Sega partners up with a personal favorite of mine...

Posted by Big Boss

From 1UP.com:

[quote]Following its acquisition of UK based developers The Creative Assembly earlier this month, Sega has announced a partnership with Canadian studio Silicon Knights, developer of Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes and Eternal Darkness. Under the terms of the deal, Sega will acquire and publish content from the studio created for next generation game consoles. The two companies will also collaborate on a new next generation game franchise

WOOOOO, SK is back!

Posted by Pit

This should be a treat. Shinobi anybody?

Posted by Speedfreak

...back from where? When did they leave?

Anyway, maybe Sega will start forcing them to focus on gameplay more than storylines.

Posted by Darkbackward

Good job Sega! I haven't played too much silicon knights, but I can say that this gives me nothing but cushy feelings, this is a great development studio from word of mouth, and Sega will only grow stronger.

With Sega's more defined line of developers, maybe the game quality will increase. Sonic Team, Sega AM-2, and now silicon knights will bail out Sega and lead them on to their new next gen machine that will take OVER THE WORLD!*

* :crying: I know it won't happen.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Speedfreak: ...back from where? When did they leave?

Anyway, maybe Sega will start forcing them to focus on gameplay more than storylines.

Heh, nad maybe SK will get Sega to focus on gameplay rather than characters.

I think this is good news but if SK make a Sonic game they will have become Sega's bit*h.

Posted by boomstick

Yes, one of my favorite developers, I was getting worried, it'd been such along time since we've heard a peep outta them, since they ended their 2nd party agreement with Nintendo.

Good to hear their still in force.