get your attention, and growl at you from behind her podium if you weren't paying attention in class. But thinking back, I wish I could have her as a teacher again, because it seems like it would be way more funny the second time around.

But the actual worst teacher I've ever had is the new head of the music department(just hired this year). I'm not exactly sure where to start. For one, he's bad at communicating, and he has no tact. Every single time he needs to communicate or use tact he fails miserably. One must understand that this means EVERY SINGLE TIME. The Ukranian/Russian whatever accent doesn't help, either. Learn to speak, plz.

Worst class... Jazz band, this year. Because of that music teacher.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Grade 10 Math, Grade 10 Religion and Grade 10 Science. Man, that year sucked. I failed both Math and Religion, the former because I sat beside my best friend, so we both ended up failing together. The latter because I hated the teacher so I never showed up and never did any work. Science, well, the teacher was just a *****.

You....failed religion? I guess they don't teach you the same way because in our Religion exams, we have to answer personnal questions and explain our opinions on certain topics...

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

One year I had the same teacher for french and gym. He was the most unintelligent man I know. In french, we basically reviewed ten words that we has already known for the entire year. He was also an ******* in gym. I think he was sexist!

Posted by Xero

Not to go off-topic, but here's a teacher that would scare the crap out of me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrhfzHP5eyM

0_0

Posted by Omni

Man, Canada is weird. They actually have a religion class? What if you're agnostic or an atheist?

Also, in general, I've found that the public school system in the United States sucks and many of the teachers are incompetent.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Omni: Man, Canada is weird. They actually have a religion class? What if you're agnostic or an atheist.

Our school used to be run by priests so we cannot avoid it. No matter from what country a student immigrated from, he/she'll have to listen to what good 'ol Jesus had to say 2007 years ago.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: You....failed religion? I guess they don't teach you the same way because in our Religion exams, we have to answer personnal questions and explain our opinions on certain topics...

Reread it. I rarely showed up to class and never did the work assigned. Though... my exams were a bit more in-depth than that.

Quoted post: Man, Canada is weird. They actually have a religion class? What if you're agnostic or an atheist?

Catholic school. They're better and have higher standards than public. And hell, I was atheist all throughout high school, but I still took six religion classes (not including the second time I took grade ten religion.)

Posted by Linkman

3rd Grade teacher. She stuck fear throughout the WHOLE elementary (grammar) school. Basically, she would lose her mind if you held your pencil/pen wrong (keep in mind, this is 8-year-olds). I remember one time my desk was a little messy, and she flipped it to dump everything in it onto the floor and made me stay inside for recess and clean it up. Needless-to-say, I was in tears the whole time. She made so many kids cry that year. :( Two or three years later, she got fired though.

Posted by Fort Shino

My english teacher this year.

When ever I ask her a question she'll either reply with the most basic answer not giving any help, or just look like she has to do something. She has only taught us 75% of our curriculum for the year, and there is only 8 days left until finals so I've just been going to a different class for the past week.

Then 2 essays that I wrote. The first one took me 6 hours to write and tried to make it look like I never handed it in. So for everything I handed in I used my mates cellphone to record it. It worked, 3 months later she lost my narrative. Funniest thing was being in the principal's office showing the video after she had been saying that I never handed it in. Even the principal laughed at her.

A grade 10 is in love with her because she has huge melons, but she has a moustache. Which makes me want to vomit.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Xero: Not to go off-topic, but here's a teacher that would scare the crap out of me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrhfzHP5eyM

0_0

Are you kidding me? I would love to have a teacher that did that. Granted, that guy's probably a di[color=indigo]ck with a short temper, but it'd be neat to have a generally nice teacher who just happened to smash cellphones.[/color]

Quoting Xero: Our school used to be run by priests so we cannot avoid it. No matter from what country a student immigrated from, he/she'll have to listen to what good 'ol Jesus had to say 2007 years ago.

Reminds me of the time we went on choir tour a few years ago and, since the parent our teacher put in charge of managing it was Baptist, we got dragged on a tour of some religious college in the area. The whole time the staff presented stuff to us, they were pretty much "We're so happy to instill the word of Jesus into young minds" and whatnot. They tried to act like we were there to check out their choir program, which was okay, I guess, but the whole thing was still kind of bogus.

Anyway, when they gave us cards to fill out so they could pelt us with mail, I filled in that I lived in H[color=indigo]ell
, went to the First Church of Gak Splat, et cetera.[/color]

Posted by mis0

Probably my Art teacher back in highschool. She seemed like one of those meek people but about five minutes after class started, it was time for a nuclear meltdown. I figured since it was art I would be able to use creativity and stuff in my work. Apparently, creativity is just downright sinful. She'd often provoke tears from students. Truely, an unpleasant class.

Posted by Average n00b

Mr.Pauley for math in 7th grade..I swear he was the WORST.

1) He was old enough to retire

2) He couldn't hear for ****.

3) He didn't even teach! All he did was sit down on his chair, tell us what page to go to, copy the example page, words included, then do the whole problems.

Everyone in the class couldn't even get it half way done! If we asked for help he'd just give us the answer, if we asked to show us, he'd murmer; "Well, you see this ----" Then it's just babble, like a white Bill Cosby.

For number 2, this one kid got really frustrated, he kicked the wall, it made a hole in it. Now, you'd expect a large boom and a yelling "GO TO THE PRINCIPLE"

Well, he didn't hear it..Everyone heard it, he didn't.

Oh how I hated him. :]]

Posted by Mystic Hero

Well for me it was two teachers and two classes in the 8th grade. One was Mr. K, my Social Studies teacher. He was a total bastard. Every class he used to yell at the top of his lungs at people that didn't do their work or something like that. One time we were organizing our notes before an exam and I sat right in front of him. Well I couldn't find one of my note sheets and he went balistic. He started yelling "why aren't you organized? WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR NOTE SHEET?" And then I got ****ed and mouthed off to him for being such an *******. I don't do well in classes with teachers I hate, so since I hated his class I ended up with a B average. This was even worse for me because he played favorites to all the little A students and since I didn't have an A in his class he hated me even more. I dreded his class every day.

The other teacher was Mrs. Ferris my 8th grade Englsih teacher. Every student that had her for English hated her. She was mean and almsot never smiled. You enter the room and already you feel unwelcomed and depressed. Every day she used to pile on an insane amount of homework, mostly reading and long responses on books. I didn't have fun in that class either.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Fate;592036][COLOR=skyblue]Journalism. We were in charge of the school newspaper and writing supposedly "good" stuff for the annual publication of "Thistle", a small book of poetry and art. In about six months of the class we put out a grand total of three newspapers, the last one being put out so late that after class ended before it could be completed. The teacher we had was a younger woman, probably like 26, that all the guys loved and all the girls respected. I saw this woman as a hippie that pushed the cliche of being friendly with students and giving them breaks on grades. She talked about poetry and gay artsy books like For Whom the Bell Tolls and talked about writers and important people like Charles Dickens or Darwin. Oftentimes she went on a tangent and I'm thinking she's ****ing crazy. All she did was **** me off. I wanted to be taught something great, not let my opinions loose to a bunch of bratty high school kids that took the class because we virtually did nothing. Teach me how to meet a deadline, you whore.[/COLOR]
Oh no, you must have never had Mr. Talbot. The guys was a complete jerk, and his grades were completely random. For one trimester in his biology class, we had to write a one-page paper a week on anything we wanted that had something to do with biology (which is just about anything, really). Things got wacky when he decided, half way through the trimester, anybody who ever missed a single one of the papers would fail the class. Even more strange, a couple of weeks later, he told us that the papers were completely unnecessary and he only assigned them because he "wasn't sure if all of us were literate." (Yes, that is an exact quote.) When I called him on how condescending and absolutely inconsiderate that statement was and if this was nothing more than a ploy to see if we could all read, then why the hell would he threaten our grades? I got in his face one day and got sent out of class, which was exactly what I wanted most days.
There were only about eight people in the class, and thanks to my tutoring, everybody in the class passed with at least a B, with the exception of yours truly. Fair grading my ass.

Posted by Death-By-Minnow

My Senior Year Psychology course by far. The teacher started the course off normaly enough, introductions the first two days and then basic information on the brain. On the second week... she disappeared for 2 weeks and we watched movies. She came back, forgot where we were, and we started watching the first (and only, it was canceled) season of "Freaks and Geeks." Every day for the next few weeks we watched that, a movie, or Fast Food Nation (our teacher was really, really overweight.) We had homework assignements on material we never covered, which were collected and later found in her trash can. We were given 2 projects: Everyone received Bs on them, whether you spent a few days working on them or skipped doing it entirely. For the last week of class, she never once showed up, but could be seen in the hallways during other classes.

Yeah, it makes sense.

Posted by Fate

You know, Phil, I heard about someone causing a ruckus in his class, but I didn't know it was you. :)

Posted by Skitzo Control

Oh yeah, I was always causing trouble in every class I occupied after Freshman year, including Call's. I don't remember her name, but there was a Math teacher, a big lady with red hair. I got in quite a few arguments with her, because I was a cocky kid and had absolutely no business in pre-Algebra.:p

I was looking at the faculty list at BLHS, out of curiosity, and only recognized about a dozen of the names. Call is gone, and quite a few other teachers have moved around quite a bit. It's rather amazing how much the staff has changed over the past two years. And equally creepy, I guess, that I actually looked into it.

Posted by Ch

My worst class had to be my Honors Chamber Orchestra class this year.

My music teacher has known me and been training me since I was in 5th grade so he thinks I'm his prodigy. He pushed me a lot this year and made me do a lot of worthless training. I graduated last week so I never have to deal with him ever again.

Posted by Fate

Wait, didn't Call change her name or something? She got a divorce. Just thinking about her class makes me angry. I remember the big-hair lady-- wasn't she fat? My favorite math teacher was the one nobody liked, you know, the one that apparently could put insomniacs to sleep. Forgot his name.

One of the best teachers ever: Mr. Whitaker the craaaaaazy chemist.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Mr. Pederson might be the math teacher you speak of! Except he was a little goofy, it was entertaining to watch him in class because he'd get excited about math like a fat kid with a cookie.

Posted by Creedence

In 8th grade, Mrs. Stewart, in math. She would drive to school smoking two cigarretes and when she gets out smoke just comes rolling out of the car. Then she *****es at us because she has to wait till lunch til she can smoke again. Got she needs to retire. But not before my sister gets her =) She'l have her in two years.

Posted by Fate

LOL, yes, Mr. Pederson. I remember him getting pretty happy about shapes and stuff.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Mr. Pedersen would have an orgasm every time he solved an equation involving a hypotenuse. The guy would be cool as your grandpa, neighbor, or a replacement for Mr. Rogers, but as a teacher, he was absolutely no good.
---
The drafting teacher was an alright guy, too. He was always sharing horrifying war stories in class, and you could see the guys that were gung-ho about joining the armed forces lose color from their faces. In retrospect, I realize that no matter how much I liked him, he was an awful teacher. He never really taught anything, just taught us all from a book. If we neeed some help, he was there to assist, but otherwise, we worked completely on our own.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I had a handful of teachers that gave me problems, and the other way around. A spanish teacher who couldn't speak english, during class she would translate from spanish to english exactly how it was written, which sometimes was wrong. So one day she was translating the phrase, the table is over there, cept from spanish to english it comes out to over there table. So she actually said that, and wrote it, and since she loved to single me out, I was an *** and decided to point it out. There was a lot of laughter, except I didn't get to enjoy most of it as I was pulled out of the classroom.

I had a guitar class in high school, I expected to learn something. The teacher was busy bringing in a guitar from his collection everyday, and talk about the guitar more than what he would playing it, and teaching it. I actually left that classroom not knowing what was what or where and why I was there. Now he was just a crappy teacher, I actually liked the guy though, but still.

Another teacher I couldn't like less was this jewish math teacher. All he did was discuss current events and make jokes. I was in the class to learn something, which wasn't possible with him as a teacher. So I had to take time apart to join other classes during the week or on a weekend to learn the material I wasn't learning due to his act. I got lucky and had him twice, the first time I was ahead of everyone and didn't need his assistance to pass a major test, the second time however, I needed to learn material and he wouldn't provide. I would have liked him as a person but he had a thing for attacking a few people personally for fun, and I happened to be one of them.

I can't think of any at the moment, except for some who just had some really horrible accents you wouldn't be able to understand.