Knocked Up - What in the hell?

Posted by KoH

I have yet to see this movie but, being the movie addict I am, was trolling Rottentomatoes.com and saw it got a ****ing 92%. The only other recent comedy I know of to achieve a ranking close to that is Borat, and that was just ****ing hilarious.

Anyone know exactly why this movie's 'just that great?' Is it the comedy, drama, story, acting, directing, what? I've read reviews but I tend to distrust mainstream reviewers for obvious reasons and none of my friends have seen it because it's just queer when a group of guys go in to watch a Romance/Comedy.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Trailer made it look pretty boring. But whatever, I might check it out now.

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=KoH;588865]I have yet to see this movie but, being the movie addict I am, was trolling Rottentomatoes.com and saw it got a ****ing 92%. The only other recent comedy I know of to achieve a ranking close to that is Borat, and that was just ****ing hilarious.

Anyone know exactly why this movie's 'just that great?' Is it the comedy, drama, story, acting, directing, what? I've read reviews but I tend to distrust mainstream reviewers for obvious reasons and none of my friends have seen it because it's just queer when a group of guys go in to watch a Romance/Comedy.

I think it's going off of 40 year old virgin's popularity.

Posted by Dexter

The 40 Year Old Virgin was actually a good film and this one looks just as great. I nearly saw it today but decided to do some photography instead. Hopefully I'll catch it tomorrow.

Posted by Near

I've been wanting to catch this movie. I thought '40 Year Old Virgin' was hilarious, and I think this is going to turn out the same way. I guess I'll find out for myself when I actually see it, but I did expect good things from this flick as soon as I heard about it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Haven't seen it yet, but the people I know who have have been basically praising it as a surprisingly smart comedy. Not sure if I'm going to actually go to the theater to see it though.

Posted by Bebop

Critics have been saying the name and marketting makes it seems like like stupid teen comedy about sex when actually it's barely about that. I originally detested the idea of "The 40 year old virgin" but was pleasantly suprised when I saw it so I'll see this one.