GTA IV Facts from Demo

Posted by clearlytheman

This is a few bullet points of a few things you can expect in the new GTA from our friends at official xbox magazine.

1- You can whip out your cell phone at any time and call your contacts to get missions when you want.
2- The targeting system appears to be a free look model similar to that in Saints Row but Rockstar declined to comment on their suspicion or even give a hint.
3- Once you load the game initially you'll never see a loading screen again.
4- GTA IV will feature multiplayer but it won't be of a massive variety and it won't be vanilla deathmatch either it needs to rival the single player experience said Rockstar
5- Though it wasn't seen in the demo Rockstar mentioned the cars will feature more realistic damage modeling.
6- Rockstar mentioned the cop/wanted system will change entirely although they didnt elaborate
7- The setup isn't finalized but most of the boroughs are likely to be locked off at the start of the game.
8- You can now hear the radios of the other cars.

This game is going to be nothing like we've seen before OXM even mentioned that the average person may not care for the game initially. For instance their will be no airplanes,jetpacks,bicycles or any of that Rockstar is shooting for a much more realistic experience. Even pedestrians act less like zombies and more like real people. These are just a few things that can be expected from the completely remodelled GTA series.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: 4- GTA IV will feature multiplayer but it won't be of a massive variety and it won't be vanilla deathmatch either it needs to rival the single player experience said Rockstar

Sounds like co-op. Let's hope it's more than two person co-op

Posted by Creedence

Co-op or a small scale gang war, with maybe 4-10 players and then computer controled guyz.

Posted by Bebop

For the cop thing I'm guessing the wanted level will never go down. Im thinking that once you escape a cop they wont be following you forver, spawning on the horizon but a cop could recognize you, or people could report you.

Posted by Jesus Christ

Anything about the cars spawning out of thin air? I enjoyed the games, but that was really stupid.

Posted by Fate

Looks like they took a couple of good things from Saints Row. This is great.

Posted by clearlytheman

They are taking out the unrealistic stuff to make it more real.

Posted by Hyper

I didn't see how bikes were unreal (aside from the massive bunny hops).

Posted by Bebop

Quoting clearlytheman: They are taking out the unrealistic stuff to make it more real.

Like jetpacs right?

Apparantly in the game you go from rags to better rags rather than ghetto boy to full blown millionaire which I defiantly prefer.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I didn't see how bikes were unreal (aside from the massive bunny hops).

Bikes are last-gen, faggot. Embrace next-gen and all its glory.

Posted by AlternateView

Please Rockstar, replace SA's crappy gun noises.

Posted by Bebop

The push bikes were actually my favorite mode of transport in GTA, just above the pink moped from Vice City.

Posted by AlternateView

Love the Faggio.
Feel the Faggio.
EMBRACE the Faggio.

Posted by Bebop

I dont know who you are or what you just said to me but I dont like it one bit

Posted by AlternateView

Quoting Bebop: The push bikes were actually my favorite mode of transport in GTA, just above the pink moped from Vice City.

The pink mopeds. They were called Faggios.