So I want a pet...

Posted by KoH

I was leaning more towards a cat than anything else.

I wanted to know specifics about taking care of cats, or any other pet and which I should ultimately get. It's been years since I've had a pet, and I've never had anything larger than a hamster. :( But living by yourself can get a bit lonely, and I figure a small pet is going to be cheaper than hanging out with friends or a ****ing girlfriend, right?

I require input before I spend money which I do not have in order to have an animal around my apartment.

Btw, any animal that can be trained to kill is a plus. I'm actually quite serious. But I'll give up this factor if it's cute and cuddly.

And no huge ****ing animal suggestions, for the love of ***. It's an apartment, not a 20 acre jerk-off field.

Posted by Fate

Don't go to an invasive pet store. The one we went to wanted to inspect our home and practically kicked us out when we mentioned declawing. Get it at a shelter. Get it shots. Get a kitten.

Best if you don't live in an apartment. Our cats are like $400-$600 because of apartment fees. That, and getting them declawed, spayed, and vaccinated. And accessories, don't forget accessories. Food is important, too. Good food, not **** disguised as food. And litter. And something to scoop the poop.

Aw, hell, stay away from cats unless you want to maintain it and buy it more gifts than you would a girlfriend. Hamsters are cute.

Posted by zero

cats are kinda expensive their first year,but what pet isn't, with all the vaccinations and what not. after their litter trained they are very affectionet and are pretty much self maintaining except for food and a 1 a week scooping, if you don't get the litter box that cleans itself.

and fate hwta are you talking about i got my cat 1 of those big cat tree things and he loves it ive never baught him anything except catnip....which is like crack for cats incase you were wondering what it is(some people don't know)...and maybe a mouse on a string to mess with him.

Posted by KoH

I was thinking a cat about 1 year old rather than a kitten. *** knows if I were to get a kitten the poor bastard would die due to neglect. I just don't have the time to fully take care of a pet, hence my initial preference being a cat. I heard from a friend that cats cost about $60 a month after the first month or so, as long as the cat's not a kitten.

I've been looking at a few shelters (haven't even bothered looking anywhere else) and they say things like "up to date on shots" etc., and apparently such things are commonplace with places around here. Reason being that I haven't come across a single cat listed that didn't say it wasn't up to date on shots.

I've asked quite a few people about this matter and they've all brought up, while also valid, the points you all have. But then again, what are the benefits? I shall have a furry companion with the potential to be my lethal killing partner. I think that such a thing is worth it!

Hamsters? Come on, man... Hamsters are for 12 year old, brace-faced girls with flat chests.

And pet deposit's $50, with $10 a month in "pet rent." To be honest, the very term "pet rent" makes me not want to get a pet due to the nature of its ridiculous stupidity.

Posted by Oforia

Pit Bull for the killing factor.

Posted by zero

cats are just great they are very friendly, keep themself clean so no baths,funny to watch after you give them catnip...can be trained to use the toilet(its true my next door neighbors cat does). they are very cheap just cat food and litter and maybe a play tree if you want. i mean my cat coast me maybe 40-50 a month.

Posted by KoH

That's good enough for me. I definitely make enough to support myself and a little furry critter. I honestly think I'm gonna go for it.

ANY OUTSTANDING REASONS WHY I SHOULD NOT?!

(ie, they kill you in your sleep, etc. Things of impending doom)

Posted by christinadeenadee

Get a chinchilla. They are uber smart and don't smell. You can take them for walks and train them to sit and roll over. I have one that I so love. His name is Maxwell. He's like a neat bitty dog really.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Cat. I'm reading Stinger's mind and he's also saying cat.

Posted by Creedence

I had a parot once, but then my cat killed it, so if you have a cat, don't get a parot, or visa versa.

But parots are great pets and if you want company you can spend hours trying to teach it to talk and when it doesn't ever talk throw things at it.

But parots **** expensive, mine was like 100 dollars,and that was just cuz I got it from a relative.

So yea, if you don't mind dishing out a lot of cash, a parots way more fun than a cat. Or maybe I'm just a bird person. If you like fish and wanna be amused go for a japanese fighting fish, and some minos.

Posted by KoH

VAMP CALLS CAT, THEREFORE I SHALL GET A CAT. I've been more mentally prepped for a cat anyway, sort of been looking forward to it for a few months.

A chinchilla? Dude... no.

And no to parrots. I'd prefer something that didn't squawk at 6 AM and 'cause me to yell at it to shut the **** up. Cats are perfect because their distant yet affectionate personalities are exactly what I like. Plus it's a perfect match to my personality, which is basically the same thing.

No fish either. You can't ****ing pet fish, man. Or at least not unless you submerge a limb into water.

Quoted post: VAMP CALLS CAT, THEREFORE I SHALL GET A CAT. I've been more mentally prepped for a cat anyway, sort of been looking forward to it for a few months.

Then get a cat. It's pretty obvious they're the best animal. One one hand they're independent so you don't have to praise them with love constantly or walk them twice a day, but, they'll love the hell out of you and cuddle up with you for hours. So it's the best of both worlds. Plus, dogs get ugly as they grow older, but cats always stay cute.

Posted by Ant

get a fukken grizzly bear. set up a little bed in the corner and call it the bear corner and name the bear bear so when you yell bear it'll come to you and you can fukken wrastle with it and it'll be fukken cute.

birds suck

get a cat.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

There are certain species of birds that are great for apartments. None of that blowing your ****ing eardrums out at 6am. Green cheek conures are great.

But cats are also fun. I have a cat in my apartment that's not allowed to be there. I just neglected to mention to the caregiver, although everyone in my building basically has a cat, including the caregivers.

Cats are not expensive (unless something goes wrong). Don't get one from a petstore, but from a local shelter, instead. The price will include the spay/neuter, a microchip, and some shots. Definitely don't get the cat declawed. Don't listen to the ****bags who tell you otherwise, because there's always other options. Tell the people at the shelter what you're looking for in a cat and I'm sure they'll help you out. And remember to buy a super premium (Eagle Pack) or high quality food. None of that friskies junk.

But seriously, parrots make amazing pets. My conure, who is the most quiet of all the conures, is suitable for apartment living. But parrots are very social and need a lot of time out of the cage and spent with you, so if you're unale to provide that, stick with a cat.

Posted by Iris

I'd suggest you get a cat form a breeder. Usually it's already vaccinated, fixed, and potty-trained. Also, if you get a cat only a few months old then it should be more comfortable living with you, rather than if you bought a 5 year old cat and expected it to be used to it. Some things you may want to buy would be bowls for food and water, a cage if it's small enough to get in danger if you don't pay attention, and maybe a scratching post.

They're fairly easy to raise. They don't require as much attention as some animals and if they're already trained to use a litter box then they certainly won't smell as much. You should definitely keep them indoors, even if they're vaccinated. If you want a toy for it all you need is a ball or something soft they can scratch and bite at, like a nylon or miniature beanie baby.

Also, I strongly suggest you get a cat that doesn't mind being held, or else handling it is going to be a major pain in the ***.

Posted by KoH

IT IS SETTLED. TOMORROW I SHALL OFFICIALLY LOOK FOR A FELINE COMPANION OF MY OWN.

I swear I'll teach it tricks and how to kill and attack people. I saw a video of a cat that pounced a baby as it was walking along some bushes. I want a cat like that.

Thanks for the input though, everyone. I think I'll get something less than a year or so old, as Iris suggested.

Here's one I was looking at last night. AWWWW SOOO CUUUUTTEE!!!!!

[URL]http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7954958[/URL]

PS: I'm not gonna get a bird unless I can train them to be my 'eyes' should I ever become blind or if they can kill people without any prior training.

Edit:

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8564615

AWWWWWWWW!!! It's named Mo! Like from the Simpsons!!! IT'S LOOKING UP TO ME!!!

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate;590854][COLOR=skyblue]Don't go to an invasive pet store. The one we went to wanted to inspect our home and practically kicked us out when we mentioned declawing. Get it at a shelter. Get it shots. Get a kitten.

Best if you don't live in an apartment. Our cats are like $400-$600 because of apartment fees. That, and getting them declawed, spayed, and vaccinated. And accessories, don't forget accessories. Food is important, too. Good food, not **** disguised as food. And litter. And something to scoop the poop.

Aw, hell, stay away from cats unless you want to maintain it and buy it more gifts than you would a girlfriend. Hamsters are cute.[/COLOR]

Your cats are declawed!? Why the hell!? Do you keep them inside all the time too?

Posted by KoH

My cat would have to have claws in order to efficiently take out my selected targets.

Posted by Fate

Our kittens are not currently declawed, but yes, they are strictly indoor cats and will eventually be declawed. No cat scratch diseases here, thanks. One of the cats already scratched the arm of our favorite leather gaming chair-- unacceptable. I love my kitties. I buy them gourmet food and little toys. <3

Posted by zero

declawing is inhuman...lol at this cat had been "altered"

Posted by Fate

Bah. It's not inhumane. The kitties don't care if they're strictly indoor. They don't need claws if they never see anything the sun touches directly.

Quoted post: declawing is inhuman...lol at this cat had been "altered"

****, we've been over this already. Go back in time to a month ago.

Posted by Iris

I've never had a problem with my cat's claws, although they did occasionally try scratching furniture when they were much younger. If you think the claws are going to be a problem but don't want to get them declawed, just get a scratching post and spray them with water or something whenever you see them scratching furniture. If they learn at a young age not to do it then you won't have to worry in the future.

Which also brings me to punishing cats if they do anything bad. I had to do it if they crawled behind a bunch of wires, got up on places they shouldn't be, or anything else that would warrant discipline. The best thing to do is spray them with water. It's humane and effective.

Posted by KoH

I have a question: If you really don't want to pay your landlord a pet deposit and pet "rent" (which is, in itself, one of the stupidest things I've heard of), what's the worst thing that can happen if you just bring a cat into your apartment with no one knowing? Assuming you eventually get caught, that is.

Posted by Lord of Spam

If you dont have time to take care of the animal, dont get it. If you want a pet that just sits there and requires no attention, buy a rock. Not only is it free, but you get the super cool retro factor of saying you own a pet rock as well.

Posted by KoH

I have the time to take care of a pet. Just not a pet that requires a lot of time.

Posted by nich

Quoting KoH: I have a question: If you really don't want to pay your landlord a pet deposit and pet "rent" (which is, in itself, one of the stupidest things I've heard of), what's the worst thing that can happen if you just bring a cat into your apartment with no one knowing? Assuming you eventually get caught, that is.

I'm willing to bet every landlord is different, but to answer your question, someone I know was keeping a dog in his apartment without telling the landlord, and he basically had to get rid of the dog or take a hike.

Posted by Oforia

My cat isn't declawed, but his claws do become a problem if I do not keep them trimmed. It's not that hard to just cut his claws ever few days.

Posted by KoH

[quote=nich;591547]I'm willing to bet every landlord is different, but to answer your question, someone I know was keeping a dog in his apartment without telling the landlord, and he basically had to get rid of the dog or take a hike.

Yeah, thanks. I was figuring something like that. It's not that they don't allow pets, it's just that the deposit is, frankly, ridiculous. I think it was $750 for a dog or something. The girl who's the landlord's assistant likes me though so maybe she can bring that down... by a few hundred. Hopefully. Then 'pet rent' is $50 a month. I can survive $50 a month, but come on, $750? That's just stupid.

Posted by Fate

At my place there's a pet deposit, which is $400. After that, it's $10 per cat a month. I don't know if we get the deposit back when we move out, but that's what we have to pay. **** dogs in an apartment. Waste of money.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate;591323][COLOR=skyblue]Our kittens are not currently declawed, but yes, they are strictly indoor cats and will eventually be declawed. No cat scratch diseases here, thanks. One of the cats already scratched the arm of our favorite leather gaming chair-- unacceptable. I love my kitties. I buy them gourmet food and little toys.[/COLOR] <3

Then friggin' train them! Don't rip their bloody nails out. All you have to do is squirt them with a little water gun every time they do it and they'll stop pretty quickly.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Fate;591570][COLOR=skyblue]At my place there's a pet deposit, which is $400. After that, it's $10 per cat a month. I don't know if we get the deposit back when we move out, but that's what we have to pay. **** dogs in an apartment. Waste of money.[/COLOR]

Cats are easy to conceal, yes? Management needs my permission before they can even enter my place, and if the cat's an indoor only pet, then my chances of detection are greatly decreased, right?

Posted by Fate

We are training them. I wouldn't let my kitties go under a knife to get declawed, no way. They're getting laser treatment. A lot less bleeding during the procedure and way less pain post-op. They also like to tear apart our shoes. Most of our shoes are in a closet, but our often-worn shoes stay by the doorway and the kitties have a nasty habit of clawing the hell out of them. We're going to try the water bit, but they're getting declawed anyway. The water is to punish them for playing with wires.

Also, management doesn't need your permission to enter depending on your contract.

Posted by KoH

The contract states they do. I read what I sign.

Btw, you spray kittens with water when they play with electrical wires? Well, if the water doesn't teach them a lesson, a good electrical shock is sure to do the trick.

Posted by Fate

...We get them away from wires, first.

So you pick them up, set them down somewhere else, then spray them? k

As long as your cat isn't insanely loud, there's really no way you are going to get caught. Caretakers need to give you 24 hours notice that they're coming into your apartment (up here they do, anyways).

Posted by Fate

No, we would pick them up and before we place them down we would squirt water. like duh

If you want a cat to behave without putting a lot of time and energy into it, put its life in danger and save it just before it dies. Problem solved.

Posted by Fate

Or scare it constantly only to hug it immediately afterwards. That's soooo much fun.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;591765]If you want a cat to behave without putting a lot of time and energy into it, put its life in danger and save it just before it dies. Problem solved.

That's actually good for two reasons. One, the reason you named, and two, if cats are anything like Saiyan they'll grow in power through near death experiences.

So I got a kitty today which I am going to call "Satch" after Mr. Joe Satriani. Because Satriani is my favorite artist of anything.

I SHALL POST PICS OF ME AND MY FELINE COMPANION SOON!

Btw, he's up-to-date on shots, is domestic, 'litter trained,' and is declawed. 10 months old but is big enough to know not to kill himself. He's like the ultimate pet.

Btw, not that I have an open circuit board or anything with live electrical wires hanging around in my apartment but how do I make sure my cat doesn't conduct 10,000 volts of electricity within its skeleton while I'm out of the house? I ask this question assuming no one's going to suggest that I shoot a plastic toy gun filled with pressurized water at my new kitty.

That was fast.

Posted by KoH

I tend to not think things through or twice. Although I'd been thinking of getting a cat for a while, I really wasn't planning on getting one within 2-3 days of seriously considering adopting one.

Oh well, he likes me. I swear to ***, purring is one of the coolest things ever.

nah, cats kneading your belly is coolest thing ever.

Posted by Xero

Quoting KoH: I was leaning more towards a cat than anything else.

I've had a cat for 6 months now and it's boring as hell. Eats, sleeps, wants you to pet it once in a while (otherwise is just scrubs itself on the carpet)...

Really boring pet. I always thought they were cute, but they just suck up a bit of money and that's it. I can't play with those pets.

On the other hand, a dog would be a much better pet. Those animals are just playful.

Posted by KoH

Dogs bark and are too active for my tastes. Whereas cats? Man, this thing headbutts me if I stop petting it abruptly. That's just ****ing cool, man.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Xero: I've had a cat for 6 months now and it's boring as hell. Eats, sleeps, wants you to pet it once in a while (otherwise is just scrubs itself on the carpet)....

I forced my cat into seeking human touch. It meows uncontrollably for no reason unless we touch it every once in a while. You have to force it. :mad:

Posted by Xero

Quoting KoH: Dogs bark and are too active for my tastes. Whereas cats? Man, this thing headbutts me if I stop petting it abruptly. That's just ****ing cool, man.

Lucky you.

Quoting Fate: I forced my cat into seeking human touch. It meows uncontrollably for no reason unless we touch it every once in a while. You have to force it. :mad:

I could try. I just hope it doesn't get impatient and bites me =S

Posted by KoH

Yeah, I'm gonna teach it to headbutt people now.

Incidentally, I renamed him 'Carbine' instead of 'Satch.' My friend and I discussed potential names last night while he was studying for finals at his university and we both agreed that 'Carbine' would be the coolest name possible. Named after the M4 Carbine, of course! Preferably with silencer attached.

I got the name because last night I was playing CS with my kitty on my lap and when I used, specifically, the M4 Carbine he started meowing and trying to paw the screen whenever I got a kill. It's like destiny.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Xero;591872]I've had a cat for 6 months now and it's boring as hell. Eats, sleeps, wants you to pet it once in a while (otherwise is just scrubs itself on the carpet)...

Really boring pet. I always thought they were cute, but they just suck up a bit of money and that's it. I can't play with those pets.

On the other hand, a dog would be a much better pet. Those animals are just playful.

Ball of paper on a string, have your cat chase it. Hilarity will ensue. Cats are playful, they just won't fetch. Dogs have been bred to be servants to humans, cats are still very much predators by nature.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Speedfreak: Ball of paper on a string, have your cat chase it. Hilarity will ensue.

Tried that. Didn't work.

Although it jumps on me when I wiggle little chunks of meat for cats. =/

Your cat probably just sucks. 'Cause all of my cats have been the kind to not leave you alone for two seconds.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Your cat probably just sucks.

We adopted that cat because it came to our padio door for 2 weeks constantly. We fed it once and it came back for more. No collar, nothing. When we decided to keep it, there were no notices that this cat was lost.

From that, we can suppose that it spent the first part its life on the street with no master and no love. Maybe it got used to it and that's probably why it "sucks".

Posted by Fate

You should get a kitten and force it to love you. :mad:

Posted by Xero

Quoting Fate: You should get a kitten and force it to love you. :mad:

I could, I could. But I hate forcing people or animals to love me. ;)

Posted by KoH

THEN EXPECT TO NEVER BE LOVED.

How often do you guys suggest I clean this cat's **** from his litter box?

Posted by Fate

A self-filtering litter box or a scooper thing.

Posted by Iris

If it's declawed you should change it every week and scoop poo whenever there's enough to be clearly visible without sifting around.

If it's clawed you should change the litter more often if you're using lining bags.

Posted by KoH

Self-filtering??? Wow... what a time we live in. I'll be sure to invest a penny or two into that device.

Btw, thanks for the specifics Iris. I'm sure my cat appreciates it more than I do as I'm sure he's currently ****ting while also sitting in a pile of his old feces.

Woah, I just noticed. You're actually useful for once. You know, as opposed to being an annoying, sarcastic *****. I really do mean this in the best way possible.

Oh hey, um, since its declawed, does that mean I can bathe it without having to sacrifice my pupils at the hands of my cat's claws?

Posted by Iris

Bathe your cat often as possible while it's still a kitten, and use Johnson's baby shampoo. It's like having your own baby and it's just so cute. It smells so nice.

Posted by KoH

I'll be sure to soak it in cleansing waters upon my return home from work. I surely hope that the little kitty does not loathe me for cleaning it, but godDAMN he needs a bath.

Oh hey, um, is it also customary for the cat to shed hair wherever the **** he goes? 'Cause I feel like I'm breathing 80% hair and 20% oxygen when I enter my apartment now. And I just got a haircut so it's not me.

Posted by Fate

I suggest you not have running water when you bathe the kitty. It'll scare them and you'll pay for it, especially if they have claws. A little kitty leash will do. Just hold the kitty still while you get a wet scrubby thing and gently massage the fur. You don't even have to have a scrubby thing. I would just use a soapy rag and a bucket of water.

I also suggest getting an air filter or keep the air conditioner running.

Posted by KoH

Cats aren't capable of enlarging their mouth like snakes, right?

I have an air filter running 24/7 and AC on maybe... well, never, but still. Any suggestions for the hair thing? I'm sort of a neat freak and really hate seeing a hair strand float in front of my face while I'm playing a game... taunting me to let go of the controls for just a second to swipe at it... antagonizing me... torturing me...

I'd say that the hair issue is the only real bad thing I can see about having a cat. Or at least mine.

Posted by Fate

My current cats don't shed much, thankfully. I had cats that did, though, and I solved it by getting a portable air filter. Put it in the area the cat hangs out in most and it should be okay.

Posted by KoH

Okay, I shall increase my air filter's power by 75%, increasing it to maximum power while at the same time powering on the AC turbo thrusters to a comfortable 69 degrees. 69 is too cold for some, but I love it. Makes me feel the most comfortable.

Quoted post: From that, we can suppose that it spent the first part its life on the street with no master and no love. Maybe it got used to it and that's probably why it "sucks".

Yeah, that's probably exactly why it sucks actually. Out-door cats often seem less cuddly than in-door cats.

Posted by KoH

I kinda wish my cat were more outdoor so that he would stop ****ing headbutting me for attention.

Posted by Iris

Even with vaccinations, it's not really the safest idea to keep cats outdoors. It's really not worth it.

Posted by Xero

Quoting KoH:
How often do you guys suggest I clean this cat's **** from his litter box?

When you start smelling it, that's a signal. ;)

But seriously, I usually clean it every 3-4 days.

Posted by Fate

Really? I have to clean it every day. My cats are poo monsters.

Ewww, every 3-4 days? That's disgusting. The longest I ever leave it is two days, but the box generally gets cleaned everyday, or even twice a day. I really don't like the smell of poo. Also remember to dump out the litter and clean the entire box out (bleach is what I use) every few weeks or so, unless it looks dirty/seems really smelly sooner.

Also, NEVER use human shampoo on a cat. Find a pet shampoo. Nature's Specialties is one of the highest qualities; the smell lasts, and smells AWESOME, and will get the cat extremely clean. It also is highly concentrated. It's a professional product, so I'm not sure where you'd be able to buy it. There are so many ****ty shampoo companies out there...but for washing a pet cat yourself, you probably don't really care. One thing to keep in mind; never use a tar and sulfur shampoo on a cat. Not that you ever would (it smells awful), but it will kill them.

Posted by Iris

I've used Johnson's baby shampoo on my cats multiple times. it's never harmed them.

Because cats and humans have different pH levels, it is recommended to use a pet shampoo on a cat as opposed to a human shampoo. Any human shampoo can cause irritation to the skin of the cat, or dry out the coat. It won't kill them, but if you notice a difference in the skin/coat for the worse, don't use the shampoo anymore. It's much better to just use a cat shampoo.

Posted by KoH

Firstly, I think when he was cleaning it out he meant cleaning the litter and not just scooping the **** out of it. Although I could be wrong and he just is disgusting as hell. Jk. :) Secondly, he probably has one cat, whereas Fate has multiple.

Posted by Fort Shino

Get a pomeranian. They're cuter, and more fluffy than a cat. Not to mention it could probably take down a small child.

Posted by maian

My cats are outdoor cats, and they rock. :cookie: They slay all the rabbits and many birds, and never bring them inside or anything. They eat special grass, which supposedly helps digest the hair they lick, thus preventing hairballs. It must be true, since I've never seen a hairball. Ever. Anyway, my cat is six, and we've always let him outdoors as we please. As long as you train it right when it's young, outdoor cats shouldn't have problems. Ours haven't, at least.

Quoting Fort Shino: Get a pomeranian. They're cuter, and more fluffy than a cat. Not to mention it could probably take down a small child.

Except KoH lives in an apartment and poms are yappy as hell.

Posted by Ant

I still think a grizzly bear is your best choice as far as MOST AWESOME PET ever goes.

Posted by KoH

Quoting Angelwing: Except KoH lives in an apartment and poms are yappy as hell.

**** straight. You're welcome to visit me for sex though. :)

I'm down.

Posted by KoH

OH YOU'RE JUST TAUNTING ME NOW, BABY. FIRST YOU MAKE MOVES, THEN YOU LEAVE ME THAT SEXY REP COMMENT, AND NOW THIS? PREPARE FOR BOARDING!

who cleans a litter box that often? ONCE A WEEK REPRESENT

and I have three cats lolz

Posted by Iris

I have two cats and I do it every 5-7 days, to be honest. My cats don't seem to mind, because I always scoop poop every day or two and add a little more cat litter.

I don't even bother with that room until the day I deem necessary, which is around the one week area. Cats don't seem to mind, then again they're cats. So **** if I know what they're thinking.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;593820]So **** if I know what they're thinking.
"It is the chosen one prophesied by the Necronomicon to deliver us from evil odors and clumps in the pooper.. "

"Oooooooooh."

Posted by KoH

Well... after 2-3 days, I realized that I can't stand pets as much as I can't stand people. My original hope was that I would be able to warm up to pets, and then people so that I could start treating friends and family better, but it simply did not work as I find this cat of mine to be just as irritating and annoying as most people I meet. Oh well. It's a shame because I had incredibly specific requirements for a cat, and this guy meets all of them.

Worry not, VGC members! For I did find him a suitable replacement home, who will be picking up the little guy on Saturday.

Wow, you suck.

Posted by Oforia

I have one of those automated cat boxes. I have three cats and that thing smells like ****. I clean it every week or so, but sometimes I have to scoop some **** out and add more litter.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Wow KoH, give up that quick? Pussy..

Posted by KoH

It's not that I gave up, it's that I can't stand the ****ing thing anymore. I like to think of it as me just living up to my reputation when it comes to relationships. So I'm not so much failing, but succeeding. :)

Quoting KoH: OH YOU'RE JUST TAUNTING ME NOW, BABY. FIRST YOU MAKE MOVES, THEN YOU LEAVE ME THAT SEXY REP COMMENT, AND NOW THIS? PREPARE FOR BOARDING!

:cool:

And wow, that was quick. Was the poor little guy really that annoying? Maybe you should have gotten a feral cat.

Fun fact: all animals suck at first. Every single one of them. if your put time and energy into it (like, gasp, any relationship!) they become pretty awesome.

Actually, **** putting time and energy into anything.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Wow, you suck.

Ditto. Cats suck if you get them as adults.

Adult cats are fabulous.

[quote]Fun fact: all animals suck at first. Every single one of them.

Yeah, except for my greencheek, who was tame and cuddly from the second I brought him home. It just depends.

Quoted post: Adult cats are fabulous.

Not so much if you get the cat as an adult...

Sure, they aren't as fun or cute or as hilarious as kittens, but they are still great. I got my cat as an adult, and I'm not disappointed. Adult cats make me sad, because everybody wants a kitten. :(

It's not the kitty/cat dilemma. More so the fact that the bond is a bit different and not as close. Plus, there's more chances of an abusive life, meaning the chances of getting a "damaged" cat are greater. In other words, they may have various ticks that you could completely avoid or at least iron out but getting a kitten.

That may be true in some cases, but certainly not in the majority. For instance, all I have to do is look at my cat and she starts purring and runs over to me. Spend enough time loving any aged cat, and there will be a strong bond regardless. This is true for most pets.

Posted by KoH

My cat's 10 months old. So he's inbetween being a kitty and an adult, or so I'm told. :(

Put time and effort into it? Come on, Vamp... That's a load of bull**** and you know it.

Btw, from everyone else's perspective thus far, including friends and strangers who've met him thinking about adopting him, have all agreed that my cat is incredible. So therefore, and much to my dismay, the problem lies with me and not my kitty. :(

Well, give yourself another chance.

Quoted post: That may be true in some cases, but certainly not in the majority. For instance, all I have to do is look at my cat and she starts purring and runs over to me. Spend enough time loving any aged cat, and there will be a strong bond regardless. This is true for most pets.

It seems like you have to put more time and energy into it than you would a kitten, in terms of bonding. But I guess it largely depends on the cat, yeah.

Posted by Ant

you should have just put the cat to an early death.

that's what I would want anyways(IF I WERE SAID CAT).

Posted by KoH

[quote=Angelwing;603646]Well, give yourself another chance.

Nah, I prefer being alone and single, as it turns out. As I already started missing my solitude and peace after a day or two of having the cat around. Besides, I'm not really worried about my inability to hold or begin a relationship, I've got time yet. :)

[quote=Ant;603656]you should have just put the cat to an early death.

that's what I would want anyways(IF I WERE SAID CAT).

Yeah, why would you go to a newly wed couple who're unable to have kids and so wanted a cat to love and call their own? Suicide or death in general sounds loads more fun.

Posted by Ant

A life without you wouldn't be worth living.

Posted by KoH

Awww... gay but... so sweet. I luve u 2.

Posted by Fate

I read somewhere that depending on the breed of cat, it can bond differently based on the intelligence and needs of it.

Posted by KoH

... That seems too obvious to state...

Posted by Fate

Well, not all cats are purebreds, you know.

Posted by KoH

Yes, but you can say what you said before about almost every other animal in existance.

So the little guy left today to a couple who offered $200. It was half about the money, and half about finding a good home, lucky for me I found both with the same people.

Oh well. That was a fun... week.