SLC Punk

Posted by Near

So my roommate recorded this movie a week or two ago, its been sitting on our DVR box ever since. Well last night after a night of playing pool and drinking beer at the local bar, The Rusty Lizard, we got back home and decided to watch this. I have never seen it but my roommate had and insisted I watch it. I've always been one who enjoys movies that are different and my roommate knows this, we tend to have the same opinion about most movies, so of course I was 100% on board to watch this movie.

Well just like my roommate said and what I had expected, this movie was indeed different, and worthy of being added to my collection of movies I will actually buy.

In short its mostly about these two guys who are fixing to graduate college, they have been friends ever since they were kids, and have been anarchists since early high school, or sometime around then. I guess you could say they were 'punks', or at least thats what they called themselves. The majority of the movie is mainly about these two guys hanging out with their friends, going to parties, getting ****ed up, and in the same breath trying to fight 'the system'.

The main guy is called Steve-o, I couldn't tell you his real life name, but its the guy who played Shaggy from the Scoobie Doo movies. This guy is your typical rebel who likes to do things his way and believe there should be no order in the world, only chaos. He also partakes in the many drugs that are out there, like marijuana and acid. Fun stuff, right?....**** Straight!

The other guy, Steve-o's friend, they called him Heroin Bob, which they bring up in the movie as really funny since Bob does not do any sort of drug. He drinks and smokes cigarettes, thats it. He even despises needles. For example, at the beginning of the movie he punch the **** out of a mirror and cut his hand up pretty bad. All he did was keep a rag or shirt wrapped around it and that was it. Sure enough it got infected, he even had to be quarantined, but when they tried to give him a shot, he freaked out and tried to get away.

Well, that kind of gives you an idea of what these two guys are like, and like I said earlier, the movie was mainly about partying and talking about how the world is ****ed up since everyone follows the rules. Too much order. But thats enough of that, I wont say anymore, you should just watch it for yourself if you haven't seen it.

I give this movie a 9 out of 10.

Posted by Crazy K

I have yet to see this film. I'm not a big fan of Matthew Lillard, so I have not really cared much for his movies. I'll probably check it out one of these days.

Posted by Dexter

I hear so many great things about this film and yet I've never seen it. I'll have to add it to my Netflix list. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a really good punk film before.

Posted by MarioStar

Great movie the part where he runs threw the sprinklers with the acid in his pockets is sooo ****ing funny

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Whoa, I haven't heard anything about this film in years. Christ, I remember watching it around the the age of thirteen, almost ten years ago. I almost completely forgot about it.

Posted by Nihilus

Absolutley awesome movie. Easily the best performance of Lillards career. I got lucky and caught it on a movie channel some years ago and went and bought it soon after.

Posted by s0ul

Awesome movie!

Heroin Bob is pretty much the ****.

Posted by Near

SPOILER:

Yeah, but its crazy how the dude who would never do a single drug ODs from ****in pills.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

I saw it yesterday, It was funny when they get arrested for looking suspicuous

I didn't know looking suspicious was a crime

Posted by Near

In some places Joy Riding is a crime. What a crock of ****. If you are just driving around with no purpose, you can get arrested? Thats not right if you ask me.

Sorry, just something random there based off what you said PunkRock Sonic.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: In some places Joy Riding is a crime. What a crock of ****. If you are just driving around with no purpose, you can get arrested? Thats not right if you ask me.

joyriding is a crime, because, well, it involves stealing a car and driving it around with no purpose or goal. You forgot the first part of the crime itself, which is probably why you don't get it. Plus, they're usually teens without a license.

Posted by Near

Strange, I may have been misinformed then. I was told joy riding period, if its your car or not. Oh well, my apologies.