Netflix

Posted by Proto Man

So, do any of you use Netflix? Both my mom and dad have a subscription. Cool thing is about Netflix now is that there is a feature called "Watch it now". You just download a plugin, and if you have broadband, you can watch movies right there on their site. Nice thing is, I have access to my dad's account, so I can partake.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

If I had money, i'd get it. But since I don't...

Posted by fates warning

parents have it. I still have to torrent movies though, cause they always fill the que with boring ****.

Posted by Xero

Don't have it. Don't need it.

Posted by Dexter

I have it. NES Queen got me into it. It's been nice. I got the Ewoks Adventures to watch tonight!

Posted by Crazy K

I been wanting to get it, but I need a job just to get it. So it's on my to do list.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: I have it. NES Queen got me into it. It's been nice. I got the Ewoks Adventures to watch tonight!

So have you used the Watch it Now feature? IMO thats the best part of Netflix now. Beats having to d/l movies.

Posted by Dexter

I haven't even noticed that new addition yet. I'll check it out sometime, although I doubt I'll care much for it. A lot of the films I get are probably not included.

Add me to your parents' buddy list! :)

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: I haven't even noticed that new addition yet. I'll check it out sometime, although I doubt I'll care much for it. A lot of the films I get are probably not included.

Add me to your parents' buddy list! :)

I sent you a PM then. It's my dad's account cause I don't have access to my mom's.

Posted by Dexter

You guys watched It's a Mad, Mad World? I used to watch that all the time. Way better than Rat Race.

Posted by Omni

I love that movie. I have seen it at least 30 times.

Posted by Dexter

You better not be talking about Rat Race! :mad:

Although Mr. Bean's cool. Doesn't he have a new Mr. Bean Christmas film on the way? I'll start the line.

Posted by Omni

I'm not talking about Rat Race. It's funny, but it's not really a classic.

Posted by WackoHater2

I have Netflix. It's convenient. I like it. I was gonna cancel it for GameFly, but GameFly is a rip off. Anyway, it's nice to have,

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Panic: I have Netflix. It's convenient. I like it. I was gonna cancel it for GameFly because, but GameFly is a rip off. Anyway, it's nice to have,

To my knowledge GameFly doesn't have watch it now.

What Gamefly DOES have though is Videogames... = \ I wish netflix would do games soon. Who knows, maybe they will merge, or buy out a game distributer.

Posted by Dexter

GameFly is all about games. They don't do movies at all. I don't think their price is that bad, although they did just raise it another dollar and they are slower at shipping than Netflix is.

Posted by Roger Smith

GameFly is a horrible service. I canceled my account and sent back their game. But the postal service didn't deliver it to them when THEY WANTED IT BACK, so they ended up charging me 59.99 for R-Type Final. Yeah, have fun with that.

Anyway, I know my grandpaw uses Netflix and he enjoys it very much, I think my mom & dad have considered getting it as well.

Posted by Dexter

Quoted post: GameFly is a horrible service. I canceled my account and sent back their game. But the postal service didn't deliver it to them when THEY WANTED IT BACK,

idk. What was wrong with the service? There are no late fees.

Posted by Roger Smith

Well, if you cancel and you still have one of their games, they can charge you whatever they want if the game doesn't get back to them when they want it. Pretty ****ed up considering I sent it back the day after I canceled.

But when they recieved it they gave me my money back, but not before it wrecked havoc upon my checking account. KNOW HOW MUCH IT SUCKS BEING 100 BUCKS IN THE HOLE CUZ OF SOME GAME NAZIS?

Posted by Dexter

Oh wow, that would suck. But still, it makes sense that they would do that. What made you decide to initially cancel it?

I have a two-at-a-time deal with them. It works well so I can play a bunch of games I would never want to buy. I don't like how they're usually out of newer titles. They could use a few more copies so their costumers don't have to wait so long.

I got Mortal Kombat: Armageddon for the Wii today by them.

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=Dexter;589469]Although Mr. Bean's cool. Doesn't he have a new Mr. Bean Christmas film on the way? I'll start the line.

Mr. Bean's Holiday I guess is coming out August 24th, according to wikipedia's (2007 movies)

It's already 7th in the box office. Looks like a good movie.

Posted by Stalolin

y'know, if you guys would just torrent things, you wouldn't have to deal with that whole money thing

Posted by WackoHater2

Torrent movies don't work for everyone. I have to share the computer I use with everyone else in my family. I rarely get a chance to sit down on here for more than an hour at a time. Plus Verizon DSL sucks for downloading anything. Takes it forever no matter what the commercials say.

Posted by Dexter

Torrent are too complicated and often buggy. Not to mention some of the material I get is probably difficult to find while searching for a proper torrent. I'd instead pay the money and be assured I'm going to get the film. Hooking the laptop into the television for everyone is a hassle, as well.

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=Dexter;589780]Torrent are too complicated and often buggy. Not to mention some of the material I get is probably difficult to find while searching for a proper torrent. I'd instead pay the money and be assured I'm going to get the film. Hooking the laptop into the television for everyone is a hassle, as well.

Agreeable, plus it takes to long to download, and foreign movies usually don't have English subs. If I want to see a great movie, I'll simply rent it or see it in theaters, if it were a movie that I thought was going to suck, then I'll torrent it, which is what I usually do. But I also torrent to movies that don't come out here in the states.

But yeah, I torrent once in a wile.

I also seen a new deal from netflix, 5 movies for $5. I might actually have to try it. I think it's only for the Internet movies though.

Posted by Dexter

How is there Internet film library?

Posted by Omni

Quoting Dexter: How is there Internet film library?

their*

Dexter, I'm surprised at you. :eek:

Posted by Dexter

I do that often. Lack of an early education is to blame for such an awful grammar idiosyncrasy.

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=Dexter;589862]How is there Internet film library?

I don't know, but I guess they have every movie in their collection on the Internet. I'm guessing though.

Posted by Dexter

There's no way. I couldn't see them having such a large library, but instead maybe the popular titles, or something like that.

Posted by Proto Man

They don't have every movie online... yet. They regularly add new movies to it. Not new releases or anything, but they keep filling it with good stuff.

Posted by Dexter

Do they have Legend? The one with Tom Cruise? That's a good one to check to see how large the library is.

Posted by Crazy K

How many movies do they add per week? Per day?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Crazy K: How many movies do they add per week? Per day?

That, I am not sure of. I only check about every couple weeks, and poof, there is new movies.

I checked Dexter, and they do not have legend for online viewing. Not yet anyways.

Posted by Dexter

Epic fail. Without Legend, there is no hope. Legend is such stuff as dreams are made of. It's the closest movie to The Legend of Zelda!

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: Epic fail. Without Legend, there is no hope. Legend is such stuff as dreams are made of. It's the closest movie to The Legend of Zelda!

So THAT'S why that movie sounded so familiar. Well I will definitely put it in my Queue.

Posted by Dexter

Make sure you get the version with Jerry Goldmsith's musical score. It's the extended one. Actually, I would suggest watching both versions for they are very different and both good in their own special ways.