Yay Weekend...Boo Class

Posted by Near

So I started my summer class Friday, June 1st, which was ok since it was a quick in and out process. We showed up, went over a thing or two, then left to start our grand weekend.

My old roomate who is graduated and living in Raleigh was supposed to come down and hang out for the weekend, but work got in the way and he was unable to come down. Oh well, I'm sure he'll find time at some point to come down and visit.....Anyways, our neighbors at the apartment were having a party so we decided to just open up our door and party along with them. Although there seemed to be a lot of underage drinking going on, and I was told the following morning that the cops actually showed up and took statements from some of the young people. Thank *** I had already gone into my room and locked the door. I was busy, so I did not want to deal with any of that crap, and I would have been quite angry had the cops come knocking on my door...like I said, I was busy.

Anyways, Friday was fun, got my drink in, and then came Saturday. Mostly a lazy day, I think I stepped outside once, that was it. Mostly just sat around eating food and watching TV.

Sunday was a bit more productive. me and my roommate Joe went up to the asian market in Ashville and got **** to make sushi. First couple of rolls did not come out so well, but I finally got one looking like a sushi roll, and when everything was said and done, we had quite a bit of food. We even made stir-fry along with the sushi, so we have a lot of food right now. We put cucumbers and carrots in our sushi along with some crab, man they are good. Still have a whole plate at the house which I will probably dig into once I get off work.

So overall a pretty good weekend, nothing to really complain about, although I did have to go to class today which kind of sucked, but oh well, its just one class.

Posted by Dexter

I like summer school. Shorter terms and less people. My spring term ends next week and I won't be taking any summer classes, unfortunately, but instead will travel a bit...and work plenty.

Posted by Near

Oh yes, you gotta love the work...heh heh, well, the money is always nice at least.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Summer school was ****ing badass. Met two of my good friends there and basically just played the guitar with them all day. Two weeks of the easiest, surprisingly fun classes is much more preferable to five months of the same boring stuff.

Posted by Dexter

Money used to feel better. I think the problem is that I now have too much of it, or at least more than I know what to do with. A few vacations should fix that.

Posted by Near

Yeah, summer school is much better than the regular semester classes. It sucks having to go every day for so long, but hell, its over in roughly a month, so I guess I don't have much to complain about.

Dexter, I wish I had your problem brother. But hey man, you got it, spend it. Take those vacations you're talking about, should prove to be fun.

Quoted post:
Yeah, summer school is much better than the regular semester classes. It sucks having to go every day for so long, but hell, its over in roughly a month, so I guess I don't have much to complain about.

So I'm guessing you took the half-day option? I opted for going the full day for two weeks. 6 hours of math wasn't exactly what I wanted, but whatever, turned out to be worth it.

Posted by Near

I actually had no option. They have it set up here at WCU into three summer sesions. The first being around 20 days, and the last two being around a month each. So I kind of had to take what they gave me.

Posted by Zeta

I have to go in around the 20th to finish working on the rocking chair I didn't finish making. Not sure if that really counts as summer school though since attendance isn't required; I can just drop by whenever I feel like it.

Quoted post: I actually had no option. They have it set up here at WCU into three summer sesions. The first being around 20 days, and the last two being around a month each. So I kind of had to take what they gave me.

Ah, **** sucks. I wouldn't've bothered if I had to take up a month of my summer vacation.

Posted by Near

Yeah, I agree with that....luckily I had the initial 20 days of freedom, but now I am stuck taking a class in the 2nd sesion and in the 3rd....so no more summer for me except for that two week period right before the fall semester picks back up.