What unknown does the world need to hear?

Posted by Nihilus

Are there any unknown or maybe even local bands that you think will someday break into international stars. How about a band that is better than the crap you hear on the radio and doesnt get a bit of credit for the art they produce. All I hear about is ***smack, System of a Down, Linkin Park, etc...

One of my favorite bands is Local H, they started out around here in So Illinois. They had a song on the radio some years ago called "Bound for the Floor, although most people know it by Copasetic.(due to the fact that it is said a few times in the chorus) Since the first album they have been touring small clubs and bars. Lucky for me, they come back to C-Dale every year.
I strongly suggest checkin' these guys out, especially Pack up the Cats, Whatever Happened to P.J. Soles?, and the live album, Alive in '05.

Posted by G-Sides

genghis tron
an albatross
avey tare & panda bear's stuff before animal collective
melt-banana
bloody panda
drumcorps
infectious grooves
lightning bolt
mare (rip)
morning 40 federation
tera melos

most of these are actually kind of big but i never hear anyone ever talk about them :s
the last two on the list though are pretty unknown and you must check both of them out. the morning 40 federation sounds like ska, rock, and burlesque had a fantastically drunk child. tera melos is ****ing nuts; insane guitar tapping and drum rides to create some of the best freeform acid-esqe jazz i've ever heard (if you like the fall of troy any, check em out)

k that's all

Posted by Hyper

radiohead

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Opeth should get bigger, so long as the music doesn't suck.

Oh yeah... and it'd be nice to see Nightingale get more respect, in the progressive rock/metal world.

Posted by Hyper

Nightingale kind of sucks :(

Posted by Nihilus

Quoting Grave Wisdom: Opeth should get bigger, so long as the music doesn't suck.

Yeah, I'd like Local H to get more respect, but I'd hate it if they went all radio and ****. Nobody likes it when a good band goes watered down..cough cough Avenged Sevenfold cough cough Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Posted by Fate

Lola Ray. I would also say The Bravery but they're pretty big in the UK, so I've heard.

And RHCP have not been watered down.

Posted by Xero

The metal/rock/pop is listen to is generally trendy. I have no suggestions in that domain.

If I had to suggest a band to someone, I'd mention Deep Forest first, then U-ziq. But that's if they like music without lyrics.

Posted by Omni

Everybody should listen to Sigh.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

lol black metal be popular? counter-intuitive get

Posted by Dexter

Didn't care for Sigh.

I'll agree with Fate on Lola Ray and even Polysics.

Nightingale are junk.

Listen to more Joe Hisaishi, people.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

WTF? Why the hate for Nightingale? :(

Dan Swan

Posted by Dexter

Raptor respects.

Posted by Hyper

They don't suck because of Dan, they suck because they just kind of suck.

Posted by Dexter

I didn't even know Dan was involved. Then again, I was never into Dan. I tried a lot because Raptor liked them and I usually find myself really liking his style, but I just couldn't go for Dan.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Dexter: What bands have you listened to that Dan Swan

Posted by Dexter

I only know of him being in his solo work. Anything he does out of that I am unaware of, even if I listen to it.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Ahh, you heard Moontower then? That's one of the few TRULY solo albums he did, and the only one released AS Dan Swan

Posted by Dexter

Yup, I believe that was the one. I was pretty excited when I first turned it on but it didn't grow on me much. What projects of his should I really look into?

Posted by WackoHater2

[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6772969&MyToken=7dccea6f-0c31-4aa5-ab4c-9ac426b8e785]DaCav5[/url]

I'm expecting negative rep or comments for posting a hip hop band here, but I know these guys personally and I throw them out there to the public whenever I can.

Posted by Shade

Dream Theater

Posted by Omni

I see people with Dream Theater t-shirts all the time. They're very well known.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Quoting Dexter: Yup, I believe that was the one. I was pretty excited when I first turned it on but it didn't grow on me much. What projects of his should I really look into?

Well, the band that first made him big in the metal scene was Edge Of Sanity. They started out as pretty much straight death metal, but they slowly incorporated more and more progressive influences. Basically, if you like Opeth...you'll probably like Edge Of Sanity. Most people's favorite album seems to be Crimson, but i'd give my nod to Purgatory Afterglow. As for other bands? Try Pan Thy Monium, and ***send also. Technically, ***send wasn't HIS band, but he was on 2 of the 3 albums they did.

Posted by Dexter

I've listened to Edge of Sanity for a long time now. Never heard of Pan Thy Monium. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Needs more Jeremy Soule.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Dream Theater

DT's new album is advertised pretty heavily on the television. A lot of people know who they are.

Posted by Ant

MORE! MORE! MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Posted by Shade

I should be more careful about sarcasm over the internet, it seems.

Posted by Omni

Or you could just stop going on and on about such an overrated band all the time.

Posted by Shade

I shouldn't feel the need to repeat myself. And yet I do. Sarcasm.

Posted by Dexter

I've met only a few people who know of them, and even they barely knew anything at all about their material. I can agree with Shade on this.

Posted by Hyper

i almost posted the same thing as you did sarcastically, then i realized that it would be dumb

Posted by Oforia

People need to listen to more Elvis

Posted by Omni

Quoting Mixman: People need to listen to more Elvis

That reminds me. I wanted to download his greatest hits because I like oldies.

Posted by Oforia

oldies smoldies

who cares about the oldies!?